Why won't my fit bit sync to my fitness pal?

Hi. I can't seem to get my fit bit to sync to my fitness pal despite the device being arranged? Any suggestions at the moment I'm using my iPhone tracker to track my steps because when I hit the fit bit option it's a zero

Replies

• NealNH
    NealNH Posts: 106 Member
    My Fitbit Charge HR stopped syncing with MFP a good week ago and others have complained about the same problem. Complaints to MFP have been responded to with "we are aware of the problem" but so far I have not seen any evidence of a fix.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Same here. Either not syncing at all or giving miniscule calorie adjustments. Today MFP gave me 19 calories after 45 minutes on a treadmill, 60 minutes of yoga, and 20 of strength training. Fitbit gave me 180 just for the treadmill time.
  • butcher206
    butcher206 Posts: 61 Member
    Things I did to get it working: notes, I'm using the Fitbit Charge 2 on windows 10 with the wireless dongle.

Disconnected the fitbit app from myfitnesspal app on my phone.
    Turned my phone off.
    Logged in myfitnesspal on the browser
    enabled the app again on the browser
    sync'd with the fitbit app on Windows 10
    turned off my computer
    turned on the phone
    logged back into myfitnesspal, saw that "fitbit" was back in the connected apps
    went to "Steps" on the menu in the MFP app, checked the Fitbit Box
    turned the computer back on
    sync'd with the fitbit app on Windows 10 again

suddenly it worked? I don't know why lol. It's completely messed up and I'm not sure on who's end; I think on myfitnesspal's end
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    I'll try all this when I have time and see if it works. A half hour's worth of steps to get something working that should be doing it automatically....
  • Meggers120Now
    Meggers120Now Posts: 74 Member
    I was having issues as well, went through the whole uninstall/re-install bit and still nothing... driving myself crazy trying to figure it out then clicked on the "Steps" menu in desperation and saw that somehow I had turned on the check box beside the "don't track steps" option. :facepalm:
  • mshelyla
    mshelyla Posts: 36 Member
    I put in a ticket a couple weeks ago. MFP got back to me saying it's a known issue and they are working on it. I tried all their tricks for getting it to sync properly as well but it's not working. Fitbit is getting info from MFP, but not vise versa, so I'm entering all my food into MFP and seeing what I can on Fitbit based on what I've burned. It's worked well enough for me so far and I've dropped pounds since doing that.
  • mshelyla
    mshelyla Posts: 36 Member
    I was having issues as well, went through the whole uninstall/re-install bit and still nothing... driving myself crazy trying to figure it out then clicked on the "Steps" menu in desperation and saw that somehow I had turned on the check box beside the "don't track steps" option. :facepalm:

Part of the problem I'm having is MFP says my Fitbit is connected but it doesn't show up under steps so I can select it.
  • SR1986
    SR1986 Posts: 92 Member
    I'm having the same issue. My steps will sync. Then I'll come back to log something and the steps will be at 0 again. It's been a struggle to have to juggle both the apps to see what's been burned, what I can eat. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.