TEAM FIVE

Replies

• mvfeathers2
    mvfeathers2 Posts: 897 Member
    CHALLENGE #1: “THE SYDNEY BRIDGE CLIMB” (1332 Combined Steps Up and Down)

I completed this challenge because I had to miss the gym due a family member in the hospital, and the stairs in my house were very convenient :) Plus I'd already gotten several stair climbs in from the court house and the gym on Monday.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited March 2017
    Wow, spreadsheet is pretty empty and it's super quiet in here. Guessing everyone is really busy this week! Hope everyone is well, and if you are affected by the snowstorm, hope you are keeping warm (as I suspect some may still be without power).

fa062e8d43676d12ae856680ac6bf493.jpg
  • mvfeathers2
    mvfeathers2 Posts: 897 Member
    Hi folks - just a little note, I noticed some folks are using #3 challenges as part of their Celtic Choice. Unfortunately, the instructions say you must use a #1 and a #2 challenge. Our food challenge this week is 4 different green fruits/veggies.
  • b3achy
    edited March 2017
    Thought I'd post some pictures of my stairs from yesterday since the area is so pretty!

While they are both at the local convention center, the stairs I did yesterday were much more interesting than the ones I did previously (even though the previous ones had a bit of a better view being right next to the river/bay):
    tampa-convention-center.jpg

I had fun choosing different routes to take up/down...
    Tampa-Convention-Center-Patterns.jpg

And it ended up being a mile as there was a bit of walking between some of the levels of the steps.
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    edited March 2017
    Challenge # 1
    I did the challenge from week 6 (THE 2.5K FROSTBITE FOOTRACE)
    We have had beautiful weather here, so I was able to get out and go to the track to get some fresh air and sunshine.

Challenge #2
    I did the challenge from week 4 “SABAI (RELAX!) YOUR FEET!”
    I usually just roll my foot on a tennis ball to massage them, so this challenge caught my eye (I wasn't on the team during week 4). It was very relaxing. It works a lot better then a tennis ball :)
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    bm1409 wrote: »
    Challenge # 1
    I chose to do the challenge from week 6 (THE 2.5K FROSTBITE FOOTRACE)
    We have had beautiful weather here, so I was able to get out and go to the track to get some fresh air and sunshine.
    PLEASE NOTE THAT THE 2.5K OPTION WAS ELIMINATED:

"WEEK 6:
    Link to: THE LAST GREAT RACE!

CHALLENGE #1: “FROSTBITE FOOTRACE OR IDITAROD?”
    (Option #2 - 5K outside or Option #3 - 10.49 Miles in or out. Note: there is no 2.5K option."

IF YOU WALK/JOG/RUN AN ADDITIONAL 2.5K OUTSIDE AND REPOST, YOU SHOULD RECEIVE YOUR 10 CHALLENGE POINTS.
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 917 Member
    SO, the injuries continue! My calf has been very tight, and so I booked a massage and a physio apt, but before I could get in at physio, I was out for a run, and my muscles did something crazy! I had to stop my run and I slowly limped home. Went to the dr and physio yesterday and it is something muscular. The good news is that after physio, resting it and icing it for one day, I just walk with a bit of a limp. Physio thinks it will only take about 7-10 days before I can start doing some running again. It just feels so tight when I walk and it pulls! So, I'm going to switch to the 5km option for challenge 1, and I can still do the foot massage for challenge 2, but my minutes for the rest of the week will just be stretching :neutral:
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 917 Member
    Challenge #1 I chose the Frostbite footrace from week 6. I did 5.5 km on Monday, running outside. I really wanted to do the longer run, but I'm off running for a while! I chose this one because the weather has warmed up a bit and it is nice to run outside in the morning, especially because it is getting lighter and lighter out each morning!
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Oops I goofed up on posting challenge #1. I went ahead and still did the Frostbite footrace challenge from week 6. I did the 5.5K outside. The weather feels like spring this week and I am enjoying being able to go to the track.
  • milesaway61
    milesaway61 Posts: 1,390 Member
    This week has not been good for minutes. Sorry! On Sunday night, my stomach started feeling unhappy, and I did not eat much until Wednesday night. I was moving gingerly to avoid any mishaps. It seems to have settled, and I went out for a walk today. I'll aim to get some more minutes, but they won't be very high this week.
    I will get my challenge points.
  • b3achy
    bm1409 wrote: »
    Oops I goofed up on posting challenge #1. I went ahead and still did the Frostbite footrace challenge from week 6. I did the 5.5K outside. The weather feels like spring this week and I am enjoying being able to go to the track.

You may need to repost the challenge using the format again with the updated miles. They are pretty particular about the format stuff.
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Challenge #2

I repeated week 3's "CRIKEY! SURF’S UP!" balance video. I chose this one because even though I hate following videos, I felt like doing another 5k (week 2) was a cop out. :tongue: Balance and flexibility type exercises are the most appealing to me if I do have to follow what someone else is doing due to the years I spent doing ballet, so that is why I chose that particular one.
  • b3achy
    edited March 2017
    Hope you heal fast @Mrscanmore!! Sorry you are injured. Take it easy!

Glad you are feeling better @milesaway61 - way to push through for the team!

Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone!

9259493710_a8ae240302_z.jpg
  • jschmid2
    jschmid2 Posts: 1,041 Member
    CHALLENGE #3

I ate four green vegetables/fruits this week. They were broccoli, avocado, green peppers, and lettuce.
  • b3achy
    edited March 2017
    We're just over
    75.png
    of the way to Ireland!!! Get those minutes that I see y'all posting on the newsfeed logged into the spreadsheet!

Let's get it done so we can enjoy the corned beef and cabbage (and green beer) once we get there!!
    03-17-11-vfw.jpg

(We can at least count the cabbage as part of our green foods!) ;)
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    @MissionEnforcer.

CHALLENGE 2.
    I Chose the tekit easy mon Jamaca wk 7.
    i found it really relaxing and enjoyed it the first time so looked forward doing this today.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Hey gang... sorry I have been MIA this week. Had some stressful deadlines at work for my 3 day work-week, and traveled yesterday. My minutes have been pretty unspectacular, but I will get them posted and I have completed all of the challenges and will post them now as well...

@Mrscanmore - Karen, it sounds like you calf issue is similar to what happened to me on Sunday. Was so frustrating because my Sat run had gone so well. It doesn't seem like it was a muscle pull/strain and a little extra rest, massage, hydration, and some biofreeze has it feeling pretty good again. I was able to do some interval running at the track yesterday before traveling and today I did some cross training on the stationary bike, so hopeful I can do a full run tomorrow.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    CHALLENGE #1: “FROSTBITE FOOTRACE" - I chose this since it fit in my running training program, so I ran intervals at my local track yesterday, running 3 miles and walking 1.

CHALLENGE #2: “TEK IT EASY MON!” (20 Min. Recovery Video) - I chose this since I am still recovering from a sore calf muscle and needed to get some extra stretching in.

CHALLENGE #3: “WEARING O’ THE GREEN!" - This week I have eaten the following green fruits/vegetables: Celery, Lettuce, Spinach, Jalapenos, and a Granny Smith Apple.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    I've also been MIA from the Team 5 thread this week, but I have everything done. Will post everything once I get my numbers together.

Happy St. Paddy's Day and sla'inte mhath to my fit Fab fives!! (That's good health to you!)
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    CHALLENGE #1: “MUAY THAI ANYONE?” Repeat

I chose to repeat the Thailand #1 challenge since I love Muay Thai fighting and used to do it about 5 years ago.