TEAM FIVE

Replies

• b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,930 Member
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    @b3achy - that paddleboarder with the shorts on the ice floe had me chuckling. We see people around here in Oregon all the time with shorts and flip-flops when it's freezing outside! They actually have a name for it "year-round shorts guy". It's always the guys and never the girls for some reason.

Too funny...that guy is apparently from Oregon!! :)
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    The Ceremonial Start of the Iditarod has begun in Anchorage!
    Just follow this link:
    http://iditarod.com/

:)
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Joining so late I wasn't able to do challenge 2 or 3 but I hope my miles and challenge 1 helped the team.
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 917 Member
    CHALLENGE #1
    I CHOSE THE IDITAROD DARE.
    I ran 10.49 MILES. I did it in the segments, 5km Thursday, 5.5km Friday and 6.5 today. I choose this one because I didn't run while on holidays, and I wanted to do the longer distance to force myself to get right back into it! And it worked, the first run was hard, but today I felt awesome and ran hard! I think the food challenge this week has also helped with this!!
  • Mrscanmore
    edited March 2017
    I just noticed that a few of our challenge points have been rejected. @getsa , @mvfeathers2, @sue_01 you may have to repost to get your challenge points.

I'm trying to make up as many of my minutes as I can today. Just went for a walk with my daughter :smiley:
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    Challenge #3
    What: I gave up potato chips
    I love love love the smell of a newly opened bag of chips. Once I get started it is so very hard to stop. My husband doesn't buy them because he knows what a weakness I have. So i get my fix at work or at the convenience store when I get gas. This week I actually stood in front of the vending machine with my mouth watering but managed to walk away!
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Challenge #3
    What: I gave up ice cream
    I really enjoy a bowl of ice cream in the evening, my biggest weakness is the Blue Bunny Peanut Butter Party and since the ice cream isn't bad enough, I usually add a tbl spoon of crunchy peanut butter. Just writing this is making my mouth water. I was successful in abstaining from ice cream for 5 days... everyday except Fat Tuesday and I also gave up ice cream for Lent, so this was a good start. I chose this food because recently I have been eating back all my exercise calories and have seen the scale stalled, so hoping to see some loss in the coming weeks.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Mrscanmore wrote: »
    I just noticed that a few of our challenge points have been rejected. @getsa , @mvfeathers2, @sue_01 you may have to repost to get your challenge points.

I'm trying to make up as many of my minutes as I can today. Just went for a walk with my daughter :smiley:

Thanks Karen for catching that... I just sent PM's to them.
  • b3achy
    edited March 2017
    I was so busy with work today ~ I've still got to do my video tomorrow (my back was still hurting this morning - did something to it last night, so I didn't push myself before work to get it knocked out)...I plan to get it done early in the day, so we can get those challenge points logged. Gah, I hate leaving a challenge until the last day.
  • mvfeathers2
    mvfeathers2 Posts: 897 Member
    Second try for challenge #1 post

CHALLENGE #1
    I CHOSE THE IDITAROD DARE.
    I used the bike, elliptical, and treadmill to get in the10.49 miles. I chose this one by my allergies are too bad to be exercising outdoors. Sorry my response is not more inspirational, but it's the truth
  • ldrichmond476
    ldrichmond476 Posts: 157 Member
    So- I surprised myself- I did the 2nd Fitness Blender video tonight for 40 minutes of exercise after my all day training and a 35 minute yoga video. I am motivated and believing the possibility to max out 700 this week. Planning to attend a yoga class tomorrow, finish my iditarod challenge and get a bike ride in - here comes a max week for me! WooHOo!
  • Mrscanmore
    edited March 2017
    I took my girls to their first swimming lesson today and realized that Lane swim overlaps lesson time! So next week I'm going to swim while they have their lessons. I haven't done Lane swimming for a long time! I also noticed there is now Lane swim on Sunday evenings, so I'm going to go tomorrow.

@b3achy I also have the visit to do tomorrow! I'm thinking I'll do the video, go for a walk, and Lane swim. That should get me over 100 minutes.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    edited March 2017
    Challenge #3 - I gave up alcohol. It has gotten easier day by day. However, after all the driving and baby shower set-up, co-hosting the party and clean-up today, I really would have enjoyed a glass of wine. We also had champagne mimosas at the party but I really had no trouble just drinking lemon water.

This was a good start to my Lenten challenge, but I have a long way to go til Easter!
  • karinidowu
    karinidowu Posts: 327 Member
    edited March 2017
    Just a little check-in I tried to complete 2.5 k mile outside but weather was lots of rain today. I got 1.6 miles in before it started to rain pretty heavily. So tomorrow morning I am hoping to finish up the mile and hopefully finish challenge #2 up. I joined the group on Thursday so I am just starting it feels like with the Amazing race.
  • milesaway61
    milesaway61 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Challenge #1
    I chose option #2, the 5K footrace.
    I walked the 5 miles (it worked out to more than 5K) outdoors, because it was a beautiful evening. The weather was nice and the roads were clear of ice. I hadn't been outside for too many walks in a while because the roads had been covered in ice.
  • milesaway61
    milesaway61 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Challenge #3

I left behind my beloved chocolate bars (White Twix!) and my favourite pastries (called bulochki here). I used to eat them almost every day.
    I did not notice a difference on the scale, though I felt more energetic as I replaced my unhealthy, high-calorie snacks, with more filling and nutritious fruits and veggies. My jeans feel a bit looser, but the scale has gone up. I think this may be due to some medicine that is causing me to retain water.
  • jen_b860813
    jen_b860813 Posts: 303 Member
    Challenge #1:

I chose to do the 5K outside.

It was FINALLY warm enough yesterday in ND to get outside and I wanted to take advantage of it so that is why I chose that one. I did the whole thing walking, I did not want to slip while running since there is still some ice outside. I actually went longer than 5K, but did not hit the 10.49 outside :smile: Spring will be here soon though, then it is on!
  • b3achy
    edited March 2017
    karinidowu wrote: »
    Just a little check-in I tried to complete 2.5 k mile outside but weather was lots of rain today. I got 1.6 miles in before it started to rain pretty heavily. So tomorrow morning I am hoping to finish up the mile and hopefully finish challenge #2 up. I joined the group on Thursday so I am just starting it feels like with the Amazing race.

Um, it's a 2.5 K challenge (so only 1.55 miles). Looks like you did it already! Though I'm not saying you shouldn't go out and get some more miles in for more minutes and your health. Heck, shoot for the 5K challenge as you are over half way there! You just need to post it with the proper format for the challenge points.
    So, the 5K challenge would be 3.1 miles, and if we had a 10K it would be 6.2 miles.
    In this case it was a 1.55 mile (2.5K), 3.1 mile (5K) and a 10.49 mile challenge for the distances (a little confusing with the change in the units of measurement, I know).