What do you like on your raw avocado?

Replies

• cloverdaisy
    cloverdaisy Posts: 64 Member
    My favorite breakfast is avocado toast. No salt & pepper, just plain avocado.
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    I know this sounds crazy... but my sister took me to a breakfast place and they had mashed avocado on toast and then honey drizzled over it and with sliced strawberries. I was skeptical about this flavor combo, but it was amazing!

Normally I can just eat an avocado plain. I also like it chopped up in cottage cheese with salt and pepper. It is great on chips (guac!!!) or just spread on some type of meat (since you are keto, just doing avocado spread over a cheeseburger without the bun may be tasty).

This is making me want to go buy an avocado tomorrow. Yum!
  • BeardSense2017
    BeardSense2017 Posts: 41 Member
    Pink sea salt and sriracha B)
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Ketchup!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    I like avocado on my salad. Or on toast with Vegemite and poached eggs. Or on pizza. Or guacamole.

I like salt on my avocado.
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    I put bread and margarine around the avocado. Hash browns, as suggested above, also work as a nice topping.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    I toast some pumpkin seeds, then lightly chop them and sprinkle it on each halve. Salt too.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited February 2017
    Soy sauce (low sodium Kikkoman specifically). It reminds me so much of sushi this way.
    My mom eats it with a little salt and pepper.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Cottage cheese and chilli sauce - preferably my mister's homemade chilli but otherwise smoked Tabasco will do.
  • Tania_181
    Tania_181 Posts: 100 Member
    Mmmm avocado. I like mine with lemon/lime juice, a sprinkle of paprika and a poached egg.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    I enjoy mine with, well...just avocado. Nothing else. I find it quite scrumptious. :D

+1

I just split it open, pull the pit, and go at it with a spoon until I hit rind.
  • MissMaggieMuffin
    MissMaggieMuffin Posts: 444 Member
    Love avocado - just plain, maybe a bit of salt and pepper. Sometimes make an avocado hummus. So yummy!
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    cottage cheese
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Avocado, sliced tomato, fresh mozzarella, all drizzled with balsamic vinegar, and a sprinkling of black pepper. Heaven.
  • bunnyluv19
    bunnyluv19 Posts: 103 Member
    Firm ripe avocado slices on whole wheat toast,topped with tomato slices&pepper-delicious!
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Toast an English muffin, spread with mashed avocado, sprinkle with smoked tabasco, top with slices of hard-boiled egg, sprinkle with Tony's creole seasoning. I'll eat this for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack.
  • Chunkahlunkah
    Chunkahlunkah Posts: 373 Member
    I love avocados. 12 years ago, I went through a phase that lasted about a year where I ate one every single day. There aren't many foods I would even want to do that with, but avocados are so delicious to me.

I like the idea of using soy sauce. I don't think I've done that yet. I think that would make a tasty way to enjoy it as a side as well, along with some fish.

My usual ways...
    ~ A little salt, either a splash of lemon or lime, and sometimes a small sprinkling of cayenne.
    ~ Something similar to the chunky guac mentioned above.
    ~ On various sandwiches. Runny yolk ones or various meat sandwiches.
    ~ Avocado toast. Topping it with a protein sometimes to make it like an open faced sandwich.
    ~ On the side sliced/diced to go with protein during a meal.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I sometimes eat avocado on it's own...usually with just a little salt...but more often it is an accompaniment to something else...like I put it on my salad or sandwich or I make guacamole. I live in New Mexico, so it is a common "condiment" to many traditional dishes.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Bacon, lettuce, tomato, and two slices of bread.
  • GYATagain
    GYATagain Posts: 141 Member
    I enjoy mine with, well...just avocado. Nothing else. I find it quite scrumptious. :D

+2!!

I could eat one everyday - just fairly hard to come by very good avocados in the Midwest that don't cost an arm and a leg! In addition to just splitting it open and digging in with a spoon - I love guac (of course), and on my salads, on my eggs, in my smoothies, on my baked fajitas, on cottage cheese, even on my potatoes.