Mom2Annie's Progress Thread

Replies

• 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Mom2annie wrote: »
    Today was great. I'm back on track and while I was a bit hungrier this morning than usual, I wasn't hungry at my normal meal time. I ate anyway but was surprised by the lack of hunger.

My big news is that I cancelled my next weight loss surgery appointment and told them I changed my mind and no longer want to pursue weight loss surgery at this time. It felt really good. A relief even. And you all played a part in my decision. Thanks for being such a kind and supportive group!

I'm so happy for you!
    Esp after hearing all the possible complications mentioned in this group, I'm really glad you're not going through with it.

OMAD is a much better way to lose weight: healthier, no risk of complications, a way of life so you'll be able to keep at your lower weight when you manage to lose weight, less expensive (I'm saving so much money on meals) and you're not limited on what to eat, just when to eat

if you ever start feeling down and unmotivated, please let us know and we'll help you stay on track :)

• EVP_NZ
    EVP_NZ Posts: 117 Member
    Good for you! You can do this. Heck, you are doing it right now in the real world. We've got your back.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Today was great. I'm back on track and while I was a bit hungrier this morning than usual, I wasn't hungry at my normal meal time. I ate anyway but was surprised by the lack of hunger.

My big news is that I cancelled my next weight loss surgery appointment and told them I changed my mind and no longer want to pursue weight loss surgery at this time. It felt really good. A relief even. And you all played a part in my decision. Thanks for being such a kind and supportive group!

Awesome decision :)
  • Mom2annie
    Mom2annie Posts: 177 Member
    Thank you @1MADGIRL , @EVP_NZ , and @brendagaudette ! :)
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Wow, I'm wearing a big ol' smile over here . . . . great decision, especially the part that you feel good and relieved! That's tells you something.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I think that was a good decision. Keep working at this. When you get there, you will be glad you didn't do that surgery. Some cases it might be necessary, but if not necessary, I think should be avoided!
  • leveejohn
    good link, thanks!
  • Mom2annie
    Struggling this week. Went to renew my driver's license yesterday and was excited to finally get to retake the horrible ID photo I've been carrying around for the last 10 years. Got all dolled up and was feeling great (smaller, lighter, healthier), finally it was time to take the ID photo and I smiled big, ignoring the 100ish strangers crowded around me. Then I got my card. My double chin was more pronounced than in the old pic where I was 30lbs heavier. It completely ruined my day. I know it sounds petty, but it made me feel like I'm not progressing like I thought. Like maybe I'm overstating my progress in my own mind... and seeing my reflection in the mirror in a warped way. I'm tired and rambling so this may not make any sense. I need to shake it off but it's easier said than done. Tomorrow is a new day...
  • blambo61
    Struggling this week. Went to renew my driver's license yesterday and was excited to finally get to retake the horrible ID photo I've been carrying around for the last 10 years. Got all dolled up and was feeling great (smaller, lighter, healthier), finally it was time to take the ID photo and I smiled big, ignoring the 100ish strangers crowded around me. Then I got my card. My double chin was more pronounced than in the old pic where I was 30lbs heavier. It completely ruined my day. I know it sounds petty, but it made me feel like I'm not progressing like I thought. Like maybe I'm overstating my progress in my own mind... and seeing my reflection in the mirror in a warped way. I'm tired and rambling so this may not make any sense. I need to shake it off but it's easier said than done. Tomorrow is a new day...

Pics are funny and can be effected by a lot. I've looked like someone from the 10-most wanted list in some of my pics so don't let it bother you! 30-lbs off is a REAL accomplishment!
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    @Mom2annie, I completely understand. I still remember a particular day years ago, when I had gone shopping. I was feeling content and optimistic, wearing a favorite outfit, striding confidently toward a store in the mall...when suddenly I caught sight of my reflection in a big expansive store window. And the reflection wasn't the same as the one my content, confident self thought I was projecting. The effect on me was immediate. I left the mall and slunk home. But -- even though I can and obviously do understand, I know that @blambo61 is right: photos, like mirrors and reflections in the mall window, are iffy things. They capture a second in time, a particular angle, and bad lighting! Know that you ARE progressing, and very shortly when you have to show that drivers license, the TSA rep or whatever other stranger is peering at it will question if it's really you.
  • Mom2annie
    @blambo61 There should be a funny button--10 most wanted list LOL

@Nevadaden Thanks so much. I appreciate your thoughtful words. I was thinking I'd "lose" my license one day and "need" a replacement, but the TSA bit sounds more rewarding. :)
  • Brendalea69
    I'm sure you look fine, we are always the hardest on ourselves...I need to get my license renewed this year too, I will ask for a retake if I don't like it :p
  • leveejohn
    Sorry the pic didn't turn out, you are not only doing great, you are inspiring and informing others!

That being said, everyone is allowed a moment now and then, it's okay.
  • chrissyworksit
    chrissyworksit Posts: 14 Member
    Mom2Annie I am so sorry your picture didn't turn out the way you expected it. I wonder if your DMV will let you retake your picture for a fee? I know my local one will let you if you pay $15 or something like that.
    On another note, congrats on losing 30lbs so far. That is amazing and you are doing incredible. Keep your head up.
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    Think of how much better the next one will be!
  • Mom2annie
    @chrissyworksit and @Vanguard1 Thanks for the encouragement. I hate that I allowed myself to be so self-absorbed and self-pitying for a few days. I've let it go. No more of that nonsense. :)

As far as OMAD progress goes, I seem to still be trucking along nicely.

I ate very little last night because my daughter informed me mid-meal that her ear, that was hurting the day before, was really hurting then. Her pediatrician's office was open for walk-ins only 30 more minutes so we dropped everything, hurried to the office, then waited for over an hour. Turned out both of her ears are infected so we did the pharmacy run/wait, rushed home to finish her half-done science project (due today of course), then hurried her into bed so she wouldn't fall asleep during final exams today.

It was after I crashed into bed that I considered reheating my meal and finishing it. I ended up just going to sleep. Hopefully I won't have trouble today because of that. So far so good!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    To be honest I do not know one person to ever say they have taken a good driving licence photo. It's like their cameras are set up to make up purposely look bad. I'd focus more on the photos you take to events, like that wedding you had and looked fantastic. Did you look great in photos when you were invited to weddings when you were 30lbs heavier? You probably did. But do you look better now? Definitely :)

Don't worry abt those photos. Nobody looks good in them. Nobody.
  • Brendalea69
    Hope your daughter's feeling better soon o:)
  • blambo61
    You know what is really bad, hotel room mirrors! I used to really hate it when I had to travel and would catch a glimpse of myself in a hotel mirror. I swear I looked 50-lbs heavier than I was when looking in them (and that was about 40-lbs ago). You all notice that?