I so need the motivation!

Hi All!

I work out here & there but most times I come home from work feeling drained and just need a nap. I go to bed late and wake up early. I take multivitamins and some B12 but sometimes it's not enough. Any tips?

I'm 41 year old dude...people think I'm in my late 20s (which is awesome) but I need to rock this body!!!

Thanks in advance!

-Angel.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,935 Member
    How about getting enough sleep to start? That's the first thing that helps with fatigue. Then eat a varied diet with enough calories to support you.

Can't work out on a sleep-starved body. Adults need 7-9 hours daily.
  • TheSunAndTheRainfall
    TheSunAndTheRainfall Posts: 82 Member
    Exactly. More sleep is what you need. If you don't have the time, make time, even if it's just an extra hour or two. I know that whenever I miss sleep, I CRAVE calories all the next day. My willpower takes a hit too.
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Get enough sleep. It's super important. Gradually get yourself going to sleep earlier and take it from there. Then challenge yourself to get some workouts in regularly, schedule them in and actually do them. Even if it's just going for a walk or doing 10-20 minutes of cardio at home, as long as you're doing something. Then just build on it until you've got exercise and sleep ingrained into your routine and step it up a gear. Find something you actually enjoy for exercise and a healthy balance of foods, don't beat yourself up for having a treat and just be kind to your body and you'll get there.
  • kmk1447
    kmk1447 Posts: 95 Member
    I know the feeling on being drained at night! I feel like if you push yourself, it gets easier to do it every night. Good luck :)
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    I struggle to work out at night/ afterwork. Part of why I took my current position is because it lets me go during the day. Could you get up early and go? Since you wake up early?
  • latincoffee
    latincoffee Posts: 187 Member
    Thank you all for the feedback. Here we are a year and 1/2 later and my sleeping issue continues at times but I'm trying to decrease my caffeine intake and trying to go to bed earlier.