A song & memory it holds ....

anjixox
anjixox Posts: 24 Member
song ....Rudemental Lay it All on Me
Memory ... fab gig & night out for lots of reasons ....

Replies

• anjixox
    Great tune
  • anjixox
    were great in concert. Was a smallish venue when I saw them in Edinburgh. Had a fab night
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Rocky Mountain High by John Denver...

It always reminds me of my dad who passed a few years ago...I swear that song was written about him. We played it at his funeral.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Sappy one... "Just by Being You" by Steel Magnolia. My husband made sure it was playing when he proposed to me.

Silly one... "Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith. Just reminds me of a silly night with girlfriends. We were riding in the car. It was raining. That song came on at a stop light. We put the windows down and belted it. The people around us thought we were crazy. Like 10 years ago and my best friend and I still claim it as our song.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Open with caution.
    This song reminds me of my mom. Oh boy. :/
    https://youtu.be/uBPQT2Ia8fU

And so does this one. Caution again.
    https://youtu.be/zxSTzSEiZ2c
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Thunderstruck by ACDC. My daughters had me play it every day on the car ride to school last year. It would get them pumped for the day and ready to kick *kitten*.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    edited March 2017
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member
    Waste my time - Saint Asonia

Happiest, most loved, moment of my life
  • LittleLionHeart1
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    When my son was around 2 years old he'd get his bath and then naked time to jump on the bed in the spare room. One night we had Metallicas For Whom the Bell Tolls on and he was going nuts to it. It was hilarious. I wish we had it on video.

Hee heeee! <3:D
  • LittleLionHeart1
    When I was a little kid with my brother and sister. That song Joy To The World by 3 Dog Night. And my brother would dance the best he could. He would run super fast in a tiny circle, and then fall down. :D
    https://youtu.be/Dp7KfG9AjaY
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    rod stewart's "forever young" makes me think of my son. especially the video because he had long, sorta curly hair before we cut it off.
  • anewken
    anewken Posts: 8 Member
    Any song from the Abraxas album by Santana takes me back to 1974 and driving through San Antonio Texas listening to my 8 track tape player.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    a lot of songs I listen to, the memory I associate is normally playing a game. Since I would listen to music over and over as I played the game.

Like linkin park reminds me of duke nukem 3d
    disturbed, nightwish (2005ish albums) remind me of WOW, specifically Nagrand if that means anything to anyone.

I don't think I have any songs that bring back memories of anything special.
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    As a kid, driving in an old Ford Pinto, listening to AM radio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLeCB7Kn-VE
  • EZDUZIT68
    EZDUZIT68 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who

On the Cross-Country team In High School, we used have meets at this one park where we would drift away from the pack after the race started - into the woods where in a clearing a giant slab of concrete stood - like the monolith from "2001" - about 15 feet tall and completely out of place with no apparent reason for existing except for us to meet there, eat junk food and listen to a Who's Next cassette on a ghetto blaster.

We got kicked off the tam of course, but we recreated the album cover plenty of times.
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    the entire def leppard hysteria album - making out in high school
  • anjixox
    EZDUZIT68 wrote: »
    Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who

On the Cross-Country team In High School, we used have meets at this one park where we would drift away from the pack after the race started - into the woods where in a clearing a giant slab of concrete stood - like the monolith from "2001" - about 15 feet tall and completely out of place with no apparent reason for existing except for us to meet there, eat junk food and listen to a Who's Next cassette on a ghetto blaster.

We got kicked off the tam of course, but we recreated the album cover plenty of times.

great tune bedside and great memories ☺