Leslie Sansone March 2017 Walk Challenge

texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,658 Member
edited March 2017 in Social Groups
March (2017)

WELCOME to all walkers!

It is already March, 2017, and time to start a new monthly challenge! Spring is right around the corner, if not here already for some walkers! So lets make March another extraordinarily awesome month while we continue through 2017. There are still so many possibilities and opportunities for a healthy year, no matter what this year has turned out to be for each of us! Start overs are available each and every day, as well as each month here on the Monthly Challenge.

Are the trees beginning to leaf out or are tiny flowers or bulbs peeking up through the snow for you because March is coming in like a lamb? Then getting outdoors to walk your miles will ensure that we won't miss any spring flowers or the beautiful budding trees as they begin to announce spring is finally here. Or if March is coming in like a lion where you live then having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, to pop in the player continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors. Walking outdoors can still be an important part of fitness walking this month, when possible, for those who enjoy walking some miles or minutes walking outdoors whatever the weather might be outside.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, or on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs. All of these many options count toward our miles and minutes. However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! Post your miles or minutes that you have walked, however you did it... it is all good!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that this challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your personal goal for how many miles or minutes that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you like. It is such an encouragement to read each others' posts.

If you find this challenge in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
So, if you are new to the group please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late to join in

Tie up those walking shoes and get some water, and let's start walking :smile: !

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know . So please share if you would care to :p .
Come on in and let us start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together. I know that I say this each month but I am truly grateful for each one of our precious walkers who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, each month.
I know that we are all excited to see our long time faithful walking friends o:) join us for yet another amazing month together, and we are awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge!

And now... let us lace up those walking shoes and get some water... as we begin to walk into March! Can you believe it :o . It seems like we blinked and winter is almost gone away. So join us as we turn yet another calendar page... and walk our way to a Happy and Healthy March.

Let us continue through 2016 by walking strong and with the determination!

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    My goal for March will be to get my rear back in gear so I will say 70 miles.
    Thanks everybody for your help I got my favorite Leslie dvd in the mail! :)
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 977 Member
    I just broke 80 miles last month so I think I'll push up to 85 miles this month.

March decided to come in like a lion instead of a lamb in my area.
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,434 Member
    Since last month, I did an average of 3.8 miles a day, I think I will stick to 3.5 for this month or 108.5 miles.

Walk Strong Everyone :bigsmile:
  • zichab
    Goal-3.5/day or 108.5/month
    2/1-WAH-5K with a Twist-3.0=3.0 mile total

Might as well start strong! :laugh:

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • eatsleepmove
    eatsleepmove Posts: 19 Member
    Whoah! You guys are amazing! And inspiring!

I'm starting out this month having not worked out in a very long time. My goal for this month is 35 miles.

I just finished doing one mile of the Miracle Miles: 4 Mile Walk. I nearly died.

P.S: AnnofB: Thank you for welcoming me to the group (in last month's thread). I really appreciate it.
  • juniormints74
    juniormints74 Posts: 60 Member
    My goal for March is to walk 24 miles/week.
    Happy walking y'all! :)
  • lorikorell
    lorikorell Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2017
    Im just starting out....IM doing 2 mile 3 days a week and 3 miles 3 days with a Sunday off for the month of March.Im doing Leslies Miracle Miles as it still to cold for outside in Montana..
    Working on getting 60 ounces of water and 1100 calories.

How do you count calories burned doing circle miles ?
  • frustr8tedgal
    frustr8tedgal Posts: 10 Member
    I've been away from WATP for quite some time so I will commit to a modest 3 miles per day in March.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Whoah! You guys are amazing! And inspiring!

I'm starting out this month having not worked out in a very long time. My goal for this month is 35 miles.

I just finished doing one mile of the Miracle Miles: 4 Mile Walk. I nearly died.

P.S: AnnofB: Thank you for welcoming me to the group (in last month's thread). I really appreciate it.

You are welcome. LOL about the 4 Mile Walk. "I nearly died." But, ya didn't! Good work.
  • AnnofB
    My goal for March is to walk 24 miles/week.
    Happy walking y'all! :)

Welcome!
  • AnnofB
    lorikorell wrote: »
    Im just starting out....IM doing 2 mile 3 days a week and 3 miles 3 days with a Sunday off for the month of March.Im doing Leslies Miracle Miles as it still to cold for outside in Montana..
    Working on getting 60 ounces of water and 1100 calories.

How do you count calories burned doing circle miles ?

Hello. Glad you joined the challenge. You are doing great. Regarding calories burned, the best way to do it is using a heart rate monitor or a pedometer. Or you can choose Aerobics General or Aerobics Low Impact. Leslie suggests that her miles be logged on MFP under Aerobics General, but some people feel they are more Low Impact. HTH.
  • AnnofB
    I've been away from WATP for quite some time so I will commit to a modest 3 miles per day in March.

