KaHee's Journey of Self-Love & OMAD

KetoKaHee
KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
We all can be so hard on ourselves. It is so easy to pinch our fat, look in the mirror and just be discouraged because we haven't hit our goal yet. How many times have we tried a diet or start a workout routine to just feel defeated 2-3 weeks later. Well, unfortunately progress takes time and being patient is hard when you have spent so many years being unhappy.

I tried on a pair of jeans this morning and I felt like a stuff sausage. It really made me upset because I have been doing so well and they used to fit and now I can barely squeeze my thighs in them. All the self-hate and negative self talk started to roll in...."You are never going to get to your goal"..."Why do you try so hard, nothing is going to work".... But then I stopped it! I didn't want to go down that road and have that ugly cycle of self-hate ruin what I have accomplished so far.

I know if I want to change I need to stop being so hard on myself. I think everyone should give themselves a break and acknowledge their good traits instead of focusing on things that will only stall their progress.

I'm going to state 3 things that I love about myself and if you feel up to it I hope you follow my lead!

#1 I love the fact that no matter what if I fail one day, I pick myself up and keep trying!

#2 I love the fact I have an internal desire to help others

#3 I love the fact that I have curves....if you didn't know....bootys are so in!

Replies

• leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    I love that I'm in contact with people who ask questions like this and make me wonder "Why am I blanking out . . .?" Hmmmm, gotta ponder that some.
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    I love how I can stay positive 95% of the time
    I love my ability to google everything while still seeming smart
    I love my "make something from nothing" cooking skills
  • KetoKaHee
    dajoloehr wrote: »
    I love how I can stay positive 95% of the time
    I love my ability to google everything while still seeming smart
    I love my "make something from nothing" cooking skills

I LOVE it!!! I have seen your food posts and your meals do look delicious!! Thanks you so much for participating!
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    I love that I can see the good in most things

I love that my 14 year old daughter works out with me

I love that women have curves...I know...bootys are so in!
  • KetoKaHee
    Vanguard1 wrote: »
    I love that I can see the good in most things

I love that my 14 year old daughter works out with me

I love that women have curves...I know...bootys are so in!

Awesome!! I think that is great your daughter trains with you! She is definitely picking up healthy habits from you!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    #1...I love that I'm healthier and smaller than I was 6 months ago <3

#2...I love that I can bend over and tie my shoes without getting out of breath <3

#3...I love that for the first time ever I've finally figured out a plan (OMAD) that I'm going to stick to for the rest of my life <3
  • leveejohn
    I love that I am still able to learn and hopefully grow
    I love that I can focus on what is important, and not allow unimportant things to get under my skin
    I love that I am finally learning life balance
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I concur with and love that I can tie my shoes without having to hold my breath!
  • KetoKaHee
    #1...I love that I'm healthier and smaller than I was 6 months ago <3

#2...I love that I can bend over and tie my shoes without getting out of breath <3

#3...I love that for the first time ever I've finally figured out a plan (OMAD) that I'm going to stick to for the rest of my life <3

Yes! Yes! Yes! You are doing amazing and what great accomplishments you have achieved!
  • KetoKaHee
    leveejohn wrote: »
    I love that I am still able to learn and hopefully grow
    I love that I can focus on what is important, and not allow unimportant things to get under my skin
    I love that I am finally learning life balance

I think focusing on the important things is key! Don't sweat the small stuff!
  • KetoKaHee
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I concur with and love that I can tie my shoes without having to hold my breath!

Awesome!!
  • KetoKaHee
    It's close to 2am and my stomach woke me up. I had to move my eating window to 2pm instead of my usual time 6:15pm due to a lunch date. I wasn't able to get enough food in at lunch and now I'm paying for it. I just broke my fast a second time which I'm fine with, however,I just wish I wasn't so stubborn and had a snack earlier instead of it ruining my sleep. This is my first weekend on OMAD and the struggle is real!
  • leveejohn
    Weekends are tough! Some have had success with taking a tsp of coconut oil to calm the hunger pangs.
  • Mom2annie
    Mom2annie Posts: 177 Member
    OMAD + weekend is really hard! I'm hoping it gets easier over time.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I have a hard time on the weekends too and that's why I make one of the days a splurge day :)
  • KetoKaHee
    I love the splurge day idea. It helps getting through the week knowing you get a REWARD meal(s). I have decided to eat lunch/dinner on the weekends. It is too hard socializing and spending time with my fiance to not partake. But I still get a 18-20 hour fast both days which I think is great!

Thanks for the suggestions, support and ideas!!
  • MandyxSchmitz
    MandyxSchmitz Posts: 29 Member
    I know how sucky weekends are. I second making one of the days a splurge day. You're doing awesome! :smile:
  • KetoKaHee
    I know how sucky weekends are. I second making one of the days a splurge day. You're doing awesome! :smile:

Ahhhh!! Thank you! Yes, having a splurge day is keeping my sanity ha!
  • KetoKaHee
    I woke up at 4:30am this morning with lots of energy so I headed to the gym at 5am and got a great workout in! Towards the end of the day I became tired and really hungry. I think it's safe to say I experienced "true" hunger. I finally ate my OMAD and it was simple, delicious and very satisfying. Normally I eat much more and stuff myself. Even though I was really hungry due to training earlier my appetite has decreased. Little by little it's getting better!
  • KetoKaHee