TEAM FOUR

Replies

• lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    @SmashleyM914 I think what you said is a key point about DH not doing it with you. When you really look at the people that do well on some of the diets they are done as couples. I follow Drew with fit2fat2fit and in his book he talks about how sitting on the couch caused hell in his relationship. I also see he is divorced now. People like Ben Greenfield is another all in guy but it is both him and .... I think he has an other half. Jillian I know for sure they are both all in. My dear husband is half in. We both live pretty dang healthy but he is a chip and candy guy. He is for the most part someone that eats once a day. Living a once a day eater is really hard because he has to eat all his calories together. He works from home so during the warmer days he gets outside when he can. He loves yard work. This is hard because I hate yard work and would rather walk or go to the gum.
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    I have looked into some of the diets like whole 30 and now also hearing about Jillian's new app that the food is very complex. I need to make my way to the library and check it out.
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    qnec54e320m9.png
    Any Smashers want to join me on this an adventure in March? I started today! :)

I am starting another version of this today, mine has sit-ups, crunches, plank and leg raises. W/a rest day every 4th day. Good luck with yours. I think we will kill the workouts no matter which one we do !!
    So far so good on the challenges. I will get out for more of the frostbite challenges today for the minutes and the 40min video i think i will do Friday or Saturday.

My week is a little busy so gotta find time to get it all in.

Hope you all have a great day !!
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Team 2 is bringin it this week! We're still hanging out in 3rd - I'm still not too worried, though. We've got this!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    WEEK SIX: THE LAST GREAT RACE!
    DESTINATION: ANCHORAGE, ALASKA - MILEAGE: 4997

AWARD YOURSELF MINUTES FOR STAYING ACTIVE WHILE WATCHING THE YOUTUBE VIDEOS!

VIDEO 1 - "IDITAROD TRILER" - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE!!
    VIDEO 2 - “HOW THE DIPHTHERIA OUTBREAK SPAWNED THE IDATAROD” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE!!
    VIDEO 3 - “HOLD TIGHT SLED DOG RIDE” - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE!!
    VIDEO 4 - “ALASKA TIMELAPSE FILM” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE!!
    VIDEO 5 - “ALASKA’S EPIC NORTHERN LIGHTS” - 3 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE!!
    VIDEO 6 - “BRILLIANT TIME LAPSE” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE!!

CHALLENGE #1: “FROSTBITE FOOTRACE OR IDITAROD?” (10 POINTS)

I AM DOING 3. THE 10.49 MILE IDITAROD: THIS MAY BE COMPLETED INDOORS (ON A TREADMILL OR ELLIPTICAL)

TOTAL 9.3 MILES / 10.49 MILES

MONDAY - TREADMILL + ELLIPTICAL 3.10 MILES (5K)
    TUESDAY - TREADMILL + ELLIPTICAL 3.10 MILES (5K)
    WEDNESDAY - TREADMILL + ELLIPTICAL 3.10 MILES (5K)

CHALLENGE #2: “BE ABLE TO PUSH YOUR SLED!” (10 POINTS) DONE!!

I CHOSE OPTION 2 - WORKOUT AT THE GYM USING WRITTEN FORMAT

1 WORKOUT / 1 WORKOUT DONE!

CHALLENGE #3: “LIGHTEN YOUR LOAD!” (5 POINTS)

I AM LEAVING CHOCOLATE AND SODA BEHIND!

3/5 DAYS DONE

MON - DAY 1 DONE
    TUE - DAY 2 DONE
    WED - DAY 3 DONE
    THU -
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -

475 / 700 MINUTES DONE

MON - 157 MINUTES
    TUE - 157 MINUTES + 17 MIN for VIDEOS = 174
    WED - 144 MINUTES
    THU -
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    @mari_moulin killin the mile game this week love!!
  • mari_moulin
    @SmashleyM914 - Really trying my hardest this week. Gonna max out and get all my challenges done! Not letting my team down this week!
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    ATTENTION ALL PLAYERS:

IF YOU DO NOT SEE YOUR NUMBERS GETTING VERIFIED (BUT YOU SEE OTHERS THAT ARE), YOU ARE PROBABLY NOT FOLLOWING THE EXAMPLES, AS SHOWN IN THE CHALLENGE LISTING.

