I just gotta say it . I flipping hate washing my hair so much

Fai30
Fai30 Posts: 20 Member
I am so sick of having to wash my hair air often because it gets so sweaty.

And you know . Being frank. It doesn't end there.

It's also the 1+ hr of blow-dry and style ...

I hate that.

Anyone else feel me ?

Replies

• km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Yaaas. I had thick hair down to my *kitten* and dreaded washing it. Easily took 45+ minutes. Got it cut to little below shoulder length, now it takes like 15 minutes to wash. Love it.
  • littlebabekitty
    littlebabekitty Posts: 384 Member
    I onlywash my hair once a week and i just let it air dry then apply my hair lotion. I comb and brush before bed and when i wake up. No blow dry. Its too much work and i have kids. I want to try buying the blowdey brush for those special days.
  • VintageMary
    VintageMary Posts: 1 Member
    I also hate washing/drying/styling my hair every day, (I have hair well past my shoulders) and heard washing every day is not supposed to be good for your hair. Try washing only every 2nd or 3rd day and use a dry shampoo in between. I find it works well for me anyhoo.
  • LisaEatSleepRun
    LisaEatSleepRun Posts: 159 Member
    I run almost every day so can't avoid washing it almost every day! It is a pain, but I guess it's about choices. I would rather be fit, healthy and active and deal with washing my hair daily than sedentary and overweight like I was and only have to wash it couple of times a week!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    All silver here, way past my shoulders... non sweatier days mine gets dry shampoo and put up in some fashion. No way can I let mine air dry or I would be a a puffy poodle.

Embrace it or cut it.
  • merrysailor88
    merrysailor88 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I wash and condition mine everyday but skip the drying and blowing out. I just throw some gel or moose in it and let it go crazy.
  • IslaTiempo
    IslaTiempo Posts: 530 Member
    I have to do my hair mostly everyday for work reasons.. but Meh.. I'm used to it.

Your hair is so pretty! Embrace the hair!!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    I rinse my hair with water every day and leave it to air dry

Once in a while I'll rinse with apple cider vinegar

I'm lazy af
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Lol I never style or dry it... I just let it hair dry.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Yep, I have to wash mine after every workout cause I get so sweaty and gross. So 6 days a week. I just clip it up with one of those claw things and some bobby pins. I blow dry and curl for nice occasions.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Fai30 wrote: »

I hate that.

Anyone else feel me ?

Not me. I wash it every other day. Let it air dry and don't style it much beyond brushing unless it is a special occasion.
    It may be time for a different haircut/style for you. Have you ever had short hair?
  • PersianKitty94
    PersianKitty94 Posts: 623 Member
    I wash my hair once or twice a week. I let it air dry overnight. Then I straighten it or just leave it unstyled for a week or until oily, whichever comes first.
  • westieNZ1962
    westieNZ1962 Posts: 1 Member
    Wish I had hair to wash :(
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    edited March 2017
    Oh I am with you on that.. I've got thick curly hair and it takes forever to get it done. But cause it's so curly it doesn't get fatty so I can get away with washing it 2-3 times per week.. Depends on how sweaty I get during practice
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Fai30 wrote: »

I hate that.

Anyone else feel me ?

I'd echoed your feelings for some years, until I'd experienced customary hair cutting during two periods of mourning, which were extremely short (hip length to 2 inches length; regrew to mid back then cut to 2 inches) as a show of respect. Having to nurture a rather difficult hair texture to finally reach its full length is far more painful for me - it takes years to grow to a workable length. All those times when I'd hated the protocols are non-issues today.

I avoid heat with my hair for obvious reasons. Post workouts I thoroughly power-rinse my hair/scalp with cold water and shikakai powder. Preferred drying method - Air drying. Whilst it is still damp I'll add my leave-in hair conditioner, a loose plait or bun and I'm done.
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    All I do is rinse most days, to deal with the sweat, only wash twice a week, of course I have short straight hair. Can you do anything with curlers?
  • try_harderG
    try_harderG Posts: 626 Member
    I have a head of hair like an egg...