Do you have a motto??

I did not have an actual weight loss motto, but 6 weeks ago I was feeling low and had a "now or never" realisation (I'm getting married in June). I had a serious talk with myself ;) but, for once, I didn't say a word about starting MFP or training to any of my family/friends/colleagues etc.

6 weeks on and people are noticing that I'm down to a weight I've not been for 4 years - I was told I'm looking "chiselled" at a party yesterday. I told my fiancé this morning and he said he saw a quote on a board yesterday - it's my new training motto...

"Don't tell people about your plans. Show them your results".

I'll take that, thank you! Enough talking, more walking for me...

Replies

• Aftronthegreat
    Aftronthegreat Posts: 54 Member
    Fake it till you make it

This is also my motto :smile: in all aspects of my life!!!!
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    How do you eat an elephant?............One bite at a time
  • marie9910
    marie9910 Posts: 34 Member
    "...f you prepare yourself at every point as well as you can, with whatever means you may have, however meager they may seem, you will be able to grasp opportunity for broader experience when it appears."
    Eleanor Roosevelt said this. It motivates me to be and do the best I can at every moment so I don't miss out on life because of fear or insecurity. She also said this:
    "One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life."
    For me, not taking care of my health is the equivalent of "turning my back" on life, because I don't love life when I'm disrespecting my body. Keeping these in mind really help me.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    "I can do this."
    "Small daily improvements are the key to staggering long term results (Robin Sharma) "
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    My motto is: the world is my oyster and I'm the prize! Hehe jk :)
  • thebestyear2017
    thebestyear2017 Posts: 36 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    CONSISTENCY is the difference between a true CHAMPION and an occasional winner.

YES
    metalmeow1 wrote: »
    I remember it like it was yesterday. I'd looked in the mirror and said "This is disgusting. I'm better than this." (Not my appearance; my level of apathy!) I immediately worked out and I threw all my crap food (chips and Reese's) in the trash or gave it to my boyfriend.

What I didn't realise is while I felt better, I really missed my chips and Reese's cups at times :p No food is off limits these days.

I used to "reward" myself with treats. I eventually learned that was destructive and not sustainable. Now my reward is delayed, but much more awesome then a bowl of ice cream. Nothing is more satisfying than watching the scale # lower and being able to fit into a smaller pair of pants!

Now my motto is "Cheat days don't exist!"

I relate to this so much. I will never go on another low carb diet! Every time I started, I'd clear all the "bad" foods out of my kitchen and spend a fortune on "good" foods. It's only now that I'm realising I'm much happier knowing I can eat everything, just in moderation. And that chocolate tastes better after a 5K run!
  • rodneywittner
    rodneywittner Posts: 7 Member
    Better. Every. Day.
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    "Waste not, want not, is the motto of the yeti" and "hope springs eternal when you're a mom."

These are more parenting mottos than weight loss mottos.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    If you don't die, puke or faint, keep going.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Nobody's gettin' out alive.