KaHee's Journey of Self-Love & OMAD

Replies

• Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    That looks amazing...
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    For a long time I had a mandatory splurge day. I thought I needed it to keep me going for the long haul. I'm only 5-lbs off my low since starting diet 18 months ago.
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    Working out with OMAD is slowly killing me. Ha! I just need to eat more on those days or have some coconut oil in the afternoon to hold off the hungry monster until my OMAD dinner. Woke up again hungry at 2am. I just drank some water. I woke up feeling like crap and starving so I had a few nuts and felt immediately better. I won't eat again until my OMAD but I can't wait until I have a system down for my workout days.
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    edited March 2017
    OMAD with a workout is tough! I can handle 30 min of cardio and/or walking in a day, but if I get too strenuous or get into an interval I get ravenous. I monitor bpm with a Fitbit and stay in the cardio zone or below. I also do some push-ups and planks, but nothing like your total body routine, and only once or twice a week. That's just to preserve a bit of tone while I lose all this.
  • KetoKaHee
    leveejohn wrote: »
    OMAD with a workout is tough! I can handle 30 min of cardio and/or walking in a day, but if I get too strenuous or get into an interval I get ravenous. I monitor bpm with a Fitbit and stay in the cardio zone or below. I also do some push-ups and planks, but nothing like your total body routine, and only once or twice a week. That's just to preserve a bit of tone while I lose all this.

Yeah...it is hard for me to hold back when I workout. I definitely "over do it" and then pay for it later. I'm deciding whether or not I should hold off on training Mon-Fri so I can for sure do OMAD and then just train Sat/Sun when I have 2 meals. Actually...as I am writing this I think that is what I'm going to do. I feel like I'm really over stressing my body lately trying to do everything. I just want to get down to my goal weight and then I can worry about "sculpting." I have spent so much time building muslce that I'm trying to perserve as much as I can. I know with fasting you don't get musch muscle loss which is awesome!! Thanks for your reply!
  • leveejohn
    I read somewhere that the body is either in an anabolic or catabolic state. It's not possible for one tissue to be anabolic (like muscle) at the same time another is catabolic (like fat)....at least the body strenuously resists that sort of short-lived dual state.

I think losing the love handles before trying to buff up is a practical way to go.

Says the old fat guy ;)
  • KetoKaHee
    @leveejohn I'm taking your advice Sir! I hope you are doing awesome!
  • blambo61
    I used to eat a little something right before lifting and it helped (at the end of the day). You may try that. I've moved my workouts to the morning instead of after work and I never bonk now. I do eat a fair amount of cals in the evening though. I thought I would get crazy hungry fasting after that but it didn't really effect me much.
  • KetoKaHee
    Dinner was epic tonight! Avocado salad with homemade dressing. Salmon and green beans cooked in grassfed butter! So good! k2bh242q3cji.jpg
    a4l9xh1myfcg.jpg
  • blambo61
    That looks great! Salmon is probably my favorite food. Lately I've tried baked green beens covered in olive oil and parmesan cheese. Yummy!
  • KetoKaHee
    blambo61 wrote: »
    That looks great! Salmon is probably my favorite food. Lately I've tried baked green beens covered in olive oil and parmesan cheese. Yummy!

That sounds delicious!! Love parm...never thought about putting it on green beans...yum!
  • KetoKaHee
    I have a confession....ha! Am I the only one who spends hours looking at other people's food on instagram, pinterest or other websites? I really like seeing what other people eat, and because I fast I'm a little obsessed with food right now. I think it is turning into a problem ha! My work has been incredibly slow and sitting on my butt for 9 hours with not much to do leaves me surfing the web. I've been looking up recipes and fantasizing about my upcomming meals. I really need to get a hobby!!
  • MandyxSchmitz
    MandyxSchmitz Posts: 29 Member
    KetoKaHee wrote: »
    I have a confession....ha! Am I the only one who spends hours looking at other people's food on instagram, pinterest or other websites? I really like seeing what other people eat, and because I fast I'm a little obsessed with food right now. I think it is turning into a problem ha! My work has been incredibly slow and sitting on my butt for 9 hours with not much to do leaves me surfing the web. I've been looking up recipes and fantasizing about my upcomming meals. I really need to get a hobby!!

I do this too lol!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited March 2017
    I do it too, You should see my Pinterest page...I binge watch the food network too :p I don't know why I torture myself!!!
  • leveejohn
    I can't watch the Food Network, someone leaves it on the gym at work. I have to switch to something else, HGTV, anything.
  • blambo61
    I don't do that unless I'm looking for a recipe.
  • KetoKaHee
    So full! Deviled eggs, salad with nuts, flank steak and spiced cauliflower-rice! For someone who is 5'1" I sure eat a lot!
    3cyj8ce9q78p.jpg
    dqa4anu4n78s.jpg
    a4cor6en0j6y.jpg
  • leveejohn
    @KetoKaHee , is that cabbage with your spinach salad?
  • KetoKaHee
    leveejohn wrote: »
    @KetoKaHee , is that cabbage with your spinach salad?

Yes! I like the crunch factor and I had it in the fridge ha!
  • rs2332
    rs2332 Posts: 116 Member
    Wow food looks great! i purposefully dont look at food because it makes me hungry :) i am in search for a high protein nut butter at this point