TDEE Acronym means?

Silentpadna
Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
I was going to post this question, but it was simple enough to look up. That said, I saw this acronym in hundreds of posts as I dive into these forums, but nobody ever defined it. Is there a place around here that lists acronyms commonly used and what their meanings are?

Might be helpful....although it was easy to lookup outside of here....Great site everyone. I'm learning a lot.

Replies

• Silentpadna
    As a followup, what are the most reliable apps/sites/calculators to calculate this? Thanks!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    total daily energy expenditure

I use mytdee.com - but they are all best estimates based on information that you put that - they dont' account for specific unique bodies - but you can try as a base, give it a couple of weeks and then adjust fire accordingly
  • kleinFF
    kleinFF Posts: 1 Member
    TDEE stands for Total Daily Energy Expenditure.

Your Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) is an estimation of how many calories you burn per day when exercise is taken into account. It is calculated by first figuring out your Basal Metabolic Rate, then multiplying that value by an activity multiplier.

http://www.iifym.com/iifym-calculator/ Is the one that has worked best for me.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1069278/acronyms-and-terms-for-new-mfp-members-v-6/p1

It is in the beginner threads. They really are worth the time to read them.
  • Silentpadna
    Thanks guys. I am a forum hound when I get into something like this. I appreciate the feedback.

(BTW I'm down 11 lbs since I started, but I didn't weigh myself when I started dieting...I last weighed myself just before Christmas and was at 239, my heaviest ever; I'm now at 228, but only 3 weeks into counting and logging everything - and drastically cutting back sugar and junk food...oh and exercising too. I'll find out how much is attributable to that versus perhaps some weight loss coming in when I hit the scale again next week).