TEAM FIVE

Replies

• b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,929 Member
    edited March 2017
    Challenge videos done! Need to get outside and do some leaf raking (stupid live oaks in my neighbors' yards) and hopefully seeding the lawn before the rain tonight and tomorrow.
  • b3achy
    edited March 2017
    2 hours of raking and hauling 7 bags of leaves to the curb. And notably, I don't have a single tree in my yard, so these are all from my two neighbors...however, found a great use for my old snow shovel that I accidentally brought down to FL with me from DC (meant to leave it in my condo for the new owners, but my movers packed it)...it makes a great leaf scoop (sort of like a large dust pan for leaves). It's now covered in live oak pollen (which explains my allergies this week), but it worked really well for getting the leaves into the trash bin. Reseeded most of my lawn (a bit irksome that the grass seed didn't quite cover the entire yard even though it should have...will wait to see what comes up before I head to the store to get more). Probably will do my Glider for some more minutes tonight. A bit tired at this point, so taking a bit of a break.
  • getsa
    getsa Posts: 98 Member
    CHALLENGE #3
    I added ginger to ground beef (mexican) style dish and went for a more asian style dish.
    I have had it for dinner and leftovers and it is delicious. I can't say that I noticed any changes yet.
  • jschmid2
    jschmid2 Posts: 1,041 Member
    Challenge #1:
    Completed the Sway and Groove video and really enjoyed it!

Challenge #2:
    Did nearly all of this video, but had to cut out any overhead stretching...felt good on my legs though.

Challenge #3:
    I chose Nutmeg.
    I added it to some diced pears for a bit of a kick and it really didn't do much for me. I thought I added enough since it was very clearly visible, but I couldn't taste it a whole lot. I like using nutmeg when I'm baking, but I haven't been doing a whole lot of that lately.
  • karinidowu
    karinidowu Posts: 327 Member
    Challenge #2 finished it felt good to get some stretching in.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Wow! Team 1 got all the challenge points again. That's the ticket to First Place!
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    zyjfap2r6g09.jpg
  • b3achy
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    Wow! Team 1 got all the challenge points again. That's the ticket to First Place!

Indeed! And they broke the 1300 mark this race too! Very Impressive!

Also impressive was Team 6 going from 6th to 4th this race.

And finally...Way to Go Fab Fives!! We got back to breaking the 1200 mark again!! Back to our old selves. Let's finish strong! We have a good lead on Team 2 (over 200 points) for third place for the overall race.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    THE DESTINATION FOR WEEK EIGHT
    IS UP AND RUNNING!
    ERIN GO BRAGH!
    :)
  • b3achy
    I love how Hawkins has these race locations planned out so well to match up to the various holidays! She truly puts the Amazing into the Amazing Race!

Okay since I've been so wimpy the past two weeks, I'm going to declare up front that I'm going to shoot to get 700 minutes this week. I have to have everything done by Saturday as I'm traveling on Sunday for some training on Monday and Tuesday (and hope to meet a fellow MFPer (who is on a different AR team) in real life).

Also, I had a good start today as we had a massive cleaning up at the church office - they've been doing renovations, and so all of our admin team supplies and other church supplies (mostly books) have been stashed in a hallway. Myself and a couple other ladies re-purposed a "catch all" closet into our admin supply closet...so lots of hauling the stuff out of the closet, sorting, organizing, cleaning, and walking to put things in their proper location. Nearly 4 hours later we were finally done (although there is still a bit left to do such as labeling everything). My friend had her fitbit on and she walked over 11K steps by the time we were done (though I know she did some of it before arriving). (Dang it, I should have counted the steps/stairs that I hit today as I am thinking I might do the stair/step challenge again, and I did the main staircase at least 6 times since the office is on the second floor of a movie theater, so more than a normal flights of stairs (guestimate is probably about 144 steps, as I seem to remember the back stairway is 24 steps), and also did some extra stairs/steps to one of our storage areas multiple times too.)

I had plans to come home and clean my house, but I'm pretty tired. However, good news, it actually is raining today, so my lawn seeding from yesterday is getting a nice soaking! :) Have a great workout week everyone!! Let's finish strong!!

