I'm in Onederland!

NavajoGirl85
NavajoGirl85 Posts: 164 Member
edited March 2017 in Success Stories
I have always been heavier. Even though now a days it seems even if your at 160 people still say your fat. I was always at least 30 pounds heavier than my older sister but she is small and skinny. Anytime we would get into it she would call me a fat sow and 160 was how much I weighed at that time. I got married, had a child and had in my mindset that I was comfortable with myself so it didn't bother me so much to gain a little weight. That is until a few months ago I was noticing that I couldn't do things as easily as I used to. Also I was looking at old photos and realized at 160 I looked good which made me think that I wasn't a fat sow I was just made to be a little heavier. I was hoping to look like that again ine day. Not just for me but I wanted my husband to have a healthy wife. I also wanted to be able to do stuff with my kids without looking like a fat sow or feeling like one too.

So on December 9th of 2016 I said enough was enough. I went into my kitchen and took out anything that I knew was helping my weight gain. At least for the beginning I would leave things off my grocery list that were not meant for my weightloss. I started this journey at 240.8 pounds, according to my scale. After many sacrifices, many workouts and by the will that I was definitely born with I can gladly say that as of this morning I am at 199.6 pounds! Is this still heavy? Of course. Will I continue to lose until I get to where I want to be? You bet your butt I will! All of us are gonna kick weightloss butt together. If I can do this anyone can.

Replies

• Ewa877129
    Ewa877129 Posts: 20 Member
    Congrats!
  • WindyCityGal160
    WindyCityGal160 Posts: 166 Member
    Good for you! It is amazing how people can plant perceptions in your mind. Keep up the healthy lifestyle!
  • StrongGirlFitGirl
    StrongGirlFitGirl Posts: 183 Member
    Congratulations! Great job starting with cleaning out your kitchen, too!
  • faramelee
    faramelee Posts: 163 Member
    Wow, well done you!!!! Great post :) Keep up the amazing work and attitude!
  • fatcitizen
    fatcitizen Posts: 103 Member
    great job!!!
  • Riah82
    Riah82 Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    Congrats!
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Awesome!! :smiley:
  • trvrmagz
    trvrmagz Posts: 9 Member
    Wow, 40 lbs in about 3 months, is amazing! Huge applause! May I ask what your caloric intake is per day, and what kind of exercise you're doing?
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    Great job!!
  • jlevans862014
    jlevans862014 Posts: 1 Member
    You rock!!!! I am starting at 260 so it's a long road but possible. Thank you for sharing.
  • juliegilburd
    juliegilburd Posts: 145 Member
    Congrats on your loss! You are an inspiration!!
  • NavajoGirl85
    Thank you all! Right now I'm at 1770 calorie intake. I walk whenever I can, use a stationary bike and use anything I can to get out and do excercise. I am also a housekeeper so I'm up and going about 7 days a week. I limit sugar and carbs not because I don't want them but because I would rather eat something that is gonna fill me up.
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Awesome I'm waiting on onderland but it's in my future. My twin called me fat and I was 140. I would love to be 140 again lol. It's great how our perspectives change as we age. Keep up the hard work.
  • NavajoGirl85
    Awesome I'm waiting on onderland but it's in my future. My twin called me fat and I was 140. I would love to be 140 again lol. It's great how our perspectives change as we age. Keep up the hard work.

You as well! You can do it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!