TEAM FIVE

Options

Replies

• rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Mrscanmore wrote: »
    We had about a foot of snow dumped on us the last two days! We went out for a "run" this morning, but it was really a high knees workout as we tried to get through the snow. Last week, it had almost melted, and the weather was beautiful. Today, it is -29 with the wind chill!

That's -29 Celsius I hope... weather has been strange here as well. Monday morning at 7a it was 59 F and this morning for my run it was 34 F and WC of 29. We've had a lot of bad wind as well and a nasty storm blew through last night and a lot of wind and hail damage around the area... tornado touched down just north of the city in Smithville MO. West of us in Kansas they are having issues with fires that are out of control and expecting 40 mph winds.

But, hey, we're ditching the cold of Alaska and hitting the tropical paradise of Jamaica, so as long as there aren't any hurricanes, we should be good! :smile:
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    @2016summerfun -- yep, I like to add Thyme -- thyme and thyme again... :wink: --- wow, was that ever cornballish! lol.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Hey Fab 5! I am so sorry I missed completing the #2 challenge from last week. First time I've missed a challenge in 2 Amazing Races!! I just could not get it done between babyshower responsibilities for one side of the family and babysitting out-of-state grandkid duties for another. I actually had high hopes of finishing it up on Sunday, but my 3 year old grandson had a severe asthma attack and we were trying to decide whether to take him to the ER. We ended up treating him at home and he was better, but the last thing on my mind was a workout video.

I'm just back home today from the babysitting duties, so will get busy on this week's challenges.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,987 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    Hey Fab 5! I am so sorry I missed completing the #2 challenge from last week. First time I've missed a challenge in 2 Amazing Races!! I just could not get it done between babyshower responsibilities for one side of the family and babysitting out-of-state grandkid duties for another. I actually had high hopes of finishing it up on Sunday, but my 3 year old grandson had a severe asthma attack and we were trying to decide whether to take him to the ER. We ended up treating him at home and he was better, but the last thing on my mind was a workout video.

I'm just back home today from the babysitting duties, so will get busy on this week's challenges.

Hope the grand baby is doing okay! Family and health is always more important than a challenge, IMO.

But all these issues that folks had this week, just reminds me how important it is to try to knock out the challenges early...which I need a reminder of this week as I've not even started mine yet. Maybe I'll go have some ginger tea now so I can at least get through the food challenge...and that is what I did...

CHALLENGE #3
    The spice I chose was Ginger.
    I made lemon ginger tea. I didn't know that ginger was good for muscle aches and pains until I read the challenge example. I usually only have my lemon ginger tea when I have an upset stomach and I want something to soothe it. I like the taste of the lemon with the ginger; the ginger gives the tea a bit of a zing.

I also bought some scallions yesterday, but haven't made anything with them yet. I'm probably going to use them in a few salads this week, or might make a chicken and rice dish where I add them (there are a surprising number of recipes online that use chicken rice and scallions).
  • karinidowu
    karinidowu Posts: 327 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »
    qdr4cdyc9uiv.jpg
    ALL TEAMS HAD CHALLENGE POINTS THAT WEREN'T COUNTED, DUE TO NOT FOLLOWING THE POSTING INSTRUCTIONS:

TEAM 1: 15points; TEAM 2: 5 points; TEAM 3: 25 points;
    TEAM 4: 10 points; TEAM 5: 5 points; TEAM 6: 5 points

The weekly standings are really funny. There's only been two teams battling for first and second, two teams that have always been third and fourth, and two teams struggling at the bottom two spots.

So why are we not in third place by the chart above with race totals? The challenge points must really make a difference!
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    karinidowu wrote: »
    So why are we not in third place by the chart above with race totals? The challenge points must really make a difference!

I just checked and it does look like we're in third place under the totals column?
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    challenge #3 The spice I chose was ginger
    I made a chicken & cabbage recipe that called for ginger. I have never cooked with ginger ( I bought the spice a while back, but it has such a strong fragrance, I never used it). This recipe had a lot of good reviews so I thought I would go ahead and try it. To my surprise it was very good. The ginger wasn't too strong and complimented the dish. It reminded me of the chinese cabbage & chicken dish I eat when we go out. I will definitely be making it again.
  • bm1409
    Options
    Challenge #2 complete!
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Challenge#3

I chose nutmeg because these challenges go up after I buy my groceries for the week and that's the only one I have on hand. I put some nutmeg and cinnamon in my coffee after searching for some recipes or things to put it in that weren't french toast. :tongue: I like the taste okay, but have some issues keeping it blended. I think I should have used it in a weekend coffee instead of weekday. I usually make my coffees for work cold since it takes a while to drink them, and it would probably taste better in a hot drink.
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    @geminiswede Two races ago we tried a Friday update to let people know what they would need for the following week. They just added more stress (for us) and hardly anyone read them, so we stopped.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #3
    I made Thai curry with ginger.
    It smelled delicious. I was hoping it would be delicious. It was not. lol
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE 3

SPICE: ginger

I chose ginger because I read somewhere it's supposed to help with a sick stomach. I always add cinnamon to my oatmeal since it's supposed to lower anxiety. And with anxiety, I often feel sick. So the cinnamon eases my stress while the ginger helped my stomach.
  • bm1409
    Options
    @Reabeebaby ... that looks so good!
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've not been very active lately. I've not felt well for several weeks - no energy, want to sleep all the time, shivering like crazy, sore throat (inside and out), been popping Advil just so I can function. Saw a doctor today and so far it looks like a thyroid issue. I'll continue to help out the team as much as possible, but I'm sorry to say it just won't be at my past levels.
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,700 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #1: “GET WID DE BEAT”
    20 minute video-Complete

CHALLENGE #2: “TEK IT EASY MON!”
    20 minute video- Complete

Challenge #3
    I chose thyme - I had lamb burgers, the thyme boost your immunity, has more vitamin A &C, can also lower blood pressure. So delicious.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've not been very active lately. I've not felt well for several weeks - no energy, want to sleep all the time, shivering like crazy, sore throat (inside and out), been popping Advil just so I can function. Saw a doctor today and so far it looks like a thyroid issue. I'll continue to help out the team as much as possible, but I'm sorry to say it just won't be at my past levels.

So sorry you're not feeling well. Just don't push yourself beyond what's reasonable depending on how you feel. You don't want to overdo it, especially if they're not quite sure what's going on!
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options

biketheworld hope you get better soon
    x