Introduce yourself

Replies

• TaraDeNucci
    TaraDeNucci Posts: 17 Member
    Looking to lose 100+ pounds and would love support. Logging everyday (food and water) and use Fitbit to count steps. Building up to regular exercise too soon! Send a message or add me! Active every day
  • GooeyLilacBear
    GooeyLilacBear Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 36.. got really big after my last pregnancy. My kid is 4 now... I'm at a plateau halfway to my get healthy goal. Started at 242 last March. Lost 45, then got stuck there for two months. Didn't regain, but Looking to ramp up the weight loss now. It's time. I'd like to end up around 150, but that may change..

• APRocks724
    APRocks724 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey everyone! 32 yr old mom from RI here. Just starting up this process again. Beenjoy here before. have been a yoyo dieter my whole life and am really ready to make some changes. Feel free to add me as a friend or message me. I am a firm believer in supporting others.
  • janedoedont
    janedoedont Posts: 11 Member
    Hi everyone. I am 31, and am trying to take the steps to undo the damage I have done to myself over the last 18 years of my life. I quit smoking 9/30/2016, I tried to give up drinking in December, and got serious about MFP in the last throws of 2016. I'm ready. I just need some advice/encouragement to live a better life, because I literally never learned how. I have no one to talk to in my life about this (getting healthy). I currently have about 60lbs I would like to lose. Currently nursing an ankle injury that is really putting a damper on my days. Halp.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Oops I didn't see this before I posted a thread. I'll C&P here: Hi, I'm Dana - 37, married, 2 kids (12 and 15), 2 dogs and 1 cat, just living the middle years of my life :smile: I've been a member of MFP since 2011, lost weight, found it again, now I'm back!
  • LittleBeanMachine
    LittleBeanMachine Posts: 16 Member
    My name is Marlene and Ive been an on again off again dieter. In the past 10 years I gained over 130 pounds. I was mortified by this after seeing pictures of myself this Christmas. I thought about dieting but nothing came of it. Then 3 weeks later my friend died of a heart attack. She weighed almost 400 pounds, and a diabetic amputee. Seeing her mother and husband bury her changed me. I am only 33, have a family history of heart attack and diabetes....This scared me straight. I knew I could not wait another moment. I went home from her funeral and cried and had a deep talk with my partner about losing weight. We discussed meal options, googled vegetarian recipes and wrote them down for our future meals, and I came up with an exercise plan. I reloaded this app and discovered all the neat stuff you can do here for support. I've made friends on another weight loss community, but would love to make even more friends who are my age. Since then, I've stuck to eating 1150 calories/8 glasses of water, 20 mins strength training and 30 mins cardio every day. I feel like I am getting the most out of my life. I have less fibromyalgia pain. I'm battling hypothyroidism and medications which cause weight gain, making this journey 10x harder. But I can do it. I can't give up. My life depends on it.
  • cassie311
    cassie311 Posts: 16 Member
    Hello! My name is Cassie and I'm 31 years old. I've been a member for MFP off and on for several years. Finally in a good groove with it! Feel free to add me as a friend for support!
  • beccahun1
    beccahun1 Posts: 44 Member
    Hi!
    I'm Becca. 32 y/o wife & mom in Northern Alberta. I'm new to MFP, I'm a former caloriecount.com member and they are shutting everything down.
    I've lost about 30 lbs and aiming to lose another 50 over the coming months. With any lucky I can lose the bulk of that before bathing suit weather! Regardless of time frame, I'm in this for me this time!
  • lauhil
    lauhil Posts: 101 Member
    I'm 30 years old(since October of 2016) and I'm from Sarasota, Florida. I joined MFP in July of 2012,but gave up on December of 2012 and deleted my account. However,I rejoined with a new user name on July of 2016 because I missed being on here and decided to give MFP another chance now that I am 30. I have over 100 pounds to lose,and this time I am NOT going anywhere! My heath is so important. When I joined a few years ago,I was I My mid 20's.Now that I am at an age where the metabolism starts to slow down,it's time to get serious about my weight loss journey! I have been heavy most of my life. I lost weight 2 or 3 times in my life,but kept gaining it back. But no more of that! Feel free to add me!The more support I have,the better!
  • Taja985
    Taja985 Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    Hi all! My name is Tarah. I'm 31 years old. A Wife and mother of 2 handsome little boys (9 & 1yr) I am currently a stay at home mom, but hope to go back to working at least part time sometime soon! I first joined MFP a few years back but used it inconsistently. I have been doing weight watchers on and off for the last few years but again, inconsistently. I rejoined MFP because I find I do best with tracking my food. I am not looking to be super skinny but I am looking to become more active, make better food choices, and just be healthier overall and to feel a bit better in my skin. In the last 10.5 years since I met my husband, I've gained 70lbs. My ultimate goal is to lose all 70, but more importantly to have the motivation and determination to make it happen!

