Mandy's Journey

MandyxSchmitz
MandyxSchmitz Posts: 29 Member
Didn't know what else to call this - I always feel so awkward starting threads about myself because I never know what to write. Which is why I've put this off for a few days.

Where to start without being long winded... I've always been heavy I suppose. It was when I got married 15 years ago that I really started putting on the pounds. I ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted and became so out of control that I reached 340 pounds four years ago.

I went in a diet, eating stupid low calories because I couldn't lose weight eating anything more (I tried and I have 0 patience on top of it). I managed to lose 88 pounds but couldn't sustain my eating (who didn't see that coming, right?) so I gained back all that weight plus another 40, leaving me at 389 pounds. My brightest weight ever.

At the beginning of the year I decided I was going to lose weight but I wasn't going to starve myself to do it. I tried eating my calories over a few meals during the day but I always slipped off 'the wagon' and couldn't control myself until I came across Joe's OMAD story and it clicked - I normally don't eat during the day unless I'm dieting anyway. I'm more of a snack eater at night. Like, I can eat the entire house at night I'm so terrible.

This experience has been an eye opener. I like being able to eat the things I enjoy, it's why I don't stick to diets. I feel full all night after I've eaten so I don't spend it snacking and after this first few days my grumblies during the day went away. I now only get hungry about an hour before supper because my body knows when to expect the next meal. I have never felt so good while losing weight and I don't feel deprived in any way. Why I didn't do this years ago is beyond me!

So far I'm down 24 pounds. I plan on starting to go for walks when I've lost more and I get energy back. It's hard to have much when you're still at 363 pounds but I'm getting there

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    You do right on sharing! As stated, your story has immense potential. I certainly know how it is to snack and otherwise eat compulsively. It will consume a person no-end. The changes you make now can forever change you, your life, your desires, and on and on.

I appreciate your opening up.
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Good job, Mandy. I look forward to hearing more of your story as you continue on OMAD.
  • Mom2annie
    Mom2annie Posts: 177 Member
    Welcome, Mandy!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Welcome, OMAD is the best!!! :)
  • Brendalea69
    Yay for the loss!!! That's awesome that your husband is going to do it with you :)
  • MandyxSchmitz
    edited March 2017
    He was pretty skeptical at first but he started losing right away. Now he's excited. :)
  • ShantelRae72
    ShantelRae72 Posts: 57 Member
    Didn't know what else to call this - I always feel so awkward starting threads about myself because I never know what to write. Which is why I've put this off for a few days.

Where to start without being long winded... I've always been heavy I suppose. It was when I got married 15 years ago that I really started putting on the pounds. I ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted and became so out of control that I reached 340 pounds four years ago.

I went in a diet, eating stupid low calories because I couldn't lose weight eating anything more (I tried and I have 0 patience on top of it). I managed to lose 88 pounds but couldn't sustain my eating (who didn't see that coming, right?) so I gained back all that weight plus another 40, leaving me at 389 pounds. My brightest weight ever.

At the beginning of the year I decided I was going to lose weight but I wasn't going to starve myself to do it. I tried eating my calories over a few meals during the day but I always slipped off 'the wagon' and couldn't control myself until I came across Joe's OMAD story and it clicked - I normally don't eat during the day unless I'm dieting anyway. I'm more of a snack eater at night. Like, I can eat the entire house at night I'm so terrible.

This experience has been an eye opener. I like being able to eat the things I enjoy, it's why I don't stick to diets. I feel full all night after I've eaten so I don't spend it snacking and after this first few days my grumblies during the day went away. I now only get hungry about an hour before supper because my body knows when to expect the next meal. I have never felt so good while losing weight and I don't feel deprived in any way. Why I didn't do this years ago is beyond me!

So far I'm down 24 pounds. I plan on starting to go for walks when I've lost more and I get energy back. It's hard to have much when you're still at 363 pounds but I'm getting there

Hello and welcome.. your gonna do great!!!
  • MandyxSchmitz
    Thank you!
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    oh wow both of you are on it, that is so great! thanks for sharing @MandyxSchmitz and yes I identify too with wanting to eat the house late at night. This plan has done a lot for me too to calm that down. And yes, it's a life plan, not a 'diet', or a 'program'. Please keep sharing and get hubby on here too!
  • MandyxSchmitz
    Yeah it's definitely calmed down the snacking for me. I don't even think of food after supper anymore. It reminds me of when I quit smoking and how much of a relief it was not to base everything around my next cigarette.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I'm exited for you! Take some pics and keep a weight log along the way to show your progress! You can have a great story to tell!
  • MandyxSchmitz
    edited March 2017
    This week was great, nothing really to report! I'll take pics this weekend so I have those when I, hopefully, finish this!

Down 3 more pounds for a total of 27 gone since I started. Will weigh in and report again on Monday after I've survived the weekend.. weekends are always my hardest!

ETA: Forgot to add that I discovered I loved making my own mayo from avocados instead of using actual mayo. Mixed with some olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and horse radish makes one heck of a tasty 'mayo'!
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Oh man that sounds good! Congratulations on your progress!!!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Way to go!
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    This week was great, nothing really to report! I'll take pics this weekend so I have those when I, hopefully, finish this!

Down 3 more pounds for a total of 27 gone since I started. Will weigh in and report again on Monday after I've survived the weekend.. weekends are always my hardest!

ETA: Forgot to add that I discovered I loved making my own mayo from avocados instead of using actual mayo. Mixed with some olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and horse radish makes one heck of a tasty 'mayo'!

Yum!!!! You're mayo recipe sounds awesome. I never thought of adding horse radish. I'm totally going to try this. Congrats on your 27lb loss!! There is no stopping you now!!
  • Brendalea69
    Yay, You're doing sooo good!!! :)
  • kabrigail
    kabrigail Posts: 149 Member
    Great progress!!
  • MandyxSchmitz
    Monday's Weight - 359
    Lost 4 pounds last week

Managed to make it through the weekend with no slips. I did learn not to eat chinese and think the next 24 hours are going to be as easy as normal though. Yeesh.
  • kabrigail
    kabrigail Posts: 149 Member
    Great job!!!