Not where I want to be, but still a success

SisterSueGetsFit
SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,212 Member
edited March 2017 in Success Stories
I have really been struggling lately to lose any more weight. I have about 20 pounds I'd still like to lose and it's just not coming off. This mostly because i'm making poor food choices more days then I making smart food choices.

Anyway, I digress. For the last 6 to 7 months I have really been struggling with my body image despite losing 50 some odd pounds I've been feeling worse about myself than I had when I weighed over 200 pounds. Within the last week or so I've come to accept ojoyhkzr9bsw.jpg
my body and its imperfections. I know that even after losing the 20 more pounds that I want to, I'm still gonna be able to pick things apart... being able to find acceptance and love who I am has been a huge accomplishment. I'm finally able to look in the mirror and be somewhat satisfied with what I see. Also doesn't hurt to compare side-by-side pictures as it's a completely different visual as looking in the mirror.

I know I can't be the only person struggling with this and I wish each and everyone of you the ability to love yourself.

Replies

• SisterSueGetsFit
    Sorry... I don't know why that picture went right to the center. Oops.
  • Aclaire88
    Aclaire88 Posts: 80 Member
    You look amazing Sue and you've come so far. Congratulations!

And thank you, you're definitively not the only person struggling with it. I've come to realise that my body image issues have little to do with the way I look.

All the best to you too ♡
  • Taliafinch
    Taliafinch Posts: 60 Member
    You look amazing. So fit and slim. It is so hard to see yourself as the rest of the world do. Sounds like you lost the weight quickly too so your brain will take time to catch up with what you are actually seeing.
    As someone who doesn't know you and is where your before picture is. You are an inspiration and motivation.
  • lovemytwosweetkids
    lovemytwosweetkids Posts: 9 Member
    You look fabulous!! I hope to one day look as good!
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    edited March 2017
    It doesn't look to me that you have another 20 pounds to lose - you look absolutely great! Maybe you need a little time to maintain at this current weight and mentally adjust. Yes, it is a mental game, the whole body image struggle. Give yourself time - you have done so well!!
  • frontdoorangel
    frontdoorangel Posts: 34 Member
    You look great! More importantly, I hope you feel great. You are such an inspiration and you are definitely not the only one struggling with body image. I know on here it says that I've lost 41 pounds but that was just the weight I was when I started MFP. In total I've lost more like 65lbs and even with that I still feel like the big girl. I still wander to the plus side of the ladies' department and when I order clothes online, inevitably they are way too big because I just can't bring myself to put the smaller sizes in my cart. I'm hoping it will work itself out soon, going to the gym helps because the stronger I feel I've noticed, the better I feel about myself.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    Thank you to each of you for responding, I appreciate your kind words. I understand we all see ourselves differently than the rest of the world see us, it's quite strange really.
    mxchana wrote: »
    It doesn't look to me that you have another 20 pounds to lose - you look absolutely great! Maybe you need a little time to maintain at this current weight and mentally adjust. Yes, it is a mental game, the whole body image struggle. Give yourself time - you have done so well!!

Thank you. I'm still at the high end of a normal weight, so there is defientaly some to lose...it's just cleverly hidden under those clothes. : ) And I agree to give it time. I've read several times it takes the mind some time to catch up.
    You look great! More importantly, I hope you feel great. You are such an inspiration and you are definitely not the only one struggling with body image. I know on here it says that I've lost 41 pounds but that was just the weight I was when I started MFP. In total I've lost more like 65lbs and even with that I still feel like the big girl. I still wander to the plus side of the ladies' department and when I order clothes online, inevitably they are way too big because I just can't bring myself to put the smaller sizes in my cart. I'm hoping it will work itself out soon, going to the gym helps because the stronger I feel I've noticed, the better I feel about myself.

Congrats to you on your amazing accomplishment! While I'm sad you're also struggling with the same issue, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. I still feel like the big girl too...but buying those size 6's helps put things in perspective. You should give it a try. Heck, you're returning things that are too big, may as well return things that are too small. : )
    Taliafinch wrote: »
    You look amazing. So fit and slim. It is so hard to see yourself as the rest of the world do. Sounds like you lost the weight quickly too so your brain will take time to catch up with what you are actually seeing.
    As someone who doesn't know you and is where your before picture is. You are an inspiration and motivation.

Thank you. I lost most of the weight within the first 6-7 months and have stalled out for the last 6-7 months, gaining and losing the same 10 pounds. At least I'm maintaining I suppose. I'm really just going to focus on me and put that scale away for a bit and see how things go.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    Aclaire88 wrote: »
    You look amazing Sue and you've come so far. Congratulations!

And thank you, you're definitively not the only person struggling with it. I've come to realise that my body image issues have little to do with the way I look.

All the best to you too ♡

Thank you. All the best to you as well.
  • minkatinka2017
    minkatinka2017 Posts: 21 Member
    You look amazing. You are such an inspiration to me, just starting my nutrition change... and of similar original 'dimensions' ...you can be so proud of what you have reached!
  • MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    You look great!
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    First of all I want to say you look beautiful. I can see it in your smile and more pointedly in the eyes.

Unfortunately were the last ones to see it. In my opinion, due to social media and advertising we've lost perspective of what normal is. Even the Superstar models who graced the cover of magazines are photoshopped.

One of thebest pieces I ever saw about this photoshopping and unrealistic perspective what's a YouTube video about photoshopping. It started off with a picture of a hot blonde and they showed the process of how she was photoshopped. The hot blonde started off as a slice of pizza.

The other piece I saw was a photoshoot Jamie Lee Curtis did. one of her like she wake up in the morning versus a professionally done photo shoot it was meant as an eye-opener to young girls who have an unrealistic and unhealthy perspective of what beautiful is supposed to look like

• madahar2017
    madahar2017 Posts: 2 Member
    I want to loose weight fast
    Taking 700-800 calories
    One hour walk
    4/7 days gym
    But not fruitful result
  • RedsGirl73
    RedsGirl73 Posts: 114 Member
    I understand completely. I have been more depressed since losing 65 lbs before and using mfp and over the last 11 days I have regained 10 back!!! I thought hitting onederland would be the magic number that would motivate me to finish strong but I was so wrong. I've recommitted today hoping I can get my head right. This is a journey and we need to look at it as such not when I lose weight that'll solve my problems. You have done an amazing job and look fabulous! We got this!
  • croftie4
    croftie4 Posts: 221 Member
    You really do look fab - I just got into a U.K size 8 top and I was just so shocked. I'm so one of those who don't believe how others say I look.

Please believe me when I say you look amazing and from the title of your post I wasn't expecting a photo like that.
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Yeah... I def love myself.. I just don't necessarily love the imperfections that I thought would resolve themselves with continued weight loss.... thin and muscular overall with comparative "chubby" arms... "ripped" (to me) midsection but yet some wrinkly skin on my lower belly... losing my shape whilst trying to get small enough to lose the arms (lol)... I finally just had to realize and tell myself that there is going to be Some sheet you don't like about your body and all the weights, running and nutrition in the world isn't going to change it.. look at the bigger picture that you are still hawt to some degree (lol), and very fit and get over it, I had to say. I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing because I Do Love fitness and just embrace my results and be thankful for how far I've come.. while continuing proggresive lifting ...:-) ... while hoping the naughty bits still work themselves out possible ..eventually... maybe?? Lol

Great job on your accomplishment! Just wanted to confirm that you are Not alone.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!