TEAM FOUR

Replies

• AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Yay!! I made it to the gym, as promised! I also did the strength training gym version for challenge 2 and as soon as that clock strikes midnight, I'll have gone 5 days with no candy, pop and unnecessary snacking. Wahoo!! I had a crazy work day, and I've only been working 3 hours/day since August last year, so leaving for work at 6:30 am and working a 9 hour day was a bit much for me. So glad I hit the gym, I'm feeling reenergized again! I've got tonight and all day tomorrow to get everything done before Florida, I think I got this! I also had an awesome loss this week :) What a great day!
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    WEEK SIX: THE LAST GREAT RACE!
    DESTINATION: ANCHORAGE, ALASKA - MILEAGE: 4997

AWARD YOURSELF MINUTES FOR STAYING ACTIVE WHILE WATCHING THE YOUTUBE VIDEOS!

VIDEO 1 - "IDITAROD TRILER" - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE
    VIDEO 2 - “HOW THE DIPHTHERIA OUTBREAK SPAWNED THE IDATAROD” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE
    VIDEO 3 - “HOLD TIGHT SLED DOG RIDE” - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE
    VIDEO 4 - “ALASKA TIMELAPSE FILM” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE
    VIDEO 5 - “ALASKA’S EPIC NORTHERN LIGHTS” - 3 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE
    VIDEO 6 - “BRILLIANT TIME LAPSE” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE

CHALLENGE #1: “FROSTBITE FOOTRACE OR IDITAROD?” (10 POINTS)

TO EARN YOUR 10 POINTS FOR CHALLENGE ONE COMPLETE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:

1. THE 2.5K FROSTBITE FOOTRACE: THIS MUST BE COMPLETED OUTDOORS (RUNNING, WALKING, SNOWSHOES, SKIS)
    OR IN A POOL! DONE

2. THE 5K FROSTBITE FOOTRACE: THIS MUST BE COMPLETED OUTDOORS! DONE

3. THE 10.49 MILE IDITAROD: THIS MAY BE COMPLETED INDOORS (ON A TREADMILL OR ELLIPTICAL) DONE

OR TAKE THE DARE AND DO IT ALL OUTDOORS! ALL RACES MAY BE COMPLETED IN SEGMENTS THROUGHOUT THE WEEK... (YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO THE TOTAL DISTANCE ALL AT ONCE)

***UPON COMPLETION OF ONE OF THE THREE RACES ABOVE YOU MUST POST WHICH RACE YOU CHOSE ON YOUR TEAM THREAD*** IN A SEPARATE SENTENCE POST WHAT METHOD YOU USED (RUN / WALK / SKI/SWIM) AND WHY! (BE SURE TO LABEL YOUR POST CHALLENGE #1) THEN, AND ONLY THEN PLACE YOUR 10 POINTS IN THE CORRECT SPREADSHEET BOX AND MISSIONENFORCER WILL VERIFY.

EXAMPLE POST

CHALLENGE #1 - I CHOSE THE IDITAROD DARE.

I HIKED 10.49 MILES WITH MY DOG TARA, SO THAT WE COULD BOTH ENJOY THE OUTDOORS AND EARN EXTRA MINUTES FOR OUR TEAM!

CHALLENGE #2: “BE ABLE TO PUSH YOUR SLED!” (10 POINTS)

TO COMPLETE CHALLENGE #2, CHOOSE EITHER OPTION:

OPTION #1: COMPLETE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING 40 MINUTE FITNESS BLENDERS:

TOTAL BODY BEGINNER WORKOUT DONE
    OR
    FAT BLASTING TOTAL BODY STRENGTH TRAINING.

OPTION #2: FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT LIKE VIDEOS!

BOTH OF THE ABOVE VIDEOS INCLUDE A WRITTEN FORMAT WHICH CAN BE PRINTED OUT AND TAKEN TO THE GYM WITH YOU. PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE A WARM-UP AND COOL DOWN AND SPEND AT LEAST 40 MINUTES EXERCISING! YOU DO NOT NEED TO HAVE THIS CHALLENGE VERIFIED BUT PLEASE ASK FOR MODIFICATIONS IF NECESSARY!

