TEAM TWO

Replies

• Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Happy Belated Birthday @jamaicanlady !!! So glad we could travel to Jamaica for your birthday!!!

I'm so sad to see us in last place, with so many blanks :'(
  • kimmy5280
    kimmy5280 Posts: 367 Member
    Challenge #3
    I used Nutmeg
    I made the most delicious smoothie, that wasn't dessert but tasted a bit like pumpkin pie. I blended 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder, 1/2 frozen banana, 1/4 can pumpkin purée, cinnamon, NUTMEG, 1 cup unsweetened, vanilla almond milk. My smoothie was a very tasty treat and I will make this again and again.

Tonight I'm making stir fry and I'll add ginger for extra credit
  • kimmy5280
    kimmy5280 Posts: 367 Member
    Soulfood77 wrote: »
    Just finished challenge 2 - I really enjoyed that video! Hard to believe it's the same gal that made us do that horrible seated workout lol. Definitely the same dog though.

I think I will come back to this video in the future!

I didn't like the seated video either and I did it in the car. We were in Florida and I didn't have much time for the videos. On our drive from Key West to Miami I sat in the backseat for part of the drive and did the video. My husband thinks I'm nuts. I do like her cute French bulldog
  • 135terry
    135terry Posts: 432 Member
    Challeng 3

I used ginger. I added grated ginger to a half a squeezed lemon and a tsp of manukau honey and hot water. Manuka honey is from New Zealand and is known for its healing properties and I thought this may help me with my cold. The drink is soothing and I think it is helping with the cold symptoms.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I failed to reapply sunscreen, so I got my first sunburn of the year while out mountain biking. And I almost crashed. It's a gorgeous day today, but I really hate sunburns...and crashing!

tr9nylzncdkt.jpg
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Challenge 1& 2 done today added extra miles to my already busy work out schedule
    Challenge #3
    I choose nutmeg in my oatmeal every morning with week it has many health benefits I really liked it with the cinnamon & walnuts liked it so much at it everyday for snack @ 10 am. Yummy
  • Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 399 Member
    Finished all 3 challenges and worked out to the reggae video #2. Too many ankle twists for me at this point, but I moved along best I could. Then did the rest day stretch video. I had been in a fairly depressed mood for the last few days and getting a workout in helped a lot. Of course we all know this, why is it so hard to break the lethargy that occasionally sets in?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    edited March 2017
    Cindyk4919 wrote: »
    Finished all 3 challenges and worked out to the reggae video #2. Too many ankle twists for me at this point, but I moved along best I could. Then did the rest day stretch video. I had been in a fairly depressed mood for the last few days and getting a workout in helped a lot. Of course we all know this, why is it so hard to break the lethargy that occasionally sets in?

It's physics. Newton's First Law of Motion: "An object at rest will stay at rest unless a force acts upon it." You just need a little push, that's all. ;)

But seriously, I think we've all been there. When you've got the momentum it's easier to just keep going. But once you stop doing things, or something stops you - bad weather, injury, personal problems, etc. - you seem to get stuck in a rut. It takes more energy to get started again after some time off. You just need the force to help you get going. That's the tough part - getting started. Once you get going and in the habit of it, it gets easier to keep it up. It's kind of like me getting myself to the gym in the dead of winter. The hardest part is getting myself to show up. But once I'm there and gotten started, I'm rocking it. :D
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,248 Member
    CHALLENGE #3
    I made scrambled eggs with thyme
    I try to eat eggs a few times a week because they are filling and adding thyme was a nice treat.
    I usually only use thyme for my Thanksgiving stuffing so this was different.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Sorry for the delay but I finally finished Challenge 1 & 2!!

I opted for the second video in Challenge 1!
  • Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Challenge #3 - (easy one for me)...I LOVE Jamaican spices!! Jamaican Jerk...my absolute Favorite...spice it up! On my honeymoon a million years ago I had Jerk chicken in St. Lucia...never looked back...yummy!!

