TEