Can't find food to fit macros

Hi, here are my macros. But I can't find food combo that gets me to 14c, 55p, 92f.
Carb + protein grams x 4 calories
Fat grams x 9 calories
Calorie goal 1104. 5/20/75
When I put in food to match those numbers I get totally calories of 300-600.
What am I doing wrong? I seem to fill up the carb-prot-fat grams so fast but calories are very low.
Thanks for any help.

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,359 Member
    Could you open up your food diary, we can take a look and see what's going on.
  • mssparkie
    mssparkie Posts: 7 Member
    I'm nerdy and life in accounting so love balancing numbers. LOL
    I figured it out.
    I reach protein fast so need fat/carb foods like fried zucchini. Have to find foods after I max out on protein that has fat and carbs but no protein.
    I know I don't have to be so precise but I have the time and I want to.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 978 Member
    The most important thing is to ensure you are eating a minimum of 1200 calories. Your goal of 1104 is too low.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    Treat the protein goal as a minimum. Treat the fat goal as a minimum. Use carbs to balance.

Arithmetic is fun, but nutrition is more important than arithmetic, for health.

I understand you're 67 (looked at your profile), but unless you're of quite petite stature, 1104 is quite low, and can make it difficult to get complete nutrition. Nutrition is very important at our age (I'm 61), as is avoiding the unnecessary loss of muscle mass that can occur at low calories, especially at low protein. (Personally, I went for a minimum of 0.6-0.8g protein daily per pound of goal weight while losing - we need more when aging or in a deficit or exercising. JMO, though.)
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    92g of fat...you may try searching some keto recipe websites...but yeah good luck with that
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Search Pinterest for Fat Bombs.....They'll get you to your day goal.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Check the entries you're picking from the database. Your macros add up to your calorie goal so the foods you're picking from the database must have the wrong macros or calories information.

Also sometimes things get a little funny if you're consuming stuff that has artificial sweeteners which may technically count as carbs but not as calories.