Brenda's OMAD Journey

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    @Mom2annie I do water fasts every Friday and I get no ill effects at all, just hunger but I chew gum and it helps a lot :)
  • Mom2annie
    Mom2annie Posts: 177 Member
    Does the hunger kick in a couple hours before your usual eating window? Do you strictly drink water or allow yourself tea with it too? What about sleep...does the hunger make it hard to fall asleep? What benefits have you personally experienced? I feel like a reporter asking questions. Lol
  • Brendalea69
    edited February 2017
    The hunger kicks in about 4 hours before my eating window and the gum really helps...I only drink water, I don't like coffee or tea but I know others that drink both...It doesn't bother my sleep at all...The benefit is a nice drop on the scale before weigh in day :)
  • Mom2annie
    The hunger kicks in about 4 hours before my eating window and the gum really helps...I only drink water, I don't like coffee or tea but I know others that drink both...It doesn't bother my sleep at all...The benefit is a nice drop on the scale before weigh in day :)

Awesome! Thanks for the info. :)
  • EVP_NZ
    EVP_NZ Posts: 117 Member
    @brendagaudette How long have you been doing the longer fasts? It's something I definitely want to try.
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    @brendagaudette , when you say water fasts on Friday, you mean you eat nothing at all? I'm considering water (and coffee, yes coffee) fasts on Fridays this Lent, and I'm curious how it goes.
  • leveejohn
    edited February 2017
    Whoops I just read your answer to that question in another thread -- no eating from Thursday evening until Saturday noon, most impressive!! Did you ease into that, or just do it? And how does it feel?
  • Brendalea69
    EVP_NZ wrote: »
    @brendagaudette How long have you been doing the longer fasts? It's something I definitely want to try.

I started water fasting in the middle of December :)
  • Brendalea69
    leveejohn wrote: »
    Whoops I just read your answer to that question in another thread -- no eating from Thursday evening until Saturday noon, most impressive!! Did you ease into that, or just do it? And how does it feel?

I just did it and I get hungry but chewing gum helps...Drinking coffee will be ok :)
  • leveejohn
    Going to give Friday fasts a shot starting this week. Getting my gum ready . . . ;)
  • Brendalea69
    edited February 2017
    LOL...You can do this, Good luck :)
  • Buds200
    Buds200 Posts: 36 Member
    I'm down 2 LBs this week, so I guess adding in a few more carbs didn't stall me at all :) So far I've lost 46 LBs in 24 weeks :)
    rrfgxqs08gys.png

46 lbs in 24 weeks is great, congrats
  • Brendalea69
    @Buds200 thanks :)
  • Mom2annie
    @brendagaudette I agree...46 pounds in 24 weeks is very inspiring! Congrats :)
  • Brendalea69
    @Mom2annie thanks :)
  • Brendalea69
    Im thinking of doing something different this week...Im going to still be doing OMAD but I'm going to try eating half my calories every other day...So if I eat 1000 calories one day the next day would be 500 and repeat this till Friday and keep that day my water only day.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Be careful!
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited February 2017
    Research and do be careful.
  • Brendalea69
    edited February 2017
    @blambo61 and @DebSozo I will be careful.

Yesterday I had 2 eggs with cheese on toast and a bowl of popcorn cooked in coconut oil and it was about 550 calories...Wow, this made me realize that I'm already eating this amount of calories in some of my other meals anyway so I guess I'm not really changing my plan :p

Some days the most calories I eat a is 800...Is this even enough??? I'm losing weight so I'm guessing it is but could I be losing more if I ate more calories??? This is so confusing to me!!!