Hello

dajoloehr
dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
I feel like its been so quiet the last couple days around here :neutral: maybe that's just me lol
Hows everyone's week been?

Replies

• leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Still here! Had a decent week. You?
  • dajoloehr
    Ups and downs, but all-in-all great :)
  • Mom2annie
    Mom2annie Posts: 177 Member
    I'm still here too. My week went well too. I have a headache today which is making meal time seem far far away. Not sure what one has to do with the other.

I'm almost done with the beef bone broth. Man is it a pain in the butt to make. Not difficult, but very messy and time consuming. It's strained and cooling now so I'll be able to scrape off the fat layer and try a cup relatively soon. Do you guys make bone broth much?
  • dajoloehr
    edited February 2017
    Only at Christmas, and I consider myself a good chef, but I always ruin it lol at least the turkey itself tastes good haha
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I've been more hungry this week, I think it's because it's winter and my body is telling me to eat more so I can hibernate :p
  • Mom2annie
    dajoloehr wrote: »
    Only at Christmas, and I consider myself a good chef, but I always ruin it lol at least the turkey itself tastes good haha

Mine was gross. I followed directions to a tee, but I couldn't stand to even finish an ounce. It was painful, but I threw it away. So much for that.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    We will put some ham-bone in a crock pot that has some meat on it and let that slow cook for a long time. It doesn't dissolve all the bone but takes off the meat and probably leaves behind a little bit of dissolved bone.
  • Mom2annie
    blambo61 wrote: »
    We will put some ham-bone in a crock pot that has some meat on it and let that slow cook for a long time. It doesn't dissolve all the bone but takes off the meat and probably leaves behind a little bit of dissolved bone.

Do you drink it alone or use it as a soup base?
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Mom2annie wrote: »
    blambo61 wrote: »

Do you drink it alone or use it as a soup base?

It's soup.
  • dajoloehr
    Happy hump day :) how's everyone's week so far?
    I can't believe February is almost over! Spring is so close :) what's your favorite thing about spring? Mine is probably, other than the weather, birds coming back. We live so close to a marshy pond park, so the birds are abundant, and waking up to them signing always puts me in a great mood.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Longer days :) more energy too
  • dajoloehr
    Happy Hump-day everyone! Hows your weeks going so far?
    It snowed yesterday, I'm starting to think spring is never coming lol.