Please help me....In desperate need of expert advice

14567810»

Replies

• courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Did you try to use an emoji? You can't use them in the boards it will cut off anything you write after adding one
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 978 Member
    If you followed the advice above and were using more accurate weights / the highest value for items that aren't clear (such as the banana), that may be a factor in you losing weight, even if you've been exercising less. If I find multiple items that 'could' match whatever I'm about to eat, I either hunt out the one that matches what it says on the pack, edit the closest match if it seems the product has changed or use the item showing the highest calories. I'd rather have my calorie intake over-estimated than under.

For logging weight training, be aware that in the Exercise section there are two options and anything you track in the Strength Training bit will not give you any additional calories. If you want to eat some workout calories back, go to the Cardio bit and select 'strength training' as your exercise. Alternatively, just don't log it at all but know you're helping to define muscles.

It may be worth logging your measurements (waist, hips etc) and tracking those too. Seeing measurements change should offset any disappointment if your weight stays the same.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    You sound very stressed and that can affect the scales :/
    If you are accurately logging your calories and know you are staying within your goal you can trust the process because it does work. Yes, there are some weeks when the scale might stall but if we keep on going it does pay off eventually.
  • sunshine12870
    sunshine12870 Posts: 92 Member
    Did you try to use an emoji? You can't use them in the boards it will cut off anything you write after adding one

Thats exactly what I did do!
    At least now I know why lol. Won't be using emoji anymore.

Cheers for letting me know honey
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    No honey....
    exercise if anything has been a lot less due to the dental surgery and extremely painful legs. Just haven't been able to exercise every day like I would normally .
    So for me that result came after more calories and less exercise.

I'm going to try my best tho this month to get back to exercise every single day again, and I'm definitely gonna push myself to step it up a notch.

Instead of just walking every day, which I will continue to do, I've now ordered an indoor exercise bike and instead of sitting on sofa watching my TV I will be cycling whilst watching tv

So if this increase just helped out your non-exercise routine - don't forget to apply the life lesson.

You eat appropriately for your level of activity.
    You do more, you eat more.
    You do less, you eat less.

In a diet to lose weight, you eat a tad less than those levels.

So when you start exercising everyday (that can be a stress on the body if inadequate recovery) guess where the eating level goes.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    I'm also starting swimming again been years since I done that.
    And.....today I've just joined a Gym so I can start working out with weights.

I'm in England, UK.
    Yes still cold and horrible here

When did you start swimming? That will burn a ton of calories. Okay, not a ton, but you know what I mean. Certainly enough to make a difference.
  • sunshine12870
    sunshine12870 Posts: 92 Member
    I'm also starting swimming again been years since I done that.
    And.....today I've just joined a Gym so I can start working out with weights.

I'm in England, UK.
    Yes still cold and horrible here

When did you start swimming? That will burn a ton of calories. Okay, not a ton, but you know what I mean. Certainly enough to make a difference.

Not started swimming yet, I'm starting this month