Females only - lifting/weight training results?

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    jenxbowers wrote: »
    Kittyfeliz wrote: »
    For ladies doing 5x5, Mehdi also suggests a fractional weight set so when you're doing OH Press and Chest Presses down the road you can add a pound or fraction of a pound since we don't have the same upper body strength as the guys. I got a set but so far if I fail I just do the same weight the next week and I've generally been able to finish it that week.

This. I have gotten SO MUCH use out of my fractional plates.

I was thinking of buying 1.25lb ones, or maybe lower?

Also bumping in hopes of seeing more inspiring photos!

Might as well buy a whole set. They're like 30-50 bucks depending.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Some serious inspiration here.
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    @bbell1985 thanks babe. You should post an update on here too.
  • breannemarie1993
    breannemarie1993 Posts: 161 Member
    ladies add me :) looking for female friends on this app too!!
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    Thanks everyone! I'm starting SL 5x5 ....again .....and this is great inspiration. Did 3 months of it last spring and LOVED it, but life got in the way - looking forward to a fresh starts
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    You are all inspiring <3 I am 8 lbs from goal & just beginning a lifting program.
    Strength=Beauty
  • jaymiewo
    jaymiewo Posts: 1 Member
    Bump
  • Taliafinch
    Taliafinch Posts: 60 Member
    Hi I have seen lots of mention of strong lifts, 5x5 and strong curves. None of Chalean extreme. is there something wrong with her workout? I have to workout at home and have power block dumb bell 3-24kg.Is there something better I could be doing?
    Your transformation photos are all incredible and so motivating.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Taliafinch wrote: »
    Hi I have seen lots of mention of strong lifts, 5x5 and strong curves. None of Chalean extreme. is there something wrong with her workout? I have to workout at home and have power block dumb bell 3-24kg.Is there something better I could be doing?
    Your transformation photos are all incredible and so motivating.

If it incorporates progressive overload, hits all muscles groups and with enough frequency each week it could be fine. What is the program?
  • HoldTheDoor13
    HoldTheDoor13 Posts: 172 Member
    This isn't much, but my results from a couple of months of focusing on body decomposition

:#:o

(You look freaking amazing!)

Thank you! So do you!