Dajoloehrs journey

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I had no loss last week either but we gotta keep going :)
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Good day today, went to the gym this morning and sweat my but off. I didn't beat my distance, but I was running on empty by 30 minutes and I always do 48 so the last 18 min was slower passed. Had a large filling dinner, messed up what I was planning on eating, but we had lots of left overs so no panic lol.
  • dajoloehr
    Ok so I fell off the bandwagon for 3 days now, I'm determined to not let this continue. Its starting to take a real toll on my energy levels and my house is showing it lol. Ive been scared to step on the scale, cause when I fall, I fall hard, and I don't think it would help to see a large increase that I know I can work off. I'm craving carbs pretty bad so I'm really going to have to keep myself busy before dinner tonight, luckily there shouldn't be too much junk in the house to be tempted by since I haven't gone grocery shopping yet lol
    Enough of the pitty party, Ive got some catching up to do with everyone's threads :) I'm so glad I found this group, you guys and gals are such a great group of people. Happy Friday everyone!
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    The nice thing about OMAD, it's always there to pick it up again when you decide. No prep! Glad to see you stay on the blog even when you're having a rough patch. You know what to do . . . ;)
  • Brendalea69
    Just get right back on, You got this :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    If the scales says you gained a lot, just remember a lot of it is food and water weight and not fat. Back on OMAD for 3 days and most of it will be gone. I don't like counting calories but I think when things are rough, you could always count and give yourself a day or two break and just eat at maintenance to give yourself a break (mental break) or have a scheduled splurge day. All that is better than just going bonkers and eating way over maintenance cals. Sometimes if we push it too hard, it can backfire on us and we will rebel and go off and eat quite a lot (been there and done that. A single day of that won't hurt much at all, but we don't want a lot of those in a row for sure. Just some thoughts.
  • dajoloehr
    I usually have a splurge day a week but ever couple months it seems a flood gate, to shove my mouth, opens.
  • blambo61
    dajoloehr wrote: »
    I usually have a splurge day a week but ever couple months it seems a flood gate, to shove my mouth, opens.

I think that is normal and I wouldn't worry about it. Just don't let it go too long. I did the same. I would tell myself, "I guess I needed that" and would get back on the diet.
  • leveejohn
    Everyone is allowed a moment now and then. That's just life. You know what to do, you know what works. Just because you don't see your recent performance as exemplary, that doesn't change what happens from this day forward. Keep on truckin'.
  • dajoloehr
    OK so, not going to lie, I was pretty sad this morning looking at the scale numbers. 251.2 :( I basically went back on my progress from the last month...in a week. Am I disappointed....yes, mad at myself....for sure, am I going to let this stop me....heck no! This will be the second time Ive gotten down to 245 and ate my way back up, my goal for the month...get to 244 lol I know its doable, Ive got to get my head back in the game (and my stomach lol)
    I didn't take measurements today, I didn't want to know lol, I'm sure they didn't change much, as they haven't really changed too much since I started this year.
    I just came back from the gym, this stupid cold, I had a couple weeks ago, seems to only reappear when I workout, in the form of a runny nose, which makes it very annoying trying to ride. I didn't come close to my longest distance today, still did over 14k though, so cannot complain too much.
    Re-Day1 so far so good :wink:
  • Brendalea69
    I'm glad your not giving up, you can do this!!! :)
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    We will all go through our ups and downs on this journey. The important thing is that you got your head back in the game. There is no stopping you now!
  • leveejohn
    I'm spinning my wheels a bit too . . . . but it's okay, we know this works. All we have to do is look around in this group!
  • blambo61
    Be careful getting back into your exercise. Don't want to overdo it and really get sick, ease into it. Been there and done that a couple of times. I used to gain about 3-lbs every sat (my splurge day) and would lose it all 3-days back on the diet. A lot of that weight could be water so give it some days back on OMAD and see where you are.
  • dajoloehr
    Yea I was going to overdo the workouts to make up for last week, but I know if it isn't sustainable, I'll give up. I'm still going to go my 3 days/week doing 35-48 minutes of cardio. Once the weather is nicer, I'm thinking April, I ride my bike to-from work, then I will switch my gym to weights. I'm not too worried about losing the weight again, I want to make sure I'm going below 245 lol that seems to be my nemesis #
  • blambo61
    If I'm sick I will start lower levels of effort than when I left off and build back up. I think that is important if the sickness was bad or has taken you away from working out for awhile.

Good luck. If you have a plan and a desire to keep it, your more than half way there!
  • dajoloehr
    ev0fneb9awgl.jpeg
    I made zucchini fries, never had zucchini before, I didn't really like them :( Since they were going to be my dinner I ended up making a couple English muffins with turkey, cheese and chipotle mayo, than i ate a couple slices of oven pizza. I only ended up going over a little, but I'm still disappointed. I need to get back to pre cooking some food for a quick dinner in case my experiments go wrong. Oh well tomorrow is another day.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    dajoloehr wrote: »
    OK so, not going to lie, I was pretty sad this morning looking at the scale numbers. 251.2 :( I basically went back on my progress from the last month...in a week. Am I disappointed....yes, mad at myself....for sure, am I going to let this stop me....heck no! This will be the second time Ive gotten down to 245 and ate my way back up, my goal for the month...get to 244 lol I know its doable, Ive got to get my head back in the game (and my stomach lol)
    I didn't take measurements today, I didn't want to know lol, I'm sure they didn't change much, as they haven't really changed too much since I started this year.
    I just came back from the gym, this stupid cold, I had a couple weeks ago, seems to only reappear when I workout, in the form of a runny nose, which makes it very annoying trying to ride. I didn't come close to my longest distance today, still did over 14k though, so cannot complain too much.
    Re-Day1 so far so good :wink:

In my head, when I gain back I think "easy come, easy go". I honestly think any gain we get in a small amount of time is easier to get rid of than weight that's been there for a while. I might be wrong but this mentality helps me work harder to make up for any gains
  • dajoloehr
    @1MADGIRL Yes :) I think that to.

I feel in such a funk lately, I don't know if its the weather / hormones or something else, but ugh!! I cant get to that place I need to be in to workout or eat well. Yesterday was ok except I didn't go to the gym (despite my son reminding me lol) and I ate a bunch of peanut butter after dinner :( Its a vicious cycle, eat bad cause I feel bad - feel bad cause I ate bad. I think I just need some sunshine and a productive weekend.
  • Brendalea69
    I agree that we need the sunshine, I'm so done with winter!!! Do you take vitamin D?