***PLEASE DO NOT POST THE EXAMPLES ON THE TEAM SITES***
  • mari_moulin
    Man I want some chocolate so bad right now!!!
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited March 2017
    Challenge #1
    I chose the iditarod dare
    I walked 2.5km with my dog Casey so that we could enjoy the outdoors while it wasn't raining & cold.
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited March 2017
    Hi all! I am not sleeping this week & feel like crap. Last night it thundered all night so my dog was crazy. Hopefully tonight we will all get a good night sleep in my house so that I feel better & exercise can resume. I am not pushing anything this week to avoid injury.

We are busy packing, doing as much of the renos as possible before we leave on.Monday. I am looking forward to going but i am a little anxious too. We have never been away or closed our business for more than a week. I am 100% sure it will be fine. The weather looks like it will cooperate and get cold, so as long as it isn't summer weather it will be fine.
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    @mari_moulin I completely understand. I have been wanting some sort of baked good all day! I've managed to not have any, but it's rough.
  • ddeliciosa
    ddeliciosa Posts: 168 Member
    Phew, lots of posts to catch up on! Sorry I've been a little MIA this week guys - just so much going on. I haven't even been keeping up on logging my foods! Ugh. It's been a little rainy/windy in VA, but tomorrow and this weekend should be sunny so I'll knock out challenge #1 then. So far day 3/5 no alcohol. Not much of a weekday drinker - but today my dad offered me a glass of wine with dinner and I was like "sur-uhhh no."
  • ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    Hi Smashers!! Sorry I've been MIA still!! Good news Mardi Gras is over. But this is a tough week. I'll get my mi uses in just not sure how much logging on here I'll get!!

For Challenge 3 just so you guys know I chose to give up jelly beans and carbonated flavored waters. I realize since I only drink water that these carbonated ones have me really bloated! I guess it doesn't help that it's that time either!! And I really struggled with the jelly beans today! I went to my parents and my mom had this huge bowl of jelly beans and she's all what's wrong with you, you love jelly beans?! Ughhh #TheStruggleIsReal

Challenge #1

I chose the Iditarod 10.49 Miles (although I'll probably get all 3 completed outside of course! )

I did a 6 mile run yesterday morning outside. And then walked about 8.25 miles in total yesterday during Mardi Gras. All done outside and the weather was great. Plus extra points for my team!
  • MonicaA2013
    I just added my minutes to the spreadsheet . Sorry i have been MIA today and yesterday.

Been a bit crazy here since Saturday. We had a water line break in the yard so its been a hassle getting things done that are normally simple.

DH had to go for his checkup and found he still needs to work on his BP. He had busted 4 ribs around Christmas and has healed but still has little aches and pains from all the muscle and tendon damage. Cutting sodium is a BIGGIE for him ATM, the Best part of his doc visit ... he is now on MFP !! BUT he wont be adding any friends other than myself. (It's just not his thing.)

I am a day behind on my abs routine already and i was only supposed to start today :s BUT i will just start tomorrow. Its a 30 day thing and that will make it done the last day of the month so no biggie. Along with that i will do the 40 minute video. Then all I have to do is keep the goodies out of my face for the rest of the week.
  • MonicaA2013
    WEEK SIX: THE LAST GREAT RACE!
    DESTINATION: ANCHORAGE, ALASKA - MILEAGE: 4997

AWARD YOURSELF MINUTES FOR STAYING ACTIVE WHILE WATCHING THE YOUTUBE VIDEOS!

VIDEO 1 - "IDITAROD TRILER" - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE
    VIDEO 2 - “HOW THE DIPHTHERIA OUTBREAK SPAWNED THE IDATAROD” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE
    VIDEO 3 - “HOLD TIGHT SLED DOG RIDE” - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE
    VIDEO 4 - “ALASKA TIMELAPSE FILM” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE
    VIDEO 5 - “ALASKA’S EPIC NORTHERN LIGHTS” - 3 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE
    VIDEO 6 - “BRILLIANT TIME LAPSE” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE

CHALLENGE #1: “FROSTBITE FOOTRACE OR IDITAROD?” (10 POINTS)

TO EARN YOUR 10 POINTS FOR CHALLENGE ONE COMPLETE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:

