Complete Transformation

LonsyBoy
LonsyBoy Posts: 72 Member
Hey guys!
Thought i'd post my year of progress.
45kgs on the scales gone!

Started the life change and gym on the 2 Feb 2016 after being left by my partner of 4yrs for being too fat and unappealing. More to the story but its a progress post :*

Started at 150kgs from day 1 in the gym with a very low calorie diet and small portion sizes, roughly 1,000cal a day (cans of tuna and small steak/chicken dinners)
I was severly depressed so food intake would have been low regardless but kept pushing with hard gym work and researching!

Everyday for the first few months was 15mins of the 'Fat Burner' setting on the Cycle bike for cardio followed by a full body weight session to try and increase muscle and force calorie/fat burning (which worked a treat!).

From that point I had progressed to 30-40mins on the treadmill at the maximum incline and averaging 4.5km/h to 5.0km/h the entire duration :D Plenty of sweat pouring out each time!

My diet is high protein and lowish carbs but I do cycle low/high carb days to keep me going and help with the growth

Approx 1,200 - 1,800 calories;
Protein 250g
Carbs 50g-150g
Fat (as little as possible)

Never been the super fussy macro counter, I just understand what to eat and what to avoid.

The weight eventually started to fall off and clothes changed dramatically from my largest at 3XL/4XL. My uniform was a tight 120R top and 120R pants.

My current size is XL and 100R top/pants.

Currently I'm sitting at 111kgs and still swapping fat weight on the scales to muscle weight.
Goal is to be 120kgs @ 10% BF

The photos are myself at 150kgs (2015-2016) and a comparison of myself at my leanest size (2010) vs how I am looking now (2017)
+ Calf shot and Forearm Vascularity
q19agqefqaf9.jpg
8xclqevjeo8o.jpg
6w6jy9nm2lk1.jpg
u3jiyilmni16.jpg
zvcbns8c9mw6.jpg

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    I'm glad to hear you aren't starving yourself on 1,000 calories like you did in the beginning, it definitely sounds like a complete transformation. Great job!
  • LonsyBoy
    If I had the metabolism to eat and eat I certainly would! :D
    Huge fan of the HPLC 90g bars from the local shops and a sugar free mother or monster
  • MissyK222
    MissyK222 Posts: 204 Member
    Awesome Transformation!! :smile:
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    So good!
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 384 Member
  • hoorayselma
    hoorayselma Posts: 127 Member
    Wow literally a whole new you!!!
  • wanna_be_free
    wanna_be_free Posts: 210 Member
    wow! somtimes it takes somthing like that to give us a kick up the *kitten*...you look fantastic a huge welldone
  • Altess
    Altess Posts: 77 Member
    Bravo!
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Well done, bro! looking fccking jacked!
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,131 Member
    @LonsyBoy
    Congratulations on your achievement you did good!
    I knew that you were from Australia even before I saw your profile because the arboretum or gardens in your pictures looked very familiar. My husband and I were staying in Port Macquarie several years ago and we visited one (maybe the Macquarie Gardens?) but I don’t remember the exact name of the place right now, except that we loved it and that we did a lot of walking admiring the local vegetation.
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Super healthy and handsome! Good job!
  • LonsyBoy
    Thanks guys! :D
    Turned an extremely negative life event around and found a better me, still at about 1/2 my goal :*
  • LonsyBoy
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    @LonsyBoy
    Congratulations on your achievement you did good!
    I knew that you were from Australia even before I saw your profile because the arboretum or gardens in your pictures looked very familiar. My husband and I were staying in Port Macquarie several years ago and we visited one (maybe the Macquarie Gardens?) but I don’t remember the exact name of the place right now, except that we loved it and that we did a lot of walking admiring the local vegetation.

haha yeah we have some very weird plants growing all the time, not as dangerous here as people think :p the photo was taken at a zoo near the beach here in Sydney (thankfully no drop bears outside their enclosures)
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Awesome work man, impressive results!
  • LonsyBoy
    Heres todays update, after breakfast and missed gym for a few days for some muscle recovery
    Tricep outsizes the bicep heaps :#
    jpq4suwg3cfo.jpg
  • Jazzberry91
    Jazzberry91 Posts: 74 Member
    I think you did a fantastic job! I am so proud of you for fighting through the depression!
    Side Note- your ex is a shallow jerk but it is most certain her loss because now you are free to find someone amazing :)
  • LonsyBoy
    I think you did a fantastic job! I am so proud of you for fighting through the depression!
    Side Note- your ex is a shallow jerk but it is most certain her loss because now you are free to find someone amazing :)

Thank you :smiley: spent many nights not being able to sleep thats for sure! spending 4yrs sleeping next to someone to nothing and them having another partner already whilst visiting her parents place in another state over Xmas.
    I certainly did find someone much much more amazing and supporting :D
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Nice work! I'm glad you've moved on and transformed yourself in the process!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Nice job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!