1 VIDEO/1 VIDEO DONE! OR 0 WORKOUT/1 WORKOUT DONE!

CHALLENGE #3: “LIGHTEN YOUR LOAD!” (5 POINTS)

TO EARN YOUR 5 POINTS FOR THIS CHALLENGE LEAVE ONE OF YOUR FOOD/DRINK RELATED “VICES” BEHIND FOR 5 OUT OF THE 7 SEVEN DAYS! (THEY DO NOT HAVE TO BE CONSECUTIVE) IN OTHER WORDS: “LIGHTEN YOUR LOAD!”

***ON YOUR TEAM THREAD*** POST WHAT VICE YOU “LEFT BEHIND”. ADD A SEPARATE SENTENCE ON HOW THAT WORKED FOR YOU. BE SURE TO LABEL YOUR POST “CHALLENGE #3”. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ENTER THIS “5” UNTIL FRIDAY NIGHT.

EXAMPLE POST:

CHALLENGE #3 - I left chocolate behind for 5 days.

Not eating sugar made me feel better and I lost a pound!

1/5 DAYS NO SWEETS DONE

MON - 0
    TUE - 1
    WED - 0
    THU - 1
    FRI - 1
    SAT -
    SUN -

582 / 700 MINUTES DONE

MON - 124
    TUE - 115
    WED - 135
    THU - 70
    FRI - 138
    SAT -
    SUN -
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    You have all been doing amazing this week !! B)

Well it looks like I need to get on my elliptical to get my steps in so I will be adding to my minutes tonight.

Sorry I have been MIA the last few days. BUT I am still working on the challenges. As you can tell... LOL Today was a BIG make up day for the challenges and My Abs workout I FINALLY started. I may even do another round of my abs challenge because i am a day behind. It only takes a couple minutes but it all ads up in the long run.

• Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    @MissionEnforcer
    CHALLENGE #1 - I CHOSE THE IDITAROD DARE.

I ran/walked the 10.49 with my training partners/husband outside this week. It has been extremely warm here with temps in the 70's to upper 80's so was able to do it all outside.
  • Scherzie
    WEEK SIX: THE LAST GREAT RACE!
    DESTINATION: ANCHORAGE, ALASKA - MILEAGE: 4997

AWARD YOURSELF MINUTES FOR STAYING ACTIVE WHILE WATCHING THE YOUTUBE VIDEOS!

VIDEO 1 - "IDITAROD TRILER" - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING Done!
    VIDEO 2 - “HOW THE DIPHTHERIA OUTBREAK SPAWNED THE IDATAROD” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING Done!
    VIDEO 3 - “HOLD TIGHT SLED DOG RIDE” - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING Done!
    VIDEO 4 - “ALASKA TIMELAPSE FILM” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING Done!
    VIDEO 5 - “ALASKA’S EPIC NORTHERN LIGHTS” - 3 MINUTES FOR WATCHING Done!
    VIDEO 6 - “BRILLIANT TIME LAPSE” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING Done!

CHALLENGE #1: “FROSTBITE FOOTRACE OR IDITAROD?” (10 POINTS)
    I am going to choose option 2 with possibility of making it to option 3 DONE!!

CHALLENGE #2: “BE ABLE TO PUSH YOUR SLED!” (10 POINTS)
    I am going to go for Option 1--the videos

1 VIDEO/1 VIDEO DONE!

CHALLENGE #3: “LIGHTEN YOUR LOAD!” (5 POINTS)
    I am going to give up Chocolate as I will usually have a piece at some point during the day

5/5 DAYS DONE
    MON - No Chocolate
    TUE - No Chocolate
    WED - No Chocolate
    THU - No Chocolate, even though I really wanted to
    FRI - No Chololate
    SAT -
    SUN -

470/ 700 MINUTES DONE

MON - 135
    TUE - 176
    WED - 45
    THU - 54
    FRI - 60
    SAT -
    SUN -

It's going to be rough BUT I will get my minutes!!! Sent home from work today with bilateral conjunctivitis, bilateral ear infections and sinus infection.
    100 mile ride coming up Sunday with @mckeon11 and predicted winds of 20-30 mph--- the minutes will be in but pretty sure it won't be 100 miles done :wink:
  • bowlt
    bowlt Posts: 40 Member
    CHALLENGE #3
    I left all sweenter behind for 5 days for my hot tea.
    Not having sweeter is something I have been trying to overcome.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    The Ceremonial Start of the Iditarod has begun in Anchorage!
    Just follow this link:
    http://iditarod.com/

