Ladies, an apparel question.

Any other well endowed ladies out there that struggle with finding a decent sports bra? What brand has worked best for you?

Replies

• jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Definitely buy one for cup size...and I have found that ones that you can clip in the back to make into a racerback bra work best.

A couple that I have tried and like are the Moving Comfort Juno and the Freya Active Underwire Spacer Sports Bra. Good luck!
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    jcraig10 wrote: »
    Definitely buy one for cup size...and I have found that ones that you can clip in the back to make into a racerback bra work best.

A couple that I have tried and like are the Moving Comfort Juno and the Freya Active Underwire Spacer Sports Bra. Good luck!

I'm going to second the Freya recommendation!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Enell. Hands down. I've tried all the others and all I can assume is that other women have a higher tolerance for bouncing than I do. (Source: Runner, who started at 44G, now at 36DDD.)
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    This is the one I use whenever I do anything that's high impact: https://smile.amazon.com/Wacoal-Womens-Underwire-Sport-Naturally/dp/B001T68IG2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487703396&sr=8-1&keywords=wacoal+sports+bra&th=1

I used it doing Insanity, T25, Insanity Max 30, P90X3, and when I went through my running phase.
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    I will admit I just run in my regular bra but it is a minimizer so it holds things pretty securely. I don't notice an issue.
  • Emily_AK87
    Emily_AK87 Posts: 64 Member
    Awesome!! Thank you ladies!!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    i use a brand called Anita - they are a double layered bra - can swim in it for triathlons (has gotten me through 2 ironmen) - I'm a 32FF/G (depending on the bra)
  • breannemarie1993
    breannemarie1993 Posts: 161 Member
    Victoria Secret has maximum support bras but they're hellllla expensive but everything stays where its supposed to!
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    edited February 2017
    I have always had a problem finding good support in a sports bra in larger cup size and small band size (currently 34G). This is by far the best supportive bra I've worn. I have 3 of them, and use the j-hook for even better support. My girls don't move, even when running. Worth every penny you will pay for it.
    http://www.herroom.com/elomi-el8041-energise-underwire-sports-bra-with-j-hook.shtml
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I second the rec for VS max line. More specifically the fron xlose on that has cups and then a stretch layer to zip over. I did just size down out of needing the max support but they are amazing, the only bras I could comfortably run in.
  • LazyButHealthy
    LazyButHealthy Posts: 257 Member
    Marks & Spencers.

I have never found a sports bra in a sports shop that holds me in as securely as good ol' m&s.

I go for very high impact, high front rise bras. The back tie 3-hook ones are good, especially when the straps are 2 way (regular and cross) but my favourite is front zip racer back.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Personally, I wear one of my regular bras plus a sports bra. It's the only thing that worked for me. (I started off at a G/H and I'm now a DD.)
  • nsween87
    nsween87 Posts: 5 Member
    I tend to either wear one of my good fitter comfy bra's (hard to get) and a sports bra or a non-wire Comfort Bra ( from George asda from £6) it also good for bed if anyone is like me and when it gets hot or has hot flushes and need something just to keep them in control and not to rub and irritate. Also look on eBay, Amazon on other online shops but I do recommend Asda for there bra's as they have bigger sizes and they do seem to last me longer than some of the more expensive shops xx
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    I wear a bra called the Shock Absorber! It's my running bra!!
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Berlei make a good range of sports bra in a range of sizes. It's really worth the effort to get fitted for the right bra, those ladies usually know their stuff!