I need a good water without that awful after taste from the fake sugar.

13»

Replies

• cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    BeChill73 wrote: »
    cmtigger wrote: »
    (For people saying just drink tap water with no treatment, some places it has no flavor, other places it tastes off. )

Our tap water used tomtaste great then one year they did pipe repairs somewhere in the system and our water has ever since tasted like it was filtered through a poorly managed compost heap. We invested $250 in an underbench water filter and replace the filter every 6 months and now the water has no taste and it still costs less than buying bottled water.
    I'm very lucky to live with good tasting water, but when I didn't, I rented, so a system like that wasn't an option.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Hello all: My problem is all the fake sugars out there. I can't stand the aftertaste of them in flavored bottled water. I am trying to cut down on soda and drink more water. Yes I hate tap water as well..lol Any help in telling me of a great tasting flavored water please let me know. Thanks.

Perhaps try plain bottled water rather than flavoured. Where I live, tap water is okay to drink, but now there seems to be a new fad where people are buying special water bottles and adding slices of lemon to their water.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited March 2017
    I loathe the taste of artificial sweeteners. I would rather drink nothing than drink something with that garbage in it. Dasani makes one now that is not sweetened at all. It's not bad.
  • ashcky wrote: »
    I bought a brita pitcher that filters the water. Cuts down on plastic bottle waste and you don't have to drink nasty tap water.

What water are you filtering if not tap water?
  • MacaronStyle
    MacaronStyle Posts: 35 Member
    Grapefruit Perrier is delicious. It almost tastes like juice was added to the water but it's 0 calorie. The apple is pretty tasty too. La Croix isn't as palatable IMO but I know it has a lot of fans.

Otherwise, filter your tap water and keep it chilled. Drink with lemon/lime/mint. (Squeeze or muddle as appropriate.)
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    ashcky wrote: »
    I bought a brita pitcher that filters the water. Cuts down on plastic bottle waste and you don't have to drink nasty tap water.

I think they meant that filtering the tap water makes it "not nasty".
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Move to Dallas. Best tasting tap water in the country.

Nothing tastes better than Lake Tahoe.

Nah, you want to go to Scotland. If you really want the best tap water in Scotland, go to a croft in the Highlands that's plumbed from a mountain spring.

But don't get put off by the slightly brown colour - that's peat, which is harmless. A lot of tap water in the Highlands used to be peat coloured and with a distinctive peat flavour (slightly sweet) but the main line water is now more thoroughly filtered and treated, so you'll only get that in a house with its own water supply.
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Sorry, just have to say it. This is a first world problem.

You're not wrong - but this whole site exists to tackle the first world problem of having so much to eat that we're killing ourselves with it, so it's not really a fair critique of any one question.

OP, I like to put slices of lemon, lime, orange or mint leaves in a bottle of tap water and let it steep, genuinely tastes lovely.

In the UK we have a brand of flavoured water by Volvic called Touch of Fruit which is available in no-sweetener versions; it has sugar and therefore calories, but very little. It's lovely, but I don't know if you have it over there.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    I don't like the taste of artificial sweeteners either. I drink water (usually tap water) or sparkling water (mineral water, plain soda water) sometimes with a slice of lemon or lime if I want to be fancy, or herbal teas (lemon and ginger in my favourite).
    I know that tap water tasted different depending on where you live, but in my experience you can get used to it. I used to live in Adelaide, South Australia - which has famously disgusting tap water - but after a few years of carting vats of water home from the supermarket I decided that it was ridiculous and I should just put on my big girl pants and get used to it. And I did.
    Buying bottled water is one of the biggest scams out there, but if you aren't prepared to get used to tap water, try a water filter.
  • razzapool
    razzapool Posts: 89 Member
    i just use cold water from fridge with a bit sugar free lime juice in it its loverly
  • aliyou1
    aliyou1 Posts: 19 Member
    Look into getting a Berkey with fluoride filter. The absolute best tasting water
  • MaybeLed
    MaybeLed Posts: 250 Member
    Move to Dallas. Best tasting tap water in the country.

Nothing tastes better than Lake Tahoe.

Nah, you want to go to Scotland. If you really want the best tap water in Scotland, go to a croft in the Highlands that's plumbed from a mountain spring.

So my grandparents lived an area with mountain spring tap water, being used to London water it was so weird, like you couldn't taste it. And when you washed your hair the detergent would foam so much you couldn't get rid of it.

We'd always adjust in time to go home....
  • Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    I hate flavored water. I like my water to taste refreshing. When I do want it flavored I add a fruit. Mostly lemon but other fruit can be used as well. I LOVE acai pomegranate vitamin water!
  • ashcky wrote: »

I think they meant that filtering the tap water makes it "not nasty".

That makes sense. These days I wouldn't be surprised if someone were filtering bottled water.