TEAM FIVE

Replies

• b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited March 2017
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    Challenge #3 - I gave up alcohol. It has gotten easier day by day. However, after all the driving and baby shower set-up, co-hosting the party and clean-up today, I really would have enjoyed a glass of wine. We also had champagne mimosas at the party but I really had no trouble just drinking lemon water.

This was a good start to my Lenten challenge, but I have a long way to go til Easter!

YOU CAN DO IT!! For me, the first two weeks were the hardest...but it gets easier.

I did Dry January last year and this year. I will say last year the cravings during the first two weeks for me were brutal, but once I got past the two weeks, it was easy and I almost considered not drinking again. This year, was different. The cravings weren't as bad the first two weeks, but I will honestly say they never really went away the whole time (always lingering). Last year, I drank a lot less initially after the abstinence period, but this year, I jumped right back to my normal ways. I am currently working on reining it in during the week, though I do love at least a glass of wine nightly (especially if I have a late night at the computer), and predominately save drinking calories for during the weekend.
  • ldrichmond476
    ldrichmond476 Posts: 157 Member
    karinidowu wrote: »
    Just a little check-in I tried to complete 2.5 k mile outside but weather was lots of rain today. I got 1.6 miles in before it started to rain pretty heavily. So tomorrow morning I am hoping to finish up the mile and hopefully finish challenge #2 up. I joined the group on Thursday so I am just starting it feels like with the Amazing race.

Great job on the outdoors achievement of challenge 1, you said you were going to do challenge 2 tomorrow but wanted you to know the challenges end on Sunday evening and start new on Monday morning, so if you don't finish this week today, just be ready for new things to be posted tomorrow. Those challenge points are such a big deal in this thing and it's hard to cram it all in at the end and some can not be accomplished that way anyway because they require 5 out of 7 days of activity such as this weeks "lighten the load".

Glad to have you on our team- Keep up the great work!
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,656 Member
    Challenge 1 Complete

THE 2.5K FROSTBITE FOOTRACE:
    I chose walking because it is I enjoy getting outside even when it is cold outside. I am not happy unless I get a minimum of 10,000 steps and always strive to get more when I can.

Challenge 2 Complete
    - videos completed

Challenge 3 completed
    I chose to give up chocolate this week, I never have it in the house, but lately I have had the worse craving for it, I just tried to ignore it and fight it off through exercise.

Minutes:
    Monday- 90
    Tuesday-70
    Wednesday 90
    Thursday-100
    Friday-93
    Saturday-93
    Sunday-
  • ldrichmond476
    CHALLENGE #1
    I CHOSE THE IDITAROD DARE.
    I HIKED 10.49 MILES primarily on the row machine 8.55mi, some treadmill 1.94mi
    because I was already on a personal challenge from my trainer at the gym and got permission from ME to use the row machine for this weeks challenge.

Getting ready to go out and ride my bike now, will post my extra minutes when I get back- WooHoo 700 week!! Personal best!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    b3achy wrote: »
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    Challenge #3 - I gave up alcohol. It has gotten easier day by day. However, after all the driving and baby shower set-up, co-hosting the party and clean-up today, I really would have enjoyed a glass of wine. We also had champagne mimosas at the party but I really had no trouble just drinking lemon water.

This was a good start to my Lenten challenge, but I have a long way to go til Easter!

YOU CAN DO IT!! For me, the first two weeks were the hardest...but it gets easier.

I did Dry January last year and this year. I will say last year the cravings during the first two weeks for me were brutal, but once I got past the two weeks, it was easy and I almost considered not drinking again. This year, was different. The cravings weren't as bad the first two weeks, but I will honestly say they never really went away the whole time (always lingering). Last year, I drank a lot less initially after the abstinence period, but this year, I jumped right back to my normal ways. I am currently working on reining it in during the week, though I do love at least a glass of wine nightly (especially if I have a late night at the computer), and predominately save drinking calories for during the weekend.

I've actually given up alcohol since I'm a practicing Buddhist. It's very easy to turn down drinks when offered, and people don't pressure me to drink when I say it's due to my religion.

I do miss sampling hard ciders on the porch in the summer, but I just sip Japanese sodas instead, while my roommate has his lagers.
  • b3achy
    edited March 2017
    Woo hoo Fab Fives!! We're currently only 10 challenge points behind Team 2 and Team 6 who are tied for third. Let's get those challenges knocked out and all the necessary things posted for ME to validate the ones that need it!

Whew, I finally got the video done for challenge 2. The Beginner one wasn't too bad, though with a couple of the moves, I'm glad I did a lot of stretching beforehand. I think I finally got my lower back to release the tight area, though it is still a bit sore. Though I have to say if that was a 180 calorie burn, then I've been woefully underestimating some of my calorie burns! (But better to underestimate than over estimate them in the grand scheme of things).

