True Confessions - Don't Judge

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I confess I knew better. I should have reapplied my sunscreen. And now I have a sunburn. :(
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    fidycixer wrote: »
    synchkat wrote: »
    I confess...I'm over compensating by using the MFP forums to keep my mind off the woman who broke my heart. It's been a relief but... I'm sensing it starting to fall back apart. Is there a thread for this?

Maybe a therapist would be better to speak with

Is that a suggestion or a hint to move along? I have trouble reading between the lines sometimes.

You said you sense your heart is starting to fall back apart. if something havs affected you so dramatic that you can't move on its best to speak with a professional I think. You should be happy not unhappy forever
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
    I confess there is a "bride to be" on another thread talking about what she needs to do for her wedding and I just want to comment..."Don't get married. It will be the worst mistake of your life." I know that's not fair OR nice (hence why I refrain), but that's just where my head and heart are at right now. blah.

Aww. I'm sorry your experience was negative. It isn't all bad. Sometimes there is a lot of good.

Yes. That is true. My grandparents were married for 57 years before my grandfather died. Madly in love the entire time. But I'm no fool either...I'm sure there were times they probably wanted to murder each other.

My advice, based on my personal experience, is to just not. You'll live a happier healthier life.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    edited March 2017
    I've seen happy marriages in my life. My grandparents have been married almost 60 years. My parents have been married more than 35. I had no trepidation whatsoever when I said yes, then a year later said "I do."

I've only been married 6 years, so I can't say what will happen in the future, but I've been really happy so far and can't see regretting it even if it goes bad in the future. Especially since I have my son from it.
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
    I confess that this past year or so has really kicked my *kitten* and I kicked back... so now Im just tired. I'm *kitten* tired and I need a vacation.

Concur.
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    I confess that this past year or so has really kicked my *kitten* and I kicked back... so now Im just tired. I'm *kitten* tired and I need a vacation.

I hear you. This is why I'm going to California and Colorado this summer. I need a break and dissappear for a bit.

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    this site is fascinating!!!

Oh, just wait! It gets even better!
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Kasner1975 wrote: »
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »

I hear you. This is why I'm going to California and Colorado this summer. I need a break and dissappear for a bit.

Me??? You!!! You ignore me :'(

You are?! You don't tell me anything. It's like I don't even know you anymore :'(

• Dyl1789
    Dyl1789 Posts: 2,933 Member
    Come to Australia, everyone has fun in Australia, I arrived 17 years ago and still haven't left
  • FeraFilia
    dylans1789 wrote: »
    Come to Australia, everyone has fun in Australia, I arrived 17 years ago and still haven't left

This is on my bucket list.
  • Dyl1789
    Dyl1789 Posts: 2,933 Member
    You should come, its great, sunny, amazing people and the beer is great!
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    I confess I always thought it weird that Gonzo in rhe Muppets was so obsessed with chickens
  • FeraFilia
    dylans1789 wrote: »
    You should come, its great, sunny, amazing people and the beer is great!

When I can afford the travel expenses, and not want to kill myself at the thought of air-travel for 24hrs straight... Then maybe.