FAIL

Options
2»

Replies

• HlthDtour
    HlthDtour Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    As long as you have a off day or a off meal it isn't a failure. I believe it is when you dwell on it and beat yourself up about it that you set yourself up for guilt. Welcome to being human. Try your best and string the success' together. Add one good habit today, add one tomorrow to make two, add another the next day to make three...and so on. Best of luck!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    lady_ghost wrote: »
    Encouragement won't help you now. Regroup, rethink. Don't hop on and off wagons. Don't make a plan you can only hope sticking to. That is exactly how you set yourself up for failure.

Terrible advice

Please expand!
  • AndraMW
    AndraMW Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Today is a new day!

How much weight do you have to lose total and what's your weekly weight loss goal set to?

Thank you. Things have been going well. Sometimes life/kids can be overwhelming. I was wallowing in self pity. I have lost 10 lbs in 5 days. I want to lose about 50 more.
  • AndraMW
    Options
    Get rid of the wagon and just make it up as you go along. That's what I do.

I let my self pity get the better of me.
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    you never fail untill you quit ,, hang in there
  • AndraMW
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    You will not have a perfect deficit every day. Some days you will eat at maintenance. Some days you may go over. One day over will do little damage if you consistently have a deficit.
    Don't get dramatic about it. Log and move on.
    If it is happening a lot look hard at your plan. Maybe you need to eat more protein, fiber or fats to feel satisfied. Maybe you need to incorporate more foods you like instead of completely changing your diet. Maybe your calorie goal is set too low/aggressive and you need to raise it to something more manageable.

Just let life get me down. Otherwise happened. It wasn't about a day otmr a meal, it was about a lot of different things.
  • AndraMW
    Options
    red99ryder wrote: »
    you never fail untill you quit ,, hang in there

Thank you
  • AndraMW
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I was feeling sorry for myself and didn't feel like I wanted to get back at it. But now that I have, I feel amazing! I lost 10lbs in 5 days and feel energized. Sure I struggle, bit I remember the me that has done this before, and can do it again. Kind words can be some of the best motivation when you feel down on yourself. So thank you everyone for the kind words :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    lady_ghost wrote: »
    Encouragement won't help you now. Regroup, rethink. Don't hop on and off wagons. Don't make a plan you can only hope sticking to. That is exactly how you set yourself up for failure.

Terrible advice

I don't think it's terrible advice. I think it's being real. I'm not sure if it applies to the OP, but I know it's true for a lot of people!

You shouldn't set goals you have a good chance of not hitting, or use complicated and unsustainable methods to get there. The more you struggle, the more setbacks you have, the more likely you are to burn out. You should set yourself up for success by developing realistic plans that you know you can manage. Sure, you'll have a rough day here and there, but for the most part it's a plan you can stick to long-term. You start small (keep it simple) and then build on your successes. After awhile, you've grown confident and you know what works. That's when you can do anything! A lot of people set themselves up for failure by being too aggressive, too restrictive, too ambitious. You shouldn't be hoping you can meet your goals. You should be confident that you are well on your way.

Successful people don't say, "I hope I can do this." They say, "I'm doing this," and they create a manageable, reasonable strategy and they do it. And they don't have to be perfect. They just have to get it done. They don't make things harder or more complicated than they need to be. They set themselves up for the win. There will always be bumps along the way, but they'll stay the course and keep moving forward.

If you set yourself up for the long-term win, you won't have to keep falling off the wagon because it will be easier just to stay on it. You got this, OP! :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Today is a new day!

How much weight do you have to lose total and what's your weekly weight loss goal set to?

...I have lost 10 lbs in 5 days. I want to lose about 50 more.

That's very aggressive. I'm not sure how sustainable that is. You have to be doing some really extreme stuff to be getting those numbers. I wouldn't blame you for burning out. I certainly would. It will take longer to get to goal if you slow down your loss, but it will be more manageable, healthier, and you'll be more likely to keep it off permanently (plus have more fun learning healthy habits) if you take your time. It took me a 4 or 5 months to lose 20 pounds, but I've kept it off easily for over 5 years. Slow and steady!
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    You can never fail if you keep on trying