TEAM FOUR

Replies

• ddeliciosa
    ddeliciosa Posts: 168 Member
    @mari_moulin My leprechaun name would be Dreamy McCheesy! I've finally got steady cellular connection. Hope everyone had a good week, let's finish off strong.
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 260 Member
    @MissionEnforcer Challenge #2 Week 6 Be able to push your sled : I did this challenge because I really enjoy the fitness blender videos. I could do it quietly at night as we were on the go, for March break. Plus we just had our last (hopefully) dump of snow and didn't do any outdoor fitness.

Challenge #3 Greens - avocado, celery, cucumbers, green peppers. I eat a big mixed salad every day anyway, so this one is always easy.

Working on my Challenge #1
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    THIS IS “IT” TEAM! YOU HAVE ALL BEEN SO AMAZING!
    IT IS NOW TIME FOR THE FINAL PUSH TO FIND THAT POT OF GOLD AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW!

DESTINATION: COBH, IRELAND
    MILES: 4353

The following YouTube Videos will give you a taste: (Six Bonus Minutes if active while watching)

“View from Above - Ireland” DONE
    “The Beauty of Ireland” DONE

PLEASE WATCH THE FOLLOWING YOUTUBE TO MEET SOME OF THE FOLKS (STAY ACTIVE FOR 4 BONUS MINUTES)

“WHEN IRISH EYES ARE SMILING” DONE

WATCH THE FOLLOWING YOUTUBE FOR 3 BONUS MINUTES IF ACTIVE:

“RIVERDANCE LONGEST LINE WORLD RECORD” DONE

VIEW THIS YOUTUBE TO SEE MORE OF THIS NATURAL WONDER OF THE WORLD (TWO BONUS MINUTES IF ACTIVE):

“GIANT’S CAUSEWAY, NORTHERN IRELAND” DONE

PLEASE WATCH THE FOLLOWING YOUTUBE TO SEE WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE TO VISIT! (TWO BONUS MINUTES IF ACTIVE)

“20 OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACES IN IRELAND” DONE

****** CHALLENGES #1 & #2: "CELTIC CHOICE" ******

THIS WEEK WE WILL REVISIT WHERE WE'VE TRAVELED BY REPEATING TWO OF OUR PREVIOUS CHALLENGES. FROM THE FOLLOWING LIST:

PICK AND COMPLETE ONE OF THE PREVIOUS "CHALLENGE #1s"
    Alaska's Iditarod

PICK AND COMPLETE ONE OF THE PREVIOUS "CHALLENGE #2s"
    Jamaica's Stretching with Jessica and peanut

TO GET CREDIT FOR THESE CHALLENGES YOU MUST FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY:

1) COMPLETE THE CHALLENGE.

2) POST ON YOUR TEAM THREAD (USE A SEPARATE POST FOR EACH CHALLENGE:)
    a.) "CHALLENGE # 1 "6.89/10.49
    CHALLENGE # 2 not done yet
    b.) 1) Alaska 2) Jamaica
    c.) 1) OUTDOORS 2) RELAXING (I will have more detailed descriptions when i post after they are done)
    3) PUT A "10" IN THE APPROPRIATE BOX ON THE SPREADSHEET (this will remain "GREEN" until reviewed, and will become "RED" if rejected).

EXAMPLE:
    CHALLENGE #1:
    I CHOSE THE 10.49 MILE "FROSTBITE FOOTRACE OR IDITAROD?" CHALLENGE FROM WEEK 6 (ALASKA)
    I CHOSE THIS CHALLENGE BECAUSE I LIKE TO HIKE WITH MY DOG FOR THE EXERCISE.

YOU MUST POST YOUR OWN POST!
    POSTS CORRECTED AND RE-POSTED BY OTHER TEAM MEMBERS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!

******CHALLENGE #3: “WEARING O’ THE GREEN!”******
    (5 POINTS) DONE

YE DIDN’T THINK I’D BE FORGETTIN’ ALL ABOUT ST. PADDY’S DAY DID YE NOW?

***TO EARN YOUR 5 POINTS FOR THIS LAST CHALLENGE***
    WE WANT YOU TO EAT YOUR GREENS! (YOU CAN WEAR YOUR GREEN TOO BUT THAT IS OPTIONAL) EAT FOUR FULL SERVINGS OF FOUR DIFFERENT GREEN FRUIT OR VEGETABLES THIS WEEK! THAT’S IT!

THEY CAN EVEN ALL BE IN ONE DAY! BUT !! (ISN’T THERE ALWAYS A WEE “BUT”?)

***YOU MUST POST ON YOUR TEAM THREAD WHAT FOUR GREEN FOODS YOU CONSUMED***
    BE SURE TO LABEL THIS AS "CHALLENGE #3"!!

AS WITH THE OTHER CHALLENGES YOUR POINTS WILL STAY “GREEN” UNTIL READ IF THEY STAY RED, LOOK AGAIN!
    EXAMPLE:

CHALLENGE #3
    I ate four green vegetables this week. They were brussel sprouts, kale, asparagus, and zucchini.

***NOTE: GREEN ALCOHOLIC DRINKS DO NOT COUNT***
    IT DOESN’T GET MUCH EASIER THAN THAT DOES IT?
    MUST BE THE LUCK O' THE IRISH!

