2 months in and down 31 pounds!

gagesmom314
gagesmom314 Posts: 101 Member
I have always struggled with my weight. I was an overweight child, teen, and adult. I finally have decided enough is enough and started my journey in January. I started going to the gym 5-7 times a week and tracking everything that I eat. I am doing cardio and strength training and making sure I am coming in under my calorie goal each day. Today I hit a milestone and I am down 31 pounds. I compared my face from when I started and I can't believe the difference I see!

kj1lrmotamyt.jpg

Replies

• Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Huge difference! Congrats! Keep up the good work!
  • RedsGirl73
    RedsGirl73 Posts: 114 Member
    WTG!
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Awesome progress! What would you say is the biggest thing you learned so far?
  • gagesmom314
    Awesome progress! What would you say is the biggest thing you learned so far?

I've learned to push myself outside of my comfort zone. Weights are all new to me and that has taken some getting used to. However, the elliptical machine has always intimidated me the most and a month ago I couldn't do it for 5 minutes and now I can go for 30 minutes.
  • stroutman81
    I've learned to push myself outside of my comfort zone. Weights are all new to me and that has taken some getting used to. However, the elliptical machine has always intimidated me the most and a month ago I couldn't do it for 5 minutes and now I can go for 30 minutes.

That's really great progress! You should be proud. How sustainable do you feel your current approach is?
  • Love_k89
    Love_k89 Posts: 11 Member
    That's great. I just started on here.
  • gagesmom314

That's really great progress! You should be proud. How sustainable do you feel your current approach is?

Very sustainable. I have learned that I actually like the gym a lot. I allow myself to still eat the things I crave I just balance it out with good stuff and limit how often it happens.
  • stroutman81
    Very sustainable. I have learned that I actually like the gym a lot. I allow myself to still eat the things I crave I just balance it out with good stuff and limit how often it happens.

That sounds very reasonable! Love hearing from people new to the lifestyle who aren't taking extreme measures. Most people you can tell are going to burn out long before they reach any sort of meaningful goal. So kudos to you.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!