WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Replies

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Next to the dermatologic surgery was the plastic surgery. I told my husband the dermatology people gave him a left brow lift for FREE! He gave me this look..
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Oh Charleen, that is so beautiful, it is so pleasing to the eyes and soul!
    Sarah
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    The gym itself does not play music. People are expected to use headphones and the words across the bottom of the TV screen (what is that called? its driving me crazy that I can't remember the correct term). Sometimes our class instructor plays music but it is oldies or beach music, nothing offensive.

Closed Captioning? I think that is it...
  • IremiaRe
    suebdew wrote: »
    Can someone tell me how to use the quote, insightful, inspiring, like, and awesome icons?
    Sue again

Just click on whatever word you want to use... quote will throw the text into the reply box - you just go to the end and start typing your response.

The others will just throw a number in the symbol beside the word... each person that clicks adds another number... and if they have their notifications set up for it, the person gets an e-mail saying you clicked "like" or something like that.

Hugs!
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Kate UK <3
  • IremiaRe
    Hello Bodacious Babes!

I went to the Ortho for a follow up today... Seriously not sure why I bothered... Bless his heart. I sat in the waiting room for an HOUR - and then he spent a sum total of five minutes with me...

He glanced at the knee... asked me how it was doing... I swear, it would have been TWO minutes - except I told him I wanted to try the gel shots - and it took him a couple of minutes to type up some notes and explain that they would have to get prior approval from the insurance company for the shots.

I took a day off PT for THAT? >:) The one useful bit of information that the Doc did impart was to confirm that the VERY most important thing for me to do in PT is to strengthen my quads... so MORE WALL SQUATS! *oh joy, oh rapture...*

I just hope that the gel shot appointments don't keep me waiting in the lobby for an hour each time! I am HOPING that I can just check in - go over to PT and then be called back to the office when they are actually ready to put me into the little room...

Oh well - the insurance company isn't happy unless a doctor has given his proper blessing - so, we shall see what transpires.

Nothing much going on - except a lot of work... I am getting into the swing of all the new things - so that's good.

I do have a four day weekend, this weekend - I try to spread my vacation out over the year so I never have months and months and months of unending drudgery - so don't panic if I am AWOL. I am notoriously bad about checking in from home... there is just ALWAYS something that needs doing there... and tomorrow is JAMMIE DAY! What a fantastic way to kick off a long weekend.

DH is all excited because we get to hit the pool for four days instead of just two. I am too. Love that swimming stuff - and it's just so darned good for me... AND, better still, after we finish with the exercise portion of our program, we get to lounge in the hot tub! That right there is worth the price of admission!

I did have a nice chat with SueBDew yesterday... Sorry, SueBee for calling during your dinner!! I forget that normal humans eat round 6pm... lol. My whole schedule is skewed around my working from 11:30am to 8:30pm. For me, 9:30-10 is dinner time. Bedtime is round 1-2am. I am a night-owl, though, so that schedule totally suits me. I hope they allow me to keep working it, forever and ever. :p

I also hope that you feel a whole lot better, Sue! I agree that we are going to have to set up a MFP coffee clatch in North Texas one of these days. I am sure we could invade a Starbucks, or a Denny's or something for a couple of hours and have a grand old gab. Maybe the next time Rori passes through... lol. I swear she's our social butterfly.

Well, I am going to get the last "stuff" done so I can head out. DH and I are going to the gym, tonight - since I couldn't get in any exercise before my fabulous appointment... and darn it, I like food too much to live on 1400 calories a day! I figure it's WELL worth 30 minutes of sweat to be able to bank another 400 calories of deliciousness.

Loving all the pictures, y'all... Babies and Puppies and Quilts! Oh my...

Hugs for Everybody!

Re in TX
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,722 Member
    Charleen ... thank you for posting it again ... absolutely beautiful and worthy of all the accolades!

Beth
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    Eee
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Heather: Edible diamonds...who knew :). Thanks for the tip!

Carol: So sorry about your son's friend

Charleen: Spectacular!!!

Sarah: It's always difficult to move on. Your new project sounds very interesting. Please keep us up to date on how it unfolds.

Kelly: Your ability to flip things over is fantastic...thank you for sharing what a great stress reduction technique!