8896b1db00e261d3abaf9baeb8e0ee9b.jpg

phelps.jpg
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Challenge #3
    I eat lots of greens, and didn't see anything about them not being able to be both fruits and vegetables (I think avocado is technically a fruit, yeah?), so here are my four I've eaten so far this week. Avocado, Spinach, Broccoli, Cucumber.
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Challenge#1
    I redid the frostbite footrace 5k from week 6. I like walking and try to do it as my primary form of exercise (with some jogging sprinkled in depending on how I'm feeling that day). Yesterday I particularly wanted to walk since it was supposed to snow overnight and I was worried I'd get stuck at the gym at least today and tomorrow.
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Challenge #3 Done
    Avocado (fruit or vegetable ?) , Spinach, Kale, Cabbage, Lettuce, Green Pepper, Shot of Wheat.
    I could go on and on.... :)
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 917 Member
    edited March 2017
    I've just had cucumbers and green peppers so far this week for green veggies. I'm planning on making a salad for supper tonight and I'll get the rest of them in :smile:

I think for challenge 1 I will do the iditarod challenge again and for 2 I will do the foot massage. My feet felt so good last week! So far I've done 6.5/16 km and one of the foot videos. It is finally warming up here! Tomorrow we are supposed to get above freezing and hopefully start loosing some of the snow we got last week!
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Mrscanmore wrote: »
    I've just had cucumbers and green peppers so far this week for green veggies. I'm planning on making a salad for supper tonight and I'll get the rest of them in :smile:

I think for challenge 1 I will do the iditarod challenge again and for 2 I will do the foot massage. My feet felt so good last week! So far I've done 6.5/16 km and one of the foot videos. It is finally warming up here! Tomorrow we are supposed to get above freezing and hopefully start loosing some of the snow we got last week!

Karen, that is great that you are getting some good weather! How is Jackie doing? I hope she is back home and on the mend!! Give her our best!!
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 917 Member
    rusgolden wrote: »
    Karen, that is great that you are getting some good weather! How is Jackie doing? I hope she is back home and on the mend!! Give her our best!!

She's doing better. She's out of hospital and recovering at home now. She's off work until the end of the month.

Challenge 3 - I had green peppers last night in fajitas, cucumbers today for snack, and then for supper I had a salad with lettuce, spinach, green onions and avocado.
  • b3achy
    edited March 2017
    So, I can't believe I completely missed that it was Pi Day!! :cry: I woke up late, and started to work right away rather than checking news or other sites as I've been noodling a solution to my problem all weekend and wanted to get it knocked out...13 hours later I finished what I needed to do (and then some)...but it's now 3/15...dang it...I usually try to make a pie on Pi Day... :bawling:

Well, all that work gives me some free time to do some working out tomorrow/later today as I did nothing but sit behind my computer today. I did at least finish Challenge 3 though.

CHALLENGE #3
    I have already eaten four green vegetables and one green fruit this week. They were:
    Monday: Kiwi Fruit; Green Onions (Scallions)
    Tuesday: Romaine Lettuce; Cucumber (Pickle); Sugar Snap Peas
  • ldrichmond476
    ldrichmond476 Posts: 157 Member
    CHALLENGE #3
    I ate four green vegetables this week. They were asparagus, and a salad made of green leafy lettuce with green bell peppers and cucumbers.
  • b3achy
    edited March 2017
    So, I thought I had done two challenge #1's today, but I just noticed there is a #2 challenge that was walking outdoors...woohoo!...soooo....(hopefully it's okay that both posts are in the same message)

CHALLENGE #1:

I CHOSE CHALLENGE #1: “THE SYDNEY BRIDGE CLIMB” (1332 Combined Steps Up and Down) from Week 3 (Australia)
    I CHOSE THIS CHALLENGE BECAUSE: I really hate doing stairs, but know they are good for me. I also wanted to do a stair climb on some different stairs at our convention center (not going to do it without a challenge) and actually enjoyed it more than just straight boring stairs. 36 steps x 40 times = 1440 + 150 extra steps on my walk today = 1590 steps total done. Some kids were practicing for the Thespian Festival that starts tomorrow, so I got serenaded while I was doing my workout - they were very good!

CHALLENGE #2:

I CHOSE CHALLENGE #2: “RANDONNEE ON REUNION!” (5 km outside) from Week 2 (Reunion Island).
    I CHOSE THIS CHALLENGE BECAUSE: I was already downtown for the stairs, and I like to walk on the RiverWalk while there. I walked round trip from the start to the 1.7 mile marker, so I did 3.4 miles outside. Also, if I'm going to pay for parking, I might as well make the most of my time. It was a bit chilly (low 60'sF), but a great day for being outside - saw some rowers from the local college practicing on the river, and also a couple of dolphins. It made it a great day to be outside for a stroll along the river.
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    @missionEnforcer.

CHALLENGE 1.

I Chose the 10.49 mile challenge from week 6.
    Because the weather here is good and both me and my dogs have enjoyed being outside in the sunshine this week

CHALLENGE 3.
    I Have had a apple a day plus. brussel sprouts. cabbage. and leeks.