Congrats to @My_Butt and @ldrichmond476 for getting their max points and all their challenge points!! Well done ladies! We needed it this week with all the folks sidelined!
    Congratulations-With-Glittering-Rose.gif

For the rest of us, it's time to get the exercise logged, the challenge points posted and submitted!! We've got this!!

lets-get-it-done.png

REMEMBER...
    fab-300x300.jpg
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    CHALLENGE 3 I don't know if this will count for the 5 points for the team . but I gave up riding my bike not by choice but because I have hurt my back .
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    June, I hope your back heals up quickly! Injuries are such a pain (literally)!
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 917 Member
    Challenge 3.
    I left behind late night snacking and chocolate for 5 days. I did this because I can eat healthy all day and then spoil it at night. Also I feel much better when I don't snack at night.
  • mvfeathers2
    mvfeathers2 Posts: 897 Member
    For challenge 2 I completed the fat blasting work out (the 2nd option)

For challenge 3 I gave up chocolate for 5 out of 7 days and it was a real challenge this week. But I am quick to fall into the sugar addiction and I need these challenges to keep me in check
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    edited March 2017
    Challenge #3

Left behind fast food for 5 of the 7 days.
    I did have a planned lunch out on Tuesday and got lunch with my husband yesterday, but made it the rest of the days. Since things cooked at home have less sodium, I think I saw a water weight dip in the scale this week. Also, I know rationally I can fit more food for less calories at home, but sometimes the laziness of preparing it just takes over. :tongue:

@getsa if you get a chance it looks like you need to redo your challenge #1 and 3 correctly. They're red on the spreadsheet.
  • karinidowu
    karinidowu Posts: 327 Member
    Ha that is great! I did go out for another walk this morning and got another mile in! hee hee! So I completed the Challenge #1 2.5 k!
  • karinidowu
    edited March 2017
    Completed challenge #3 no sugar this week.
  • ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    CHALLENGE #1

I did the 2.5K. My daughter was really sick with influenza this week, and I wasn't feeling well the ONE day I could get outside (while taking the other daughter to dance class). I chose to walk that distance instead of run. She was sick Sat - Th, and now things are looking much better! Ready to get back to life!

CHALLENGE #2
    done

CHALLENGE #3
    I gave up chocolate for the week.
  • b3achy
    edited March 2017
    Way to Rally Team 5!!! Y'all ARE FABULOUS!!!! We're in 4th place for the week (and have a solid lead for 3rd for the overall race again). Not bad given all the change ups and injured folks.

Hey, @karinidowu, @ajfuelling, @getsa - remember you have to also post "HOW THAT WORKED FOR YOU: " (didn't mean to scream, but I just cut and pasted from my submission and was too lazy to change the case) for challenge #3 to get the points. Recommend posting exactly like the sample so it's easiest for ME to approve your points. Every little bit is going to help this week. Also @karinidowu - you may need to repost in the format for Challenge 1 as you are still in the red for that one too.

Feel better June! Your back sounds much worse than mine (which is just being persnickety). Hope you heal fast!!
    3d340098678f8e5068ca34e06238f1fa_feel-better-feel-better-clipart_293-256.gif
  • ldrichmond476
    edited March 2017
    karinidowu wrote: »
    Completed challenge #3 no sugar this week.

@karinidowu and @ajfuelling and @getsa You have to post the challenges in the correct format like this:

CHALLENGE #3
    I left chocolate behind for 5 days.
    Not eating sugar made me feel better and I lost a pound!

CHALLENGE #1
    I CHOSE THE IDITAROD DARE.
    I HIKED 10.49 MILES WITH MY DOG TARA,
    SO THAT WE COULD BOTH ENJOY THE OUTDOORS AND EARN EXTRA MINUTES FOR OUR TEAM!

Just copy and paste from the message board the format and fill in with your personal stats.
  • ldrichmond476
    CHALLENGE 3 I don't know if this will count for the 5 points for the team . but I gave up riding my bike not by choice but because I have hurt my back .

You need to post your points in the graph and follow the format or it won't count.
  • getsa
    getsa Posts: 98 Member
    CHALLENGE #3
    I did not eat ice cream.
    Not eating ice cream is hard for me. It is a weak point of mine. However, if I stay away from it I can keep from getting crazy next day numbers on the scale.
  • karinidowu
    CHALLENGE #3
    I left sugar behind for 7 days.
    Not eating sugar made me feel better and I lost two pounds!
  • karinidowu
    Challenge 1 Complete

THE 2.5K FROSTBITE FOOTRACE:
    I wanted to get outside regardless of cold weather and get some exercise in. I was prepared to walk in rain but it let up for me to get my distance of 2.5 k. I actually got around 3 k in. It was cold but it was worth it. I am down 2 lbs so every lit bit counts!