Your Daily Beverages

Replies

• stevencurrier
    stevencurrier Posts: 3 Member
    coffee with 2 splenders 1 to 2 diet sodas 3 to 4 teas with splander
  • Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    edited January 2017
    Sparkling water with a tiny slice of lime and half a tsp stevia (under 3 calories altogether), it tastes like a cocktail to me :wink:
  • Mom2annie
    Mom2annie Posts: 177 Member
    I have a hard time getting a lot of water down if it's cold. Room temp water is much easier for me.

About fake sweeteners...they can, theoretically, trigger an insulin response, right? I feel like they do for me...and they give me headaches. I had to drink a citric acid solution for a lab test today and it completely ruined my fast. I quickly became ravenous, jittery, and my head was pounding. It was sweetened with aspartame...zero calories.
  • Mom2annie
    am - Coffee w half and Half-
    I'm doing green tea w stevia...the aftertaste kind of gets to me after 2 cups
    noon- Whey protein drink
    night- red wine w my meal

There's a whey protein drink that won't break your fast?
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Mom2annie wrote: »
    I have a hard time getting a lot of water down if it's cold. Room temp water is much easier for me.

About fake sweeteners...they can, theoretically, trigger an insulin response, right? I feel like they do for me...and they give me headaches. I had to drink a citric acid solution for a lab test today and it completely ruined my fast. I quickly became ravenous, jittery, and my head was pounding. It was sweetened with aspartame...zero calories.

That is rare. And it may be an allergy rather than an insulin reaction. Head pounding is the biggest indicator of an allergy, too. Classic aspartame allergic reaction.

Any protein drinks I've ever run across WILL break a fast and WILL elicit an insulin response.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Jason Fung talks a bit in his book The Obesity Epidemic about the effects of artificial sweetners on insulin.
  • Mom2annie
    I'm having a hard time getting enough water in. Do we get to count tea as water? What about water that is added to a smoothie? Or water used to make coffee... I spend half my day in the office bathroom (it seems) just trying to get the standard 8 cups in and I've read that I'm supposed to have more than 8.
  • JQ1975
    JQ1975 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! Just joined but have been reading for a couple of days.... I noticed @arguablysamson posted a cup of cranberry juice.....is it b/c you're not really trying to lose anymore? ....am i wrong in assuming that would break my fast? I'm trying to make sure I get all the rules right in my head before giving OMAD a good shot this week :) thanks!
  • arguablysamson
    I'm having a hard time getting enough water in. Do we get to count tea as water? What about water that is added to a smoothie? Or water used to make coffee... I spend half my day in the office bathroom (it seems) just trying to get the standard 8 cups in and I've read that I'm supposed to have more than 8.

That is incorrect. Drink just a touch more than you are thirsty for. The 8 cups thing is a myth. And too much fluid removes minerals.
  • arguablysamson
    JQ1975 wrote: »
    Hi! Just joined but have been reading for a couple of days.... I noticed @arguablysamson posted a cup of cranberry juice.....is it b/c you're not really trying to lose anymore? ....am i wrong in assuming that would break my fast? I'm trying to make sure I get all the rules right in my head before giving OMAD a good shot this week :) thanks!

Any juice is an at-meal beverage.
  • Mom2annie

That is incorrect. Drink just a touch more than you are thirsty for. The 8 cups thing is a myth. And too much fluid removes minerals.

Thank you so much. I drank a gallon of water/green tea Thursday and Friday. I felt terrible all weekend...bad headache and no energy. I was aiming for the "half your weight in ounces" which is more than a gallon a day for me. I had no idea that was a myth.

One more thing, in one of your videos, you mentioned combining ACV with "preferably grape juice." Is that for the benefits of grape juice, to make the ACV more palatable, or just your preference? I've always heard that drinking typical bottled fruit juice is like drinking sugar water.
  • arguablysamson

Thank you so much. I drank a gallon of water/green tea Thursday and Friday. I felt terrible all weekend...bad headache and no energy. I was aiming for the "half your weight in ounces" which is more than a gallon a day for me. I had no idea that was a myth.

One more thing, in one of your videos, you mentioned combining ACV with "preferably grape juice." Is that for the benefits of grape juice, to make the ACV more palatable, or just your preference? I've always heard that drinking typical bottled fruit juice is like drinking sugar water.

Just a preference. No worries at all.
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    xavcs15stj1j.jpg

I drink hot tea all day long and love it! Peppermint and Sweet & Spicy tea are my favorite!
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    fg77w6djvgmc.jpg

Have a coffee/tea cabinet? What does it look like? Here is ours!
  • KetoKaHee
    leveejohn wrote: »
    fg77w6djvgmc.jpg

Have a coffee/tea cabinet? What does it look like? Here is ours!

Dang!! That's impressive! I'm stocking up at the store...
    tclfc063m5gt.jpg
  • arguablysamson
    Now there is a man who is SERIOUS about his teas!!!!!
  • leveejohn
    Now there is a man who is SERIOUS about his teas!!!!!

well, a man, a wife, and two daughters worth, but yeah . . . ;) That's the 'collective' coffee/tea cabinet.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited March 2017
    @leveejohn OMG!!! That's A LOT!!!

Here's what I drink, It's called Chaga Tea :)
    I don't keep it in a cupboard, I keep it in the freezer till I'm ready to brew it and then it goes in the fridge and I drink it cold :)
    rax5n606igsu.jpg
  • leveejohn
    @leveejohn OMG!!! That's A LOT!!!

Here's what I drink, It's called Chaga Tea :)
    I don't keep it in a cupboard, I keep it in the freezer till I'm ready to brew it and then it goes in the fridge and I drink it cold :)
    . . . in a Christmas cup . . .
  • KetoKaHee
    Do you guys take Apple Cider Vinegar (1-2 tablespoons). I just started mixing it with water and my magnesium supplement which is in powder form. I have read some good things about it!