1. THE 2.5K FROSTBITE FOOTRACE: THIS MUST BE COMPLETED OUTDOORS (RUNNING, WALKING, SNOWSHOES, SKIS)
    OR IN A POOL!

2. THE 5K FROSTBITE FOOTRACE: THIS MUST BE COMPLETED OUTDOORS! DONE

3. THE 10.49 MILE IDITAROD: THIS MAY BE COMPLETED INDOORS (ON A TREADMILL OR ELLIPTICAL)

OR TAKE THE DARE AND DO IT ALL OUTDOORS! ALL RACES MAY BE COMPLETED IN SEGMENTS THROUGHOUT THE WEEK... (YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO THE TOTAL DISTANCE ALL AT ONCE)

***UPON COMPLETION OF ONE OF THE THREE RACES ABOVE YOU MUST POST WHICH RACE YOU CHOSE ON YOUR TEAM THREAD*** IN A SEPARATE SENTENCE POST WHAT METHOD YOU USED (RUN / WALK / SKI/SWIM) AND WHY! (BE SURE TO LABEL YOUR POST CHALLENGE #1) THEN, AND ONLY THEN PLACE YOUR 10 POINTS IN THE CORRECT SPREADSHEET BOX AND MISSIONENFORCER WILL VERIFY.

EXAMPLE POST

CHALLENGE #1 - I CHOSE THE IDITAROD DARE.

I HIKED 10.49 MILES WITH MY DOG TARA, SO THAT WE COULD BOTH ENJOY THE OUTDOORS AND EARN EXTRA MINUTES FOR OUR TEAM!

CHALLENGE #2: “BE ABLE TO PUSH YOUR SLED!” (10 POINTS)

TO COMPLETE CHALLENGE #2, CHOOSE EITHER OPTION:

OPTION #1: COMPLETE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING 40 MINUTE FITNESS BLENDERS:

TOTAL BODY BEGINNER WORKOUT OR FAT BLASTING TOTAL BODY STRENGTH TRAINING.

OPTION #2: FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT LIKE VIDEOS!

BOTH OF THE ABOVE VIDEOS INCLUDE A WRITTEN FORMAT WHICH CAN BE PRINTED OUT AND TAKEN TO THE GYM WITH YOU. PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE A WARM-UP AND COOL DOWN AND SPEND AT LEAST 40 MINUTES EXERCISING! YOU DO NOT NEED TO HAVE THIS CHALLENGE VERIFIED BUT PLEASE ASK FOR MODIFICATIONS IF NECESSARY!

0 VIDEO/1 VIDEO DONE! OR 0 WORKOUT/1 WORKOUT DONE!

CHALLENGE #3: “LIGHTEN YOUR LOAD!” (5 POINTS)

TO EARN YOUR 5 POINTS FOR THIS CHALLENGE LEAVE ONE OF YOUR FOOD/DRINK RELATED “VICES” BEHIND FOR 5 OUT OF THE 7 SEVEN DAYS! (THEY DO NOT HAVE TO BE CONSECUTIVE) IN OTHER WORDS: “LIGHTEN YOUR LOAD!”

***ON YOUR TEAM THREAD*** POST WHAT VICE YOU “LEFT BEHIND”. ADD A SEPARATE SENTENCE ON HOW THAT WORKED FOR YOU. BE SURE TO LABEL YOUR POST “CHALLENGE #3”. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ENTER THIS “5” UNTIL FRIDAY NIGHT.

EXAMPLE POST:

CHALLENGE #3 - I left chocolate behind for 5 days.

Not eating sugar made me feel better and I lost a pound!

1/5 DAYS NO SWEETS DONE

MON - 0
    TUE - 1
    WED - 0
    THU -
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -

262 / 700 MINUTES DONE

MON - 64
    TUE - 115
    WED - 83
    THU -
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -

• tarpguys
    tarpguys Posts: 140 Member
    I finished challenge 2 today I did option 1 the Fat Blasting total body strength training. It really didn't seem that difficult.

I'm still working on challenge 1. I haven't had enough time during the daylight hours to get but just a little over a mile. I did get 3.5 miles on the stair stepper so far. I figure I'm probably going for the 10.49 miles.