:)
  • dawnsch1995
    dawnsch1995 Posts: 97 Member
    Challenge 1 @MissionEnforcer
    I chose the 5km frostbite footrace
    I walked outside with my husband even though we are going through another cold snap here, we were both getting cabin fever , so bundled up and got outside!
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    edited March 2017
    Mall walking report. I did am taking 2.5 hours for mu mall walking. 4500 steps and 45 min around the mall in IL Gurnee. Did it a couple of times. First time I just booked it and then I did it again and went in some of the stores. Great day. I had a water with me and figured I was walking about the same as I would of outside without getting cold or at the gym and getting bored. I took the stairs and not the ramp when ever I saw stairs I was all over them. Tomorrow it is going to be warm enough to walk outside so I will suck down some coffee and go.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    @Scherzie you're such a trooper, feel better soon!

• AshleyMFitness16
    Challenge #3 @MissionEnforcer
    I gave up candy, pop and unnecessary snacking this week. I felt good and lost 2.6 pounds in 4 days! Wahoo!!
  • mckeon11
    mckeon11 Posts: 42 Member
    @MissionEnforcer Challenge 3 no alcohol for 5 days! woo but i really wanted to!
  • ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    Challenge #3 - Lighten Your Load
    I gave up jelly beans and flavored carbonated waters.
    Giving up the water was way easier then the jelly beans! I definitely noticed a difference from the water. Jelly beans are my go to when I'm stressed/depressed/happy whatever! It was a huge struggle and I'm honestly glad it's over. I didn't realize how much people actually offer what they think "helps" you feel better! My boss, my mom, my friend - who called and was like I have wine and jelly beans let's have a girls night! Ugh. Felt like it was a conspiracy with everyone giving me jelly beans!! Lol
  • ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    @SmashleyM914 - yay on the weight loss. That's awesome!

@Scherzie & @mckeon11 - I hate riding in the wind! Good luck!! Stay strong!!
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 260 Member
    Challenge 3 @MissionEnforcer
    I made it through giving up chips. But I was craving them like crazy. I didn't buy them or have them in the house. It was the only way. As an added bonus I am on my 4 day of giving up coffee. That's only because I ran out and shop day isn't until Tuesday. Constant dull headache ugh. I need the coffee. I'm weak.
  • carinamenina
    carinamenina Posts: 105 Member
    This has been the busiest week. I flew out to Texas with my family to help with my brother & SIL's fundraiser and run a half marathon. I am proud to say it is now all DONE, I am completely exhausted, and I am ready to rest most of the day tomorrow before we fly home Monday. I finished all the challenges, so I will post separately about challenges 1 and 3. Hope you all have had a good week, too--sorry, I don't have time to catch up on all your posts :/
  • carinamenina
    Challenge #1: I chose to do the 10.49 Iditarod Race by running a half-marathon. This was my second one ever, I got a PR, and I ran it with my big brother, which was such a special experience. And it was much warmer weather than where I live (TX vs UT) so that was nice too, haha!
  • carinamenina
    Challenge #3: I left soda behind for 5 days. I usually drink diet soda, and it was honestly pretty hard because I've been so exhausted this week and kept wanting to drink some caffeine for a pick-me-up, but I think leaving this vice behind (at least temporarily, I am sure I will pick it up again soon) helped me with hydration during a very busy week and probably also helped me get that half-marathon PR :)
  • Scherzie
    @MissionEnforcer
    Challenge #3 gave up chocolate for the week. I picked a bad week to try it but I managed to do it and resisted the chocolate chip cookie monster. Not sure weight wise but my pants are fitting better!
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    @MissionEnforcer
    Challenge #3: I left wine behind. It was especially challenging because this was the week before vacation starts, but my mind was already on vacation. It helped me to drop a couple more pounds before vacation, do that is a bonus