Replies

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    I don't know I've missed him everyday of my life

But for other people it eventually fades away as I meet other people
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,511 Member
    edited March 2017
    Communication and trust is fundamental to the success of any relationship. If you can't do both, it's hard to make it last.

Sometimes the end of a relationship, even if it's one that meant the world to you, is the best thing for both of you.

But, the pain... I don't know that it goes away. I haven't seen that happen yet.
  • andrewq6100
    andrewq6100 Posts: 415 Member
    keeping busy and distance helped.
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
    There are a lot of good "inspiration" and motivation videos on YouTube. I found some of them comforting and enlightening.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    Nothing. It's a sadness that will be with me for a lifetime.

same
  • KickassAmazon76
    Vikka_V wrote: »

same

I believe this for me too.
  • Pamela_43
    Pamela_43 Posts: 315 Member
    I don't think you forget or get over it, but just get use to it.
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Or there's always the timeless advice my BFF Jimmy always offers in these situations...

Good ol Jimmy would say...
    "Maaannn, f'k that b'tch"... Lol
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    I just keep them in my basement. Mwuahahaha!
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »

yeah, same here... but not from a break-up; I've always quickly rebounded from those, no worries there.

Mine was from the premature death of someone I will always remember with the fondest of memories.

Cancer stealing someone away who meant so much to me. She owned my heart.. now she's gone.

It will always sting, always.

I've lost my grandfather a few yrs ago to cancer. I loved that man so much. Taught me how to write in cursive. He always bought me chocolate chip cookies...so many wonderful childhood memories. I never got to say goodbye. That's the kind of sadness that last a lifetime.

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    I miss my dad everyday. but I'm learning to get used to the fact he's no longer around and I'll see him in my dreams. Sucks to lose someone but that's life and life goes on.
  • kassierodriguez1
    kassierodriguez1 Posts: 357 Member
    I never stopped. I lost a friend to drug addiction. Dreamed of the day she would become clean and we could be close again. We grew up together from age 1 to age 15. We were very close. Like sisters. 13 years later, she overdosed. Now I will have no choice but to miss her.

My brother has chosen to cut me out of his life. And no matter what I say or do, he continues to act like I don't exist. It really is hurtful when people you care about don't seem to care back. Even when you have done everything a good friend, or in my case, sister could do. And they just don't see it.
  • Xvapor
    Xvapor Posts: 1,643 Member
    When I'm done eating a cookie and feel bad I just move on to the next
  • From_Within_
    From_Within_ Posts: 44 Member

yeah, same here... but not from a break-up; I've always quickly rebounded from those, no worries there.

Mine was from the premature death of someone I will always remember with the fondest of memories.

Cancer stealing someone away who meant so much to me. She owned my heart.. now she's gone.

I'm so sorry. I try hard to help find a cure- as no one should have to go through that.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    edited March 2017
    Nothing helps completely. Time, I suppose. Just. . .time.

And running. Running helps everything.
  • KickassAmazon76
    dpwellman wrote: »
    Nothing helps completely. Time, I suppose. Just. . .time.

And running. Running helps everything.

Boxing too
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member

I never got to say goodbye. That's the kind of sadness that last a lifetime.

That's it, right there.

Word for word.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member

I'm so sorry. I try hard to help find a cure- as no one should have to go through that.

thank you
  • From_Within_
    From_Within_ Posts: 44 Member
    edited March 2017
    Yeah - I said some stuff than deleted it. Basically I want him to be happy- if that means wo me- sounds good.
    Life has just been extremely hard lately. So hard. It could be worse and I'm so glad it's not. But wow, if I could be done I would be. So tired and worn away.