Meal prep recipes ?

KimmieYpon
KimmieYpon Posts: 16 Member
Anyone want to share any of their meal prep recipes ? I would love to try some different recipes. I usually go for food that are simple and easy to make since I'm not a big cook but trying to expand more.

Also let's be MFP buddies, would love to see your progress and motivate eachother ❤

Replies

• KimmieYpon
    Thank you for sharing, appreciate it ❤
  • mybigfat
    mybigfat Posts: 162 Member
    Found a simple one for chicken you put it in the crock pot toss in your seasoning add water and its 8-9 hrs on low or 4-5 on high :)
  • Saiosyn
    Saiosyn Posts: 41 Member
    edited February 2017
    This is a throw together recipe, for when I need something healthy, but don't have much time to make a meal.

This makes 3 servings.

1lb of ground turkey (the leanest you can find)
    2-3 Red tomatoes (chopped)
    3-5 baby green onion (finely diced)
    1 can of sodium free tomato soup
    Light salt, pepper, onion, garlic, and chilli powder (all to taste)

Cook ground turkey thoroughly.
    Add in can of tomato soup
    Add in Tomatoes and Onions
    Spice to taste
    Simmer till a small boil

You can also play with the ingredients. Some people add corn.

Another one I do is baked chicken and add 2 veggies as sides.

Line a baking sheet or dish with aluminium foil.
    Sprinkle any low sodium seasonings you like on chicken. (I use Mrs. dash south-west chipotle.)
    Bake at 450 for 25-30 mins or till the centre of chicken is no longer pink.

After cooking, I cut up the chicken and measure out 6oz worth. And add 2 veggies as sides. Normally broccoli and green beans. And if I'm feeling fancy, I make some salsa to add to the chicken.

Then, if you're alright with doing an egg dish as a meal prep. I make a breakfast scramble. Just two servings at a time for me, but hey...that's two breakfasts.

4 eggs
    2Tbsp skim milk max
    light salt and pepper to taste
    1/2-1c diced green bell pepper
    1/2-1c diced tomato
    1/2c shredded cheese.

Mix milk, eggs, and light salt, and pepper together and scramble to cooked thoroughly.
    Add bell pepper and tomato and cover stirring occasionally. for about 3-5 mins, depending how cooked you like your veggies.
    Stir in cheese and serve.

I have quite a bit more meal prep ideas.

Like turkey burgers. 1lb of ground turkey makes 3 servings of burgers. Just mix in whatever seasonings you like, cook them till done, and then heat up a pattie whenever you feel like nomming on one. Then I add light mayo and wrap it in lettuce. Sometimes I add low-fat cheese.

If you need more, or just run out of ideas. Or even have an ingredient you want to use to meal prep with, feel free to msg me. I'm sure I have something in my notebook for you ^.^
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Very simple stuff: breaded chicken breast; seared beef portions, a week's worth of either, wrapped up and frozen. Take out one and let thaw overnight.

Simple popovers, also frozen. Nice for splitting open and stuffing. I'm also now in the habit of baking my own bread.

In the morning, I can microwave a frozen veggie package, combine a portion with my thawed, cooked and flavored up meat, and I'm ready to go.
  • KimmieYpon
    Thank you (:
  • faithbabe21
    faithbabe21 Posts: 33 Member
    cheese and cherry tomato sticks! Yummy and easy to make....I use two ounces of block cheese and cherry tomatos...you can put them on a stick but you don't have to...quick easy stays good for a few days!
  • Ariliz23
    Ariliz23 Posts: 13 Member
    Soups are my thing. Pea soup is easiest. Rinse a cup of split peas, add 4 cups of water and 1 - 2 tablespoons of chicken bullion and bring to a boil. Then reduce to simmer. Stir it every 15 minutes or so - simmer for about 90 minutes. Yum. Another soup is a beef barley. I cook the barley separately - just follow the directions on the box. In another pot, combine 1 - 2 Tablespoons of beef bullion and 6 cups of water. Add carrots, celery, mushrooms, kale, spinach - whatever non-starchy veggies you like. Cube up 1 lb. of beef (skirt steak is good) and cook in a pan sprayed lightly with olive oil. Add the beef and the cooked barley to the veggies and bullion. Simmer for 30 minutes and stir from time to time.

I also like salads. I finely chop up cabbage, slice up jicama and carrots and mix well. Then I add a dressing like Annie's raspberry vinaigrette or a balsamic vinaigrette. I like the Super 7 salad from Costco but I use a different dressing.

Sometimes I like sandwiches but I try to use just 1 piece of whole wheat bread or I use lettuce as bread. I use avocado instead of mayo. Then I add grape tomatoes and walnuts with balsamic vinegar. I also like to mash avocados, garlic powder and hard boiled eggs together and eat that on toast.

Costco has huge, inexpensive bags of stir fry veggies that are plain - no sauce or anything on it. They also have big bags of fish or chicken. I generally bake the protein in the oven with spices (red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, garlic powder, rosemary, thyme...) and stir fry with a bit of spray olive oil and garlic powder.

Using spices instead of fats works wonders. : )