BEFORE WE GO I’D LIKE YOU TO ENJOY THE FOLLOWING LIVE PERFORMANCE BY CELTIC WOMAN. (AND AWARD 5 BONUS MINUTES IF ACTIVE)

“Celtic Woman - You Raise Me Up” DONE

543/700 MINUTES

Mon - 92 including bonus video min.
    Tue - 117
    Wed - 11- 9 (the actual number causes a glitch in posting due to it representing a virus so this is my fix)
    Thur - 154
    Fri - 71
    Sat -
    Sun -

LET'S GO TEAM SMASHERS !!!

P.S... I will add my minutes to the spreadsheet tomorrow and jump us up on the boards. I should also be adding the first 2 challenges tomorrow or Saturday.

• dawnsch1995
    dawnsch1995 Posts: 97 Member
    Challenge 3
    I ate Romain lettuce, spinach, green apples, green peppers,
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    Challenge #3 Mix greens , green peppers, celery, spinach
  • lynnbaum
    What a week I have hit a wall on the whole weight loss thing. Like nothing. I stayed about the same. Most of the time I would be happy with that I see on the scale but now I want more. I am pretty sore from body pump on Thurs and then kettlebell workout yesterday. I do see that I workout harder in a class than I do at home. I will be doing some walking today. I have to do a day of recover. I will also be helping friend move.
  • lynnbaum
    Challenge #1 I did 30 MINUTE KICKBOXING WORK ON YOUR ABS
    WITH JESSICA SMITH AND PEANUT! I really enjoyed it. I am ear marking this so I remember this workout group.
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    For challenge #1 I did the frostbite foot race from week 6. I walked all over old San Juan, taking in the sites & feeling very happy that it was warm :)
  • LisaPower123
    Challenge #2 @MissionEnforcer
    I repeated the RANDONNEE ON RÉUNION challenge from week 2. I chose this challenge because I did a lot of walking on our vacation. I walked on the ship every morning. I don't have exact amounts or distances because I didn't have Internet but I am confident that my distance was enough

• LisaPower123
    Hi all I won't be home until late Sunday if someone could please update the spreadsheet for me?

Monday:90
    Tuesday:90
    Wednesday: 120
    Thursday:60
    Friday:45
    Saturday :30

Thanks all!

• LisaPower123
    How are we doing this week anyway?
  • MonicaA2013
    CHALLENGE #1:
    I CHOSE THE 10.49 MILE "FROSTBITE FOOTRACE OR IDITAROD?" CHALLENGE FROM WEEK 6 (ALASKA)
    I CHOSE THIS CHALLENGE BECAUSE I LIKE TO BE OUTSIDE, AND WHAT BETTER WAY TO DO THAT THAN TO WALK AND RUN.
  • MonicaA2013
    CHALLENGE #2:
    I CHOSE “ Recovery Day Routine” with Jessica & Peanut from week Seven Jammin' Too Jamaica
    I CHOSE THIS CHALLENGE BECAUSE - I really needed the stretching and relaxation .
  • MonicaA2013
    How are we doing this week anyway?

We are holding 2nd place with a LOT of minutes/challenges not entered yet. I just got yours entered as well as mine so our challenge points should add in soon. That will help.
  • tarpguys
    tarpguys Posts: 140 Member
    Sorry team, I am having to take it easy this week. Doctor says no more than 20 minutes of exercise per day and that is just easy stretches. He says I have to take it easy on my hip and let it recover. If I walk for 20 minutes he says I'm done. So there will me no maxing out for me. He told me no yoga, no abs, no squats or lunges, no stair stepper. 20 minutes of easy stretches that's it!
  • carinamenina
    carinamenina Posts: 105 Member
    Challenge #3 - finally reporting in!

This week I have had baby spinach, green leaf lettuce, cucumbers, and jalapeno peppers. And cilantro because I love cilantro :)
  • carinamenina
    carinamenina Posts: 105 Member
    Hey friends! I can't believe tomorrow is our last day. I spent two hours at the pool this morning with my kids...only counting 45 minutes though because it wasn't ALL active time. I'm doing a long run later so that will help too. Thinking I might also do that 20 minute recovery day video again because that eas nice. We've been having unseasonably nice weather this week so that has helped get in some more time. I want to walk everywhere :)
  • lynnbaum
    I killed my *kitten* helping a friend move. I need to go back to workout class to take it easy. I did the kick boxing workout this morning. Let me tell you about that moving thing incase you are thinking I was slacking. So there were was the vacuuming up stairs. Then moving some things. Running up and down the stairs because I had to dump the vac. a couple of times. New carpeting with big fuzz. Ok then there was sweeping. and sweeping stairs. next I will tell you about the buckets of fittings and nails that had to go up the stairs and out to my car. We are not talking those little boxes of nails, I am talking about the 12" x 12" x 6" boxes of nails. I think there is 1000+ +++ nails in the box. I think they had to weigh 20 pounds. All I know is that I was breathing hard and started to sweat. Then I had to unload some stuff. I feel deserving of the points I added for today. Anyone think I figured it wrong?? I am looking at how far behind we are this week. I will be doing my last challenge in the morning.
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    lynnbaum wrote: »
    Challenge #1 I did 30 MINUTE KICKBOXING WORK ON YOUR ABS
    WITH JESSICA SMITH AND PEANUT! I really enjoyed it. I am ear marking this so I remember this workout group.
    Would you please identify the Week # and/or Country? Thank you.
  • ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    Challenge # 1: The Last Great Race!

I chose the 10.49 mile "Frostbite Footrace or Iditarod?" Challenge from Week 6 - Alaska.
    I chose this one because I love to be outside and I love Alaska. Our weather has been a little bipolar (70 -80 for a cpl days then down to 40 - 50) but still gorgeous.