Jason's OMAD Journal

Replies

• rs2332
    rs2332 Posts: 116 Member
    Fantastic! Keep going, one day and one pound at a time!
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Jason, on those days when I can't get out of lunch for work reasons, I usually try to arrange for a salad. It hasn't seemed to have hurt my progress. Just keep it to stuff that won't spike your blood sugar (and insulin) . . . like vegetables and fats. Avoid carbs or even protein, if you can manage.

That way at least you're eating something with the group, and it's not as 'weird'. ;)
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    When I absolutely can't get out of lunch, I go for a run (or what passes for one for me...more like a moderately paced shuffle) in the morning and then have some light protein for lunch, like fish or scallops. It's more psychological for me than physical: I consider the shuffle to have offset the lunch, calorie-wise, so I rationalize that I haven't actually veered from my plan. Of course I have, since intermittent fasting isn't strictly about numbers of calories but rather when you eat them, but still, as noted -- it's psychological. Otherwise I have a tendency to go down the "well, you might as well eat the rest of the day (week, month)" path.
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    And then there are days like today, where I struggle to get my calories in!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Vanguard1 wrote: »

I wish I had that problem! I don't think I've had one of those.
  • rs2332

I felt exactly the same today
  • Vanguard1
    I can't wait to weigh in tomorrow, great weekend, great exercise, should be on target!
  • Vanguard1
    I weigh every morning, but my official weigh ins are Monday morning, prior to my shower.
    27 Feb 17 - 225.8
    06 March 17 - 224.2
    13 March - 217.6

Wow!!! Way more than I was expecting.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Wow that's amazing!!! Good job!!! :)
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Fantastic!
  • rs2332
    Great Progress!
  • kabrigail
    kabrigail Posts: 149 Member
    Wow! Awesome!
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    Dang Jason!! Whoo hoo! Isn't it awesome to see all your hardwork pay off. I'm so happy for you!
  • Vanguard1
    For those of you who have been doing OMAD for a while, do the big numbers stick? I am a little leery of losing more than a pound or two a week, should I expect to see this weight come back next weigh in?
    Overall I have settled into the program well, resisting my temptations and realizing how much I used to eat for enjoyment, not because I was actually hungry!!
  • Brendalea69
    I've been dieting since September of 2016 and I started doing OMAD in the middle of December, You shouldnt see your weight coming back unless you are eating too much or working out too much...If you want to see my weekly weight loss progress check out my thread...I have had a splurge day once a week since the beginning and by splurge day I mean I eat anything I want all day long.
  • Vanguard1
    Thanks Brenda, that is what I needed to see! You also had a big drop at the start, and then it settled down. All calm now, OMAD on!!
  • Brendalea69
    There's always big losses in the beginning and Im glad I could help :)
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    8 lbs first week, then I have settled into a trend of 1.5 to 2 lb/wk loss
  • Vanguard1
    Unplanned workout at lunch today. Me and a co-worker snuck off to the gym, I lifted heavier than I had planned on, but it felt great!!