WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2017

Replies

• SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    I hadn't realized that there were so many Leslie Sansone admirers out there. I think I'm in good company :)

Marni: I like the thought of turning off the music and using my own. The first tune that comes to mind is "I will walk 500 miles" by The Proclaimers :)

Kelly: Love the pic of your daughter she is gorgeous!

Here's the thought for the day that I will be reflecting and acting upon. "Let today be the day … You free yourself from fruitless worry, seize the day and take effective action on things you can change."- Steve Maraboli

Carey - Northern Alberta
    "The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Sick as a dog. Not how I need to lose weight. Snowed again. Going back to bed.
    Stay well
  • AKcanookie
    AKcanookie Posts: 230 Member
    SSC1958 wrote: »
    Marni: I like the thought of turning off the music and using my own. The first tune that comes to mind is "I will walk 500 miles" by The Proclaimers :)

Here's the thought for the day that I will be reflecting and acting upon. "Let today be the day … You free yourself from fruitless worry, seize the day and take effective action on things you can change."- Steve Maraboli

Carey - gotta like those geeky looking twins - great tune! excellent thought for the day too!

Well it's Moose-Counting day here. Residents call in to wildlife officials office any moose seen today and they go out and tag them to compile into on how many resident moose we have in and around town this winter.

Time to head out to Costco for a fruit and veg run.

Anyone going to be watching the Oscar's? these 3 will be :-) LOL
    vp56bfk2mdwj.jpg

My word for 2017 is “Mindfulness”
    .. age 52
    -34 lbs lost
    68.5 to go!
    1200 cal/day avg.

pN7OV0H.jpgpN7Om9.png

8810746.png

Marni in Alaska
    6xmcf80qkhdu.gif

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Mia ~ Congrats on the weight!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,126 Member
    Had a really bad sore throat yesterday. Today I am sneezing. :s

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    DJ - Designed it myself. It fits wall to wall.

I chose 2 chrome baskets, keeping mittens in one and hats and scarves in the other. My thinking on deciding on open baskets vs. drawers was those items were likely to become damp and if they were tossed in a drawer they might become mildewy because there would be no air circulation in a drawer. At least in a basket there was better air circulation.

The parts I need in order to finish the last section are due to arrive tomorrow. Once I have it done I will post a final photo of all 3 sections. BTW - I've already moved the coats and other things back into the finished portion of the closet and I love I can see everything and there is still tons of empty space!

Charleen in Colorado (Busy week ahead)
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,722 Member
    Allie ... that's not an equitable distribution of expenses. Think of it like that show the "biggest loser." They use percentages to determine who has lost the most weight. You should do the same with your wages. It does not matter who has the larger income ... it's about the percentage you're each paying. He should not be using (for example) 50% of his income to pay bills and you using 75% of your income. Does this make sense? Please consider taking all of this to a mediator or counselor.
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Good Sunday afternoon. Just chilling this afternoon.
    Lenora -we live in a gated community that was developed in what was the second largest pecan operation in the US. Across the street from us is all orchard. The workers have hugh machines that they use to "trim" the trees eAch Year. We consider picking up our pecans our cottag industry. We usually get from 500 to 2000 lbs a year. This year was different because of all the rain we had in April. So we're are doing clean up of all the bad pecans.
    Heather -hope you feel better soon.
    I learned to knit when I lived in England. My next door neighbor was so kind in teaching me.
    KarenNY - did you ride the camel? I did in Egypt and was surprised at how tall they were.
    Think a nap is coming on.
    SueBDew in TX
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,722 Member
    Cleaning Bingo ... fantastic idea!
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Allie, I worry that no property will be in your name and your credit will be limited if he is making the big loan payments. Although I do agree with both of you having separate accounts. I can't imagine what your stress level and B/P must be.

Can I ask what a knitted jumper for a man looks like?

Well I made it in the choir this morning. The special was one of those songs that is really 'special'. I know I would have really loved sitting in the congregation listening to it but I am a member of the choir and love every moment of it and I wanted to be singing it and not just with my practice CD in my car. The choir rarely gets a standing ovation but we did this morning. The way our Sunday service goes, we sing our choir special and then remain standing for the next hymn. Well that hymn was a long one. I was quivering in exhaustion while we left the choir loft to be seated in the congregation. I didn't stand for the last hymn. I could probably tried it but I knew there were several people who I needed to talk to after church and I needed to save my back. So I will see what the physical therapist tomorrow.

Joyce, cold but sunny Indiana. We have also gone from 70's to low 30's in 2 days.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,435 Member
    //
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    What are shirataki noodles?
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Janetr Well Cheerios makes a honey but cereal with bits of oats in it. Got it at the food bank, definitely not something I would buy for myself! There is added protein in it a guess... I think I might just eat it in 1 cup portions for a snack, not just for breakfast. Then I can pick out the clusters of oats! Hugs friend!
    Becca
    The picky eater in
    Oregon
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited February 2017
    miakoda40 wrote: »
    Yippeeee!!!! Just weighed in after a 2 week cruise with eating what I wanted when I wanted. I weigh the same as when I left. I consider that a win.

Mia in MI

For SURE a win!!! Good for you!!

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Becca, thanks I LOVE Honey Nut Cheerios and I could eat the whole box in a few days as snacks if I started. I haven't had cereal in ages though, too many carbs and I have to keep my carbs really low. Not easy when I love sweets.

Love you back, <3<3<3

Janetr OKC