Measurement monitoring are almost more frustrating than the scale.

Options
So for the first time I started to monitor my measurements...not that I'm having mega issues with the scale. But lots say measurement taking can be more motivating cause often when the scale isn't budging your still losing inches. Been 4 weeks...I've gone down 1 inch only in my BUST!. Scale has been far more progressive. Gone down 14lbs.

Is this normal? I'm not tiny... since I started measuring (not calorie counting) my measurements were 40-33-45. Today they are 39-33-45!! UGH Should I hopefully start to see inches go down soon??

Replies

• CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    It is entirely possible that the fat is coming off areas you are not measuring. I'd just keep the scale, the measurements as all individual data points and go with it. I measure my stomach area as it's the largest part of fat I have left. I always capture my love handles around the biggest area. I use calipers and the scale. You will see your measurements change over time, just stick with it.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You need to measure all over and realize that different parts of your body will lose fat at different rates. It looks like you are only measuring in 3 places. Measure:

- neck
    - shoulders (circumference around)
    - bust across middle
    - bra line
    - waist at smallest spot between navel and ribs
    - waist across navel
    - hips at largest part around butt
    - thigh
    - calf
    - ankle
    - upper arm
    - forearm
    - wrist
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    How do your clothes fit? Better? Keep going!
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I've found the same thing at times but I think part of the problem sometimes for me is that I may not have the tape measure in exactly the same place. Give it time. Inches don't drop as quick as pounds but having the measurements is good when the scale stalls because you can see that you are getting smaller which let's face it is what most of us are after anyway. Are your rings looser? Are your clothes looser? These are all indicators of inches lost. Hang in there. It will come.
  • Pale_Green
    Pale_Green Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    You need to measure all over and realize that different parts of your body will lose fat at different rates. It looks like you are only measuring in 3 places. Measure:

- neck
    - shoulders (circumference around)
    - bust across middle
    - bra line
    - waist at smallest spot between navel and ribs
    - waist across navel
    - hips at largest part around butt
    - thigh
    - calf
    - ankle
    - upper arm
    - forearm
    - wrist

I am doing all of the above. No changes?! I only mentioned bust waist and hips to make it short lol
  • Pale_Green
    Pale_Green Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks all...for the comments...Im in this. I won't ever stop taking care of my body..viewing this as a life long thing. I wish I had taken my measurements 50lbs ago...it's just a new thing I've started doing and it's left me a slight new frustration lol...
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Maybe you lost back fat