If anyone would like to add me as a friend for support/motivation, or to swap recipes, or exercise challenges or ideas I would love the support!
  • AveyKavy85
    AveyKavy85 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, everyone. My name is Aveline. I'm from B.C Canada. Although I am 31 (32 in May), I am completely *NEW* to the fitness world. I am ...UGH! I HATE THIS WORD, but I am *OBESE*. I weigh 265lbs, and I am down from 294lbs. So I am happy I've lst at least *SOME* weight. I've recently obtained my gym membership, and I have gradually been becoming more consistent in my workouts since receiving my gym membership only at the beginning of February. I am really just seeking like-minded people, who will encourage, support, and share their knowledge. I'm eager and committed to CHANGING MY LIFE. Thank you!!!
  • CAMOLOVELADY
    CAMOLOVELADY Posts: 34 Member
    Hi my name is Angel. I live in Ohio and am the proud mother of 3 wonderful daughters plus I have 2 beautiful step daughters. I also have 8 step grandchildren. I am 37 years old and have more physical limitations than what I would like to have especially since my youngest grandbaby is only 2 months old. I would like to be able to get down on the floor with the younger kids and am unable to at this point. I have been struggling with my weight since 2011 when my youngest daughter was born. I am looking for friends, support and any tips that I can possibly get from here. I am looking to lose about 80 lbs by the time I am done.
  • KrazedBemused
    KrazedBemused Posts: 129 Member
    edited March 2017
    Hi, I am Casey. 34 atm 35 later this year! Full time working, mother of two - 14 & 11, wife to one from Darwin, Australia. Ideally I would like to lose 10-12kg but my main aim is to get fit and strong. I love hiking and am currently in preparation/training to hike the Incan Trail in Peru next year with my husband for charity. Having previously trekked a portion of the Great Wall, I know I have to be fitter for this trek. I am currently power walking 4-5 times a week and do nearly 4hr of yoga a week. Also looking to partake in a 5K obstacle course later this year - Miss Muddy. I'm looking forward to getting to know others and offering any support I can.
  • makeida1
    makeida1 Posts: 5 Member
    Good Morning I am a mother of two, and 34 years old. I need to lose the extra weight. I want to be healthy, and sexy this summer.
  • chendu007
    chendu007 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello everyone, my name is Chendu and I live in Seattle area. I lost 40lbs in 2014 but gradually put it on back :( Now on the next effort to lose weight. I am going to Orangetheory fitness 6 days a week and have lost 10lbs. Hoping to continue the routine and diet! Would be good to meet friends in this weight loss journey!
  • Genesyxx
    Genesyxx Posts: 13 Member
    Hey all my name is Michael from the Detroit/A2 area. I'm 35, soon to be 36 in April and I'm getting married soon and starting my voyage way too late, but I'm determined not to wobble down the aisle in September. I'm trying to focus on eating right and cardio. I have some ways to go (shooting for 30 lbs) and could really use the support!
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Heyyy I'm Jay! I'm 34, which seems impossible, but it's true! I have spent most of my life in Arkansas, and, imperfect as it is, it's my home and I love it.

I've always been overweight but for some reason I'm finally ready to shed all this fat. I started on 04 February 2017 at 281.6 lbs and am already down by over 25 lbs!

I'm not gonna stop until I hit 161 lbs (I arbitrarily set that goal by averaging together several "ideal" body weights I came upon in my research)--I have no idea how long it will take, I'm trying to do this right, not quick--and then the work switches to maintenance.

Aaaanyway, glad to be in the group and excited to see everyone's progress!
  • bellesorrisa
    bellesorrisa Posts: 14 Member
    Hi! I'm Mandy. I'm 36 and live in MD. I was diagnosed with celiac disease 4 years ago and have followed a strict gluten free diet. Because of that, I'm gaining weight :( My goal is to lose 45 lbs and to tone up. I also want to get into meditation and yoga because I have a lot of stress and anxiety and would like to alleviate those in a natural way. I'm excited to be part of the MFP community!
  • itwontletmehaveaname
    itwontletmehaveaname Posts: 18 Member
    Hi Yall!

I'm Shana, 32 from Louisiana. accountant..single mom.. lover of cupcakes. i joined MFP years ago and never was really serious about losing weight til now. ready to drop 80-120 pounds and just get in shape. on a low carb, high protein diet and trying to work out daily.

add me if you want :)

Good luck!
  • disneynerd999
    disneynerd999 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi!! My name is Kristi. I've been on this journey for what feels like forever, but just recently things finally started to click and inches and pounds are being lost. I'm 33 years old and I live in Montana. I have one kiddo and I've been married for 13 years. I bounce between using this site and Sparkpeople. I exercise 5-7 days a week, just depends on the kiddos sports schedule lol. I do a little bit of everything, weights, cardio, running...... Right now I'm training for a half marathon I'm doing in November in Disneyworld.

As stated above I've been consistently working out for a while and in working with my doctor we figured out birth control was the cause of my constant weight gain instead of loss. I got off it in January and for the first time in years I feel like my efforts are paying off. Now I'm just looking for a group to help and support me in this journey.