The Truth About Exercise at a Calorie Deficit

Replies

• frankiefucocs
    frankiefucocs Posts: 2 Member

Here is my situation, my job is strenuous. I require walking up to 60 miles a week, while loading and unloading 50 lbs of fertilizer, up to 1000lb or more a day. It is never on flat ground so goings up hills with 80lbs of fert in the hopper is heart pounding. I have to keep a constant 3.5 mph to get even coverage on lawns. This is my job, there no stopping, there is no sitting on your *kitten* and exercising.

So what would you do on OMAD?, As my eating habits are very close to Omad. weight loss seems impossible
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Here is my situation, my job is strenuous. I require walking up to 60 miles a week, while loading and unloading 50 lbs of fertilizer, up to 1000lb or more a day. It is never on flat ground so goings up hills with 80lbs of fert in the hopper is heart pounding. I have to keep a constant 3.5 mph to get even coverage on lawns. This is my job, there no stopping, there is no sitting on your *kitten* and exercising.

So what would you do on OMAD?, As my eating habits are very close to Omad. weight loss seems impossible

Hi,

Interesting. I'd just take a little more time and keep track of how much I am eating, if I were you. Favor your protein over your carbs about 60/40. You should still be fine.

-Joe
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member

What's your stats? Seems like you get plenty of exercise!
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    slurio wrote: »
    If all I have to lose is 20 lb and just started OMAD, I don't exercise , will it help me ? I know it would it just makes sense that it will but it not being accompanied with exercises is not very efficient for me right?

I only have 10 pounds to lose and yes OMAD will help you. Don't worry about exercise at first, just get used to this style of eating. You don't want to overstress your system. Even though you only have 20 pounds to lose fasting has other amazing benefits. Good Luck!
  • frankiefucocs
    frankiefucocs Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2017
    5'9 at 335 lbs. for the last 6 years i have gained 10 lbs and not losing any. it is frustrating to say the least. in that time i have tried diet fads, seen 2 nutritonists, saw doctors and no one can saw what is going on with me
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    @frankiefucocs , try this. This is the basis of what this group is about. The founder, Joe, went from 360 to 190 and has maintained that range for some years.

how-to-eat-omad
  • blambo61
    @frankiefucocs
    give this a go. It's worked for folks when other things haven't!
  • janjandangin
    janjandangin Posts: 2 Member
    First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your inspiring story of your weight loss journey. As an 264 pounds overweight person myself, you have inspired me to make a change as well.

I have been following and doing OMAD for like 2 years but have not taken it seriously. Just doing it for 3 months and then fallen off the again. But I believe that failure is not the end everything unless you quit and stop. So here I am again on my 10th day of doing OMAD and I am so much determined to make it as a lifestyle not just a diet plan.
  • arguablysamson
    Welcome back, Jan!
  • blambo61
    Way to go Jan!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Start a thread jan and we'll help you stay on track :)
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    . . . and I am so much determined to make it as a lifestyle not just a diet plan.

Yes indeed!!! Welcome aboard Jan!

• LittleForestOwl
    LittleForestOwl Posts: 35 Member
    I get lots of messages from people with a sizable amount of weight to lose who are having trouble losing when they otherwise wouldn't be for mainly one simple reason--too much exercise. It is important to remember that if you have more than 50 lbs to drop, your dieting needs are different from these casual weight-losers on MFP who just want to carve off something like 5 or 25 lbs from their midsection.

The truth about exercise ....

This makes so much sense to me! I used to be a runner and my main reason for running, was to loose weight. After doing a 10k charity run, I stopped. People would ask me "why have you stopped" and I'd reply, "because I was gaining weight and I'm the only runner getting bigger". I always had a natural instinct to focus on weight loss and then incorporate exercise, but I always felt pressure to do more than my body would allow. I feel good about my OMAD journey and these threads give me more and more confidence. Thank you
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    So glad I read this thread. I suppose we are all a bit brainwashed on the exercise part since you hear the "Eat less and exercise more, get that heart rate up!", mantra your entire adult life.
  • nperry73
    nperry73 Posts: 3 Member
    Friday fit checkin: day 14
    I'm late checking in. Sorry this is so long. I won't be so long in the future. Only because this week I made an appt with a trainer friend of mine at the gym I go to,to get a body comp analysis ran on me today. The last one I had done was on 2/2/17. And this is first chance I've had away from family time since 1:00 today. Ok. So some good news and as for my omad life -ok news. But omad is still new so I'm still curious and pushing forward! So Pre fast and omad, I had joined a gym, started swimming and weekly strength training 5 days a week. But I wasn't losing weight. From feb all the way to April. No loss with all the exercise.
  • Brenda703
    Brenda703 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi everyone. I've been on OMAD before and just decided to come back because traditional diets just don't work and I can never stick to a diet anyway. I've always thought that exercising more would help you lose more but we've been brainwashed into thinking that. I noticed that when I exercise more my knees and ankles hurt and I'm 248 pounds. I have a little over 100 pounds to lose and I'm ready to stay on this OMAD Journey for good now. I fell off the bandwagon before but I believe in on it until I've reached my goal.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Welcome back Brenda :smile:
  • blambo61
    @Brenda703
    I think it is harder to lose weight while exercising heavily since it will make you really hungry. Someone 100-lbs overweight is at serious risk of injury if doing on-the-feet exercises. I would only walk slowly and probably only 3xweek max. Easy stationary biking or swimming is much more forgiving but I do think the emphasis right now for you should be just getting weight off. Good luck
  • arguablysamson
    blambo61 wrote: »
    @Brenda703
    I think it is harder to lose weight while exercising heavily since it will make you really hungry. Someone 100-lbs overweight is at serious risk of injury if doing on-the-feet exercises. I would only walk slowly and probably only 3xweek max. Easy stationary biking or swimming is much more forgiving but I do think the emphasis right now for you should be just getting weight off. Good luck

Yes, this... ^
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    I am doing 3 miles fitness walk divided in 3 times 1 mile throughout the day, I have to drop 150lbs but I can make it. OMAD is allowing me to recover much faster from that exercise (2 years ago I did it but was totally wacked afterwards, not now)... I have been too sedentary and now I find I can make it plus OMAD.. still its not heavy exercise its reasonable...