Sober March Challenge #marchingtosobriety

KelseyBergemann
KelseyBergemann Posts: 9 Member
edited February 2017 in Challenges
Anyone down to join?? This is going to be a tough one for me to do (as I'm currently sipping on a delicious glass of vino). This mostly is just for wanting to challenge myself to see if I can do it. I realized that it's probably been since I was a freshman in college (9 years ago) that I haven't gone more than a week without alcohol, and that astounded me! A month without drinking will physically help me shed a few pounds which is a plus, hopefully help me hit the restart button on drinking and reset the way I view it, and just make me feel better in general. I have no intention of quitting alcohol forever just hoping to find a healthier outlook on it. My husband, my mother, my best friend, and another friend are joining in on the challenge so that alone will be a huge help! Looking forward to see who else is up for the challenge!

-Also our group has allowed for one "hall pass" 24 hour period to drink if there is some occasion that permits it. (AKA my husband is Irish and demands that he respects his ancestors and consumes large amounts of Jameson whiskey and Guinness on St. Patty's day!) I'm hoping I won't even use that, we will see!

Replies

• shred2015
    shred2015 Posts: 17 Member
    Lets do it! I'm in
  • lionessNV
    lionessNV Posts: 136 Member
    I'm in!! Can I be a lush for the remainder of Feb? lol, jk. :D
  • ddeliciosa
    ddeliciosa Posts: 168 Member
    I'm in! Similarly, I can't remember the last week I went without alcohol. I've been meaning to go dry for awhile but keep putting it off due to events and other holidays.
  • kerry0521
    kerry0521 Posts: 16 Member
    I'm in as well. In the past I have gone Jan to Feb 14 but did not do it this year.
  • catmomfat
    catmomfat Posts: 97 Member
    I'm in. As I get older I realize that beer is putting weight on me. Ugh
  • shoppinglady1972
    shoppinglady1972 Posts: 72 Member
    OK, me too!!
  • jordyngiulio
    jordyngiulio Posts: 157 Member
    I'm in! Good call on St. Patrick's Hallpass though . . . :)
  • KombuchaKat
    KombuchaKat Posts: 134 Member
    I'm in!
  • dblars
    dblars Posts: 3 Member
    I like it! I'm in as well!
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Way to go guys!!! I am happy to see you challenging yourself. I started where you are a few years back. Now I can go months without drinking! Good luck to you all!!!
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    ill be sober every day! its the weekend evenings that give me trouble
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    I actually gave myself this challenge almost 3 months ago. I've had one glass of wine since. It put my drinking into perspective and I've lost weight so much easier.

Good on you all for challenging yourselves in this way. So worth it!
  • TSkarnas
    TSkarnas Posts: 4 Member
    I'm in!!! I've been planning on doing this, but I definitely could use the accountability.
  • Becky_45
    Becky_45 Posts: 59 Member
    edited February 2017
    I am in! I was 22 days without in January, and I was without for 6 months the first part of last year. But couldn't seem to get back at it again this February. I KNOW that I can drop weight fine if I don't drink, it's frustrating how drinking even once a week adds on weight for me.
  • KelseyBergemann
    edited February 2017
    Awesome! Glad to see some of you are willing to give it a go with me! I'm looking forward to this challenge! 3 days left, enjoy a few cocktails-haha!
  • kerry0521
    kerry0521 Posts: 16 Member
    Tomorrow is the day....
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    I hope you all have a fantastic dry March. I would join but I headed to Key West for a week with my mom, sister and daughter. Key West <> Dry March.
  • KelseyBergemann
    Sober march here we come!

• cindyzenaida
    cindyzenaida Posts: 11 Member
    I'm in!!
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Me, too! I plan to be alcohol free through Lent (Easter is April 16). It will be nice to have company through March. This will not be easy for me, which means it is important that I do it. Any words of encouragement will be really helpful for all of us. I'm really interested to see what kind of difference this makes with weight loss--not only calories but more energy to work out, etc.