Welcome back to the fold. :)
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited March 2017
    My goal for March
    - 120 miles
    - 10,000 steps 15 days this month
    - Control the eating
    - water, water, Water

Mar 1 - 2.63 miles

I didn't do that great in February, however I was impressed that I got as many steps in while on vacation. Too bad there was so much food!

March is going to be a challenge, I have income tax to do for several people and our company. My volunteer jobs require a little bit of work, which requires a little bit of sitting. I will really have to get my steps and weight training in early in the day. My goal is to lose 10 pounds by the end of the year so that I can partake in the Million Pound Mission at our Canadian TOPS chapters.

Curling ends March 11 and golfing is at least 2 months away!!!!!! Oh goodness :( how will I survive..... Lol
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    I'm in for 60 miles. Unfortunately, I have come to a sad conclusion that I can not do Leslie Walks any longer. I do believe my leg pain is a result of stomping in place during her videos. I have tested this theory 4 times since November and after doing her workouts my legs are burning and I have hip pain too. I have tried doing her beginner ones and have the same problem. I am going to take a break from her walks and see what happens. I started Mall walking this morning and managed 4 miles. Between golf, the outdoors and the mall I hope to eventually get my groove back.
    4/60
  • eatsleepmove
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    I'm in for 60 miles. Unfortunately, I have come to a sad conclusion that I can not do Leslie Walks any longer. I do believe my leg pain is a result of stomping in place during her videos. I have tested this theory 4 times since November and after doing her workouts my legs are burning and I have hip pain too. I have tried doing her beginner ones and have the same problem. I am going to take a break from her walks and see what happens. I started Mall walking this morning and managed 4 miles. Between golf, the outdoors and the mall I hope to eventually get my groove back.
    4/60

Yikes! Sorry to read about the pain you've experienced. Even though the LS workouts are convenient, it sounds like you've come up with an excellent Plan B. Nothing beats outdoor walking. And mall walking with, say, a good audio book, can be even better than an LS workout.
  • eatsleepmove
    edited March 2017
    Just finished one mile of Punch Up Your Walk.

Never in a million years would I thought I'd ever think of LS workouts as being too advanced, but when I was looking through her app to find today's workout, I found myself thinking that very thing. I've been subscribed to the app for over a year. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the workouts they are choosing, and the customized workouts they are putting together don't seem very beginner friendly. It used to be that way.

For now, I'm leaving the app and have dug out my old 1-Mile DVDs. I have many, thankfully. Tomorrow, I'm looking forward to doing a sentimental oldie--WATP: Get Up and Get Started (with the blue weighted balls).

I want to do a one-mile workout every day this week. I'm hoping, by the 7th, I'm up for the challenge of doing Walk and Kick. That is my favorite LS workout of all time.

Hope everyone is doing awesome!
  • evanjacobmom
    evanjacobmom Posts: 6 Member
    I'm going to join this month with a goal of 5km a day for March.
    Good luck everyone!
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 977 Member
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    4/60

Do you have a place that you could do some water walking? I've heard that it is a great way to rehab knees.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    My goal for March
    - 120 miles
    - 10,000 steps 15 days this month
    - Control the eating
    - water, water, Water

Mar 1 - 2.63 miles
    Mar 2 - 3.83 miles
  • zichab
    Goal-3.5/day or 108.5/month
    2/1-WAH-5K with a Twist-3.0=3.0 mile total
    2/1-Vivofit tracked-2.6 miles=5.6 miles total
    2/2-Vivofit tracked 3.8 miles=9.4 miles total

Lilymay2 wrote: »
    I didn't do that great in February, however I was impressed that I got as many steps in while on vacation. Too bad there was so much food!
    :laugh: Food is what we do here in the US Lilymay and it is usually BIG! That is why there are so many Americans here! We love our food!!! :drinker: I am glad you had a good time though!

Oh no Pinky! I cannot do the "jogging in place" stuff that she does or I get horrible leg cramps. I have to run around my house for those segments to avoid the cramps. I am sure you are right about the cause of your distress and it is smart to back off from anything that seems to be causing a repetitive stress issue.

Never in a million years would I thought I'd ever think of LS workouts as being too advanced, but when I was looking through her app to find today's workout, I found myself thinking that very thing. I've been subscribed to the app for over a year. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the workouts they are choosing, and the customized workouts they are putting together don't seem very beginner friendly. It used to be that way.
    I do not do the app workouts, but I am in total agreement with you about Leslie's later videos. I began to notice a switch around the time she came out with the Party Songs and Radio Remixes videos as they were definitely geared to much younger, and fitter people. Instead of "going her way," I bought a whole bunch of her earlier DVDs that I use in my rotation. I do some of the others when I am feeling "fit and trim," but they sit on the shelf a lot as well :laugh: I suspect from a marketing perspective, she has had to broaden her appeal beyond the beginner level. :disappointed: Sad for those of us who like those workouts on days when we are not feeling spry.

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile: