Mom2Annie's Progress Thread

Replies

• Mom2annie
    Mom2annie Posts: 177 Member
    I haven't noticed that about hotel mirrors, but definitely dressing room mirrors.

On the flip side, I've noticed that microwave doors are like instant mini makeokers. They give you a romantic airbrushed look. God bless microwaves. ;)
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Gym mirrors, dojo mirrors . . . . the full wall treatment is rough.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I haven't been in enough hotels to know :p but I used to go to this one store that had a mirror in it that made you look thin, but then when you get home it's a major let down when you look in your own mirror and see what you really look like in your new clothes :/
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    The mirror in our staff washroom is the best, great lighting haha
  • Mom2annie
    edited March 2017
    Hey chatty ones! You guys are keeping our group forum hopping today. I love it!

Below is my 6-week OMAD update. I finished 6 weeks as of Thursday morning. :) As of this morning, I'm down another 2lb. I just love OMAD!

0d1uu410xvmb.png

• 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Mom2annie wrote: »
    I haven't noticed that about hotel mirrors, but definitely dressing room mirrors.

On the flip side, I've noticed that microwave doors are like instant mini makeokers. They give you a romantic airbrushed look. God bless microwaves. ;)

Need to get myself a microwave haha
  • leveejohn
    You are crushing it, congratulations!
  • Mom2annie
    leveejohn wrote: »
    You are crushing it, congratulations!

Thanks! You too.
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    What awesome news!! All your hard work is paying off. I'm so happy for you!
  • ShantelRae72
    ShantelRae72 Posts: 57 Member
    Mom2annie wrote: »
    I'm officially disenchanted with LCHF+OMAD and feel like I need to make an adjustment.

I don't think the high fat part is right for me. I want to stay low-carb, but super low carb (my aim has been 20-30 grams a day) is very difficult for me when combined with OMAD. I try to keep my eating window from 4:30pm to 7:30pm and I simply cannot get in enough HEALTHY food to achieve the macro ratios that are part of a LCHF diet. If I ate three meals a day, then I don’t think it would be so hard. As it is now, I'm eating significantly more processed foods and less vegetables & fruits which makes me feel like I’m regressing in my healthy habits, not progressing. I miss my green smoothies! I miss eating oranges and apples. I miss carrots, rice, potatoes, artichokes, etc.

And as of yesterday, I am super tempted to eat some serious carbs. I'm talking donuts, pizza, brownies, and cookies...not relatively healthy carbs like whole grain bread/pasta. I wasn’t craving that stuff before I combined LCHF with OMAD. It only just hit me yesterday which was my 8th day of integrating LCHF.

I'm also backed up and having abdominal pains. I think it's all the fat and less fiber. I can only fit so much high fiber veggies into 3 hours of eating. At the end of the window, I am miserably full and uncomfortable.

I was watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKUJpkO5FyU&t=2s this morning by a bariatric doctor named Matthew Weiner (author of A Pound of Cure) titled, “Should I have weight loss surgery?” which…

(1) is the first time in several weeks that I’ve shown any interest in actually having the gastric sleeve surgery that I’m technically prepping to have done this summer or fall; and

(2) he said something that struck a chord in me. He said (paraphrased): Whatever nutritional changes you make (with the intention of making them permanent) has to be something you can enjoy or you won’t be successful long-term. In that moment, it hit me that I am definitely not enjoying LCHF. I do, however, enjoy OMAD.

Is OMAD sometimes a challenge? Definitely, but it’s something I can see myself doing (at least partially) for the rest of my life. I don’t struggle with feeling deprived on OMAD because there really aren’t any restrictions. If I want an orange with my meal, then I have an orange and I can feel great that I ate something natural and full of nutrients! If I eat an orange on the LCHF diet, then I get to feel like crap because I’ve immediately blown my diet and kicked my body out of ketosis. In other words, I face failure more often through the day on LCHF than on OMAD. Once you get accustomed to OMAD, it’s like running on autopilot. You don’t have to think so hard and try so hard to stay on track toward meeting your goals.

So, I’m going to go back to OMAD only but be mindful of excessive carbs and try to consume mostly healthy ones, but not obsess about the amount so much.

Sorry for the novel! I hope everyone is having a great day. B)

I find myself obsessed with Low carb also and it is hard to do plus omad. It takes away so many choices. I don't miss the sweets but yes the potatoes and pasta stuff I really do. I think it is harder to stay on and my chances of slipping up are more when i don't have variety... but I've been making it so far. I do very low carb lately... I'm thinking of starting to switch up once in awhile
  • KetoKaHee
    The Ketogenic diet/LCHF is not for everyone. And there are a lot of women who don't do well on it. OMAD is challenging enough, don't throw another very difficult thing on top. It seems like you are really enjoying OMAD which is awesome! Listen to your body, enjoy your fruits and veggies and don't stress. I totally understand how you feel I'm facing similar challenges as well. At the end of the day you need to find out what works for you. When you eat your one meal you want to really take it in and enjoy it. You deserve that!
  • Mom2annie
    edited March 2017
    @ShantelRae72 I'm glad you could relate. Like you, I missed variety and options. I make this amazing green smoothie (1 cup kale, half a banana, half a pear, 1 tbsp almond butter, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk) and it was off-limits. I used to drink it almost every morning for breakfast and add chia seeds, flax seeds, bee pollen...stuff that can be hard to disquise in regular food... and not having it as an option really got on my nerves. I haven't had it yet since stopping LCHF but knowing that I can if I want has been freeing. Have fun adding back in some carbs. LCHF mindset is hard to shake...I find myself often eating LCHF without even trying now. But when I don't, there is no guilt to face.
  • Mom2annie
    @KetoKaHee I'm DONE with the LCHF eating, but thanks. OMAD is sustainable (with pleasure!) for me. LCHF is not. So there was no point in continuing. The LCHF way of eating has been hard to shake but my goal is to be carb conscious, not carb stupid lol, so some LCHF ways are helpful as long as I don't allow guilt into the equation. :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    That's what I'm doing now too, being carb conscious :)
  • Mom2annie
    I decided to have my first splurge day today. Ate lunch, dinner, and dessert. I'm a little scared of what the effect will be...
  • leveejohn
    you'll have a bump up in weight that will last a day or two, most probably. In the long term it will help you last from splurge day to splurge day.
  • kabrigail
    kabrigail Posts: 149 Member
    I have better losses from week to week if I do my splurge day once a week. It might differ for each individual but I was going without splurge days for a couple weeks here and there and my losses weren't as good.
  • Mom2annie
    Thanks guys. The scale showed about 1.5 lb increase but the biggest side effect I'm noticing is hunger. I sort of feel like I'm back to day one. Hopefully it is just in my head.
  • KetoKaHee
    You are going to be just fine!! I'm definitely incorporating 2 meals lunch/dinner on the weekends if I have social plans. But Mon - Friday strict OMAD. I hope you have a delicioius splurge day!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    At one point, I made splurge days mandatory for me. I didn't like leaving them open and having to make decisions each time and feeling guilty about it and I felt I needed it for the long haul. Everyone is different but that is what I felt I needed. I think it did slow weight loss down but I'm still here a 18 months later!