7 Passenger Vehicles

becky6323
becky6323 Posts: 74 Member
So, looking for a new vehicle. I have 3 kids under 6 and the back seat of my impala just isn't cutting it anymore. But, I want to pay off our windows before I get something new and get the most out of my free car (136k miles, 11 years old and so far no issues except oil changes) so looking at buying next summer. Most likely buying used, hopefully certified. So, in all reality, buying a car that is new right now. Whats out there that everyone loves? Here is what we're looking for.
7 passenger SUV or cool van
Middle row with 3 seats in case we need the bigger back for supplies. With 5 people we'd like the 7 passenger for the big dog and the extra back seat room for vacations.
AWD or 4WD for Wisconsin winters and living on a dead end road in the country that is the last road to be plowed and early work schedules so we're out before the plows.
Would like a sun roof/moon roof since I can't handle enclosed spaces
Radio controls on steering wheel
Cruise control
Back up camera
Remote start
Dual temp controls
Back seat temp controls
Anti-lock breaks

Anyone have any suggestions on vehicles that meet thsee requirements? These are my needs.

Replies

• becky6323
    Should also mention, under 30k used. Might consider new but still 30k limit.
  • crimzonglory
    crimzonglory Posts: 2 Member
    Mazda 5 it's a mini "mini van" you can have all those features and good gas mileage to!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Explorer! It has all these features. I am not sure on pricing. I know I paid just over $50,000 new so I would think you could find something pre owned in that budget.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited March 2017
    Buy used. Better deals and more stuff for your money. 2 years or older is a good target if you want "new".

rv0omsg0i50p.png
  • becky6323
    I agree on the used. Much better deals even though I don't get to custom order a car, at least dealerships can look on other lots and get them for you if something is out there. Bought our car and truck past the worn in period with around 30k miles and 2 years old. There is generally a pretty good selection since a lot of the times its after a lease. I don't care if its used. It's new to me. As long as it wasn't smoked in. That smell you just can't get rid of... or puke :)
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Don't get a minivan...they're ugly and gross. I have one I hate it. It's like a wallowing whale and they are just so boring and depressing.

I want a Jeep Grand Cherokee...they are super nice
  • LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    Toyota Sienna has all of the features you mentioned.
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    synchkat wrote: »
    Don't get a minivan...they're ugly and gross. I have one I hate it. It's like a wallowing whale and they are just so boring and depressing.

Vans are not cool when you use it for your daily commute, but when you travel and/or have large family they come really handy.
  • synchkat
    dc8066 wrote: »

Vans are not cool when you use it for your daily commute, but when you travel and/or have large family they come really handy.

they're still gross and slow and wallowing. Ya they are handy but ugly as all get out
  • jmp463
    jmp463 Posts: 266 Member
    Toyota 4Runner - things are the best.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Someone mentioned the Explorer. That is a good recommendation.
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    jmp463 wrote: »
    Toyota 4Runner - things are the best.

They are, but I'd suggest a Highlander for the OP instead.
    The Highlander is a minivan pretending to be an suv.
  • jennibabie87
    jennibabie87 Posts: 74 Member
    Second an explorer!! I loved mine, I live in New England so I needed something that could handle the crap winters. She was amazing felt really safe in it too. You could probably find a returned lease for a good price.
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member

they're still gross and slow and wallowing. Ya they are handy but ugly as all get out

I'd rather have Mercedes' mini-RV, Sprinter or whatever it's name, when I drove from coast to coast, but it's price and maintenance cost...I'll be very comfy in a reliable van, heck with the looks. If I had to haul a few kids around, I'd probably get a larger SUV because it's safer. It's what better works for your needs and preferences.
  • becky6323

Ha!!! I had one while the deer slayer (my impala that hit 3 deer in a year) was getting fixed. LOVED it!! The room, the stow n'go (kids watched the fireworks after a movie camping out in the back of the van) the sliding doors, the videos for the kids, but man, I was "that mom". Would love a van except for the pickup and go (can't race semis when merging on highways) and the "I gave up" look, and everyone I know who has one says they suck in the winter. They just aren't high enough or rugged to get through the snow, and those are the city/suburb moms :(
  • synchkat
    becky6323 wrote: »

Ha!!! I had one while the deer slayer (my impala that hit 3 deer in a year) was getting fixed. LOVED it!! The room, the stow n'go (kids watched the fireworks after a movie camping out in the back of the van) the sliding doors, the videos for the kids, but man, I was "that mom". Would love a van except for the pickup and go (can't race semis when merging on highways) and the "I gave up" look, and everyone I know who has one says they suck in the winter. They just aren't high enough or rugged to get through the snow, and those are the city/suburb moms :(

Yes!!! you get it. haha might as well climb on in with your yoga pants that are all pilling and dirty stringy hair hahaha

They aren't high at all and they are like wallowing whales. Try getting into a tight parking spot. I can't park in the first aisle of spots at the club cause I swear I got stuck once trying to get out of a spot. now it's great for hauling stuff like my mom's extra walker and wheelchair and my giant suitcase of skating dresses and my skates and the boy's skates but I'd rather leave all that at home and race along the highway without thinking my vehicle will just quit and fall apart
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I'd look at a Chrysler Pacifica if I wanted that much capacity. Thankfully, I don't.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Also check out "Carmax.com" for used vehicles. If you can afford to wait a while you can usually get a low mileage vehicle that was driven at a dealership for a good price. In 2008 I bought a 2005 Volvo XC-90 for under $25K with 9,000 miles on it. The guy smoked a cigar and for that reason they couldn't sell it for higher. I have never noticed the smell, Carmax did that great a job with the prep. They will also ship a lot of vehicles to your local Carmax - you have to pay a fee; so you have to be sure that you want it.