Moms are great!

JLAJ81
JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
I'm feeling the feels today and want to know what everyone's fondest memories of their mom is. Or just a memory of their mom that sticks out.

I remember once when I was a little boy, elementary age, I wanted a candy bar in line at the grocery store. My mom said I couldn't have it. So me being me i grabbed it, opened it and took a bite. Thinking if it's open she would now have to buy it for me. Well she did buy it. She bought it and ate it in front of me. I learned two things that day, you don't steal and two when my mom says no she means no.

Replies

• KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    All I got is when I was real young we were going to church and she wore this peach colored high collar, long sleeved, floor length, all lace dress and I remember thinking my mom was beautiful and I always thought that growing up. I'd always be in her room trying on that same dress but I was always too short.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    My Mom,, such a very special Lady to me,
    Has always been there for me,,always there to help,,
    So many Memories that are wonderful and heart warming.
    She may be a bit crazy at times and get on my nerves occasionally.

I Love My Mom
  • socalrock
    socalrock Posts: 90 Member
    Me and my mom went to a summer camp when I was a kid, I was a camper and she was staff, campers stayed in cabins with their dorm members, staff stayed in tents. I knew my mom didnt like camping but was glad she was doing it, the last night there was a bad rainstorm, and the next morning all the other tent-staying staff members went to the breakfast hall looking rough and tired, and my mom strolls in with prefectly done hair and makeup looking rested........she checked into a hotel!! love that panzy :smile:
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,230 Member
    I'm a 69 yo grandfather but I still remember seeing my Mom come out in the yard and do a cartwheel when I was young! I remember being shocked that she could do that.

She was probably about 100# and was Mom to six of us!
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member

The most peaceful I have is from when I was 3 years-old. Simply of me and her sitting on the back of a truck tailgate in the sunny summertime listening to Carly Simon's song "Jessie."

To this day, I think of her anytime I hear it. I bought it and made it her ringtone. I'm sure we listened to other music that day but for some reason that song reminds me of my mom, summer, and peaceful quiet time.
  • Pamela_43
    Pamela_43 Posts: 315 Member
    These stories are awesome! I have tried to be the kind of mom that one day my kids have these stories! <3
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Sitting on the floor in front of my mom while she braided my hair.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    I have alot of fun memories with my mom.
    One that sticks out is....
    Usually we would go to Lake Tahoe in the winter to snow ski. But the time we went together in the summer, we made a deal. She promised if I went shopping everywhere she wanted to go, that she would do the fun thing I wanted to do. So we went horseback riding at the Squaw Valley Stables at the Olympic Village together. :)