Challenge #3 - Made Skewer Shimp w/ peppers and pineapple with Jamaican Jerk Seasoning I bought...didn't have any of the spices in it that were listed so I added McCormicks Caribbean Jerk to it which had (More red pepper) Thyme & Allspice...Loved It!!...Definitely had a cayenne pepper kick though!!! I could eat that all day long!!

Also added some nutmeg in my morning tea (not really tea...) lemon juice, water, cinnamon and cayenne pepper, dab of honey...the nutmeg addition was pretty good...just gave it a little added flavor.
  • Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 399 Member
    I walked- yea! Pain level low. Distance 2.67 miles. Speed started out at 3.1 mph, but slowed down and limped a bit towards the end....but I walked! Happy dance :smiley:
  • Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY @jamaicanlady!! I hope you have a fabulous day!! And even if you did enjoy the eating on your birthday you should be pretty proud you got in the workout too!!! So Good For You!!!

@jenilla1...great run...but no bragging about your spring weather...it was 45 and windy and rainy all day here! YUCK!! I am SO ready for spring!!!!

And I saw some of those comments on the sitting workout...while they aren't that much fun...keep them in mind! They saved me from becoming completely immobile when I tore my Achilles tendon and again when I broke my ankle. They Are a Fabulous Option when you can't do the norm...I was ready to give up till someone suggested them to me...I never knew...

@Aprilstar480...HEY THERE!! Yeah I was stoked to see you on my team! I wish I was more active on here over the last couple weeks and seen you but still stoked! Yeah I Love some of the creative dance videos!!! The kickboxing ones from a couple weeks ago... How Fun and Clever to incorporate dance and kickboxing...those were some of my favorite so far - but I've enjoyed most all of the dancey ones....And I have been really thinking about trying to get another challenge going...I've just been out of touch for so long I wanted to get my feet wet in someone elses...and hopefully haven't lost touch with everyone who did them - and this challenge has been really COOL!! I've learned so much...I love reading through all the pics and videos!
  • Annampea
    Annampea Posts: 65 Member
    Challenge #3
    I added thyme to my italian beef in the crock pot this week.
    I liked the flavor, it went well with the kick of pepperocini.
    I will definitely continue to make this the same in the future.
  • Annampea
    Sorry I have been MIA on the spreadsheet, there have been a lot of obligations for my family this week. The positive side of yesterday is that I hiked outside for five miles while watching my two scout kids participate in the Klondike competition. The temperatures stayed between 30-35 so it felt quite chilly to stand still, but great when moving.
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,248 Member
    Hi Everyone-

Finally finished my challenges.
    For Challenge #1 I did the 2nd video and I just finished the Challenge #2 video.
    That was relaxing.

Hope everyone gets them done.
    We are in 5th place this week!
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Thank u @energyseeker, @lbenson2006, @jenilla1 (that cakes looks DELICIOUS), @Joanna2012B, @Sheri869 for the birthday greetings. Thank God I only have 1 a year though because it seems I lost my d*mn mind right after. For the past 3 days I've been overindulging, eating non stop junk and skimping on exercise. (Part of it was birthday stuff, part of it was dealing with some stress I'll be facing pretty soon, will talk about it in my next post because the baby is hollering so neeed to type this quickly). But it ends today. My weight has gone up and that's no good if I'm going to be fitting into a bikini this summer. Going to add my minutes to spreadsheet in a few.

@tinacuso 5th place?? Not cool! I know I'm partly to blame. I promise to pull up my socks in the coming week. For those who have not added their minutes and challenge points yet, get 'er done quickly before the deadline!
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    CHALLENGE #3
    I used NUTMEG in my oats porridge.
    I use all the other seasonings daily, but nutmeg I hardly use so I decided to use it to spice up my oats porridge. I may have used too much though because the taste was a bit strong. I will use it again but much less next time.
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Well I've had a couple cruddy days workout wise. I've decided when I work late during the week that Friday will be a skip day so I can do paychecks for my husband's company that morning. As for Saturday and Sunday, just couldn't get up early enough then had to work most of the day. I'm glad I got the challenges done early and an adequate amount of minutes in prior to that. Hopefully next week will be better!!
  • Annampea
    I completed the challenges, I don't want to let the team down.