Michele: So glad you are enjoying Florida :)

Carey - Northern Alberta
    "The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 13.39min, 12.9amph, 141mhr, 2.9mi = 113c
    apple watch- 102c
    0 runner- 50min, 117mhr, 33avlength, 9avheight, 102avcadence, 11.54min mi, 3.99mi = 277c
    apple watch- 238c
    bike ride gym 2 dome train station- 6.50min, 141mhr, 12.4amph, 1.4mi = 71c
    apple watch- 57c
    jog station 2 wk- 5.13min, 10.22min mi, 171mhr, .5mi = 44c
    apple watch- 53c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.53min, 10.12min mi, 148mhr, .4mi = 59c
    apple watch- 58c 53c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 20.33min, 7.6amph, 148mhr, 2.6mi = 218c
    apple watch- 164c

total cal 782
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Charleen - Thank you for posting picture of your quilt. It is beautiful - you have so much talent.

Hugs to all

Paula Y
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    BETH,bundle up! High tomor in the 30's ....Brrrr
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

Joyce, that is so wonderful that your nephews have been able to stay clean. That is something to celebrate.

Ginger, I find that when I am cleaning up the kitchen and putting food away, I somehow have to sample the things that DH eats and I avoid. Yes a taste is better than a serving but those calories count. Ppffttt

Karen, such good news about Olivia. And another wonderful picture.

Kate, good for you on speaking up to the “jerk” at the gym. That is no place for music with offensive language. I can’t believe the gym allows someone to play music without headsets on.

Rori, you shouldn’t have told Mars that the clocks were going to change. LOL

Chris, a huge congrats on the size 4 pants. Not sure I could get my ankle in those. That is a wonderful victory and worth celebrating.

Toni, that is wonderful that your DH is trying to make changes to help you feel less anxious. That is a huge step in the right direction. Good luck.

Beth, I hope the winds are over and glad you stayed safe.

Charlene, *dancing* for you in congratulating you on the Quilt finals. Way to go!!! funny-dancing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Katla, glad your DH’s eye surgery went well. I know you are glad it’s over.

Pat, good to hear from you. Sorry you’ve had a case of the "miseries". Cute pic of your grand and the dog. Feel better soon.

Lisa, it bugs me that the doctor’s office not only weighs our clothes but our shoes even. I mean what is that about?? LOL Glad Corey is doing better.

Carey, that really makes me feel old when you talk about planning your parents’ 60th anniversary because next year will be my 50th. OMG I remember when I thought someone married that long must be ancient.

Lanette, I hope you fill that date book with stickers. Go girl.

Kate, glad to hear you are feeling better.

Rita, the unknown and uncertainty is not fun for anyone. Just take it one day at a time and like you said, it will work out. (((Hugs)))

CarolGA, that is soooo sad about your son’s friend. And his poor girlfriend. I have often said that we never know what demons some people carry with them.

Sue, so glad you are well enough to be home and hope you feel much better each day. Right now gaining a few pounds isn’t as important as getting healthy. Please take care. (((Hugs)))

Yvonne, oh how I would love some open windows with the weather we’ve been having but the pollen is just too thick to even consider it. As it is I’m vacuuming every day or two just to try to breathe.

Kelly, great job “flipping” and can’t wait to hear all about the kitchen remodel. Lol

Beth, so sorry to hear you are still powerless. Those were some bad storms.

Cathy, since I retired I don’t wear make-up unless I’m going somewhere. I also don’t wear a bra unless I’m going out of the house or someone is coming over. When I get home from going out I often change into my pj’s. I love retirement. LOL

Karen, what a great picture of Katie and Olivia. So glad they are in a regular room now.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I leave very early in the morning for the State Moose Convention so I have to get to bed. I’ll read as much as I can while I am there and should be back on regular schedule Monday.
    Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,722 Member
    edited March 2017
    Cathy ... I'm in Orchard Park and my older son is in East Aurora.

Karen ... Katie is looking progressively happier in each photo ... which means Olivia is doing better.

I have no idea what the doctor has against meat. He is an odd duck and I've told my DH I will never use him as my physician. He is frighteningly skeletal looking! :D

Beth near Buffalo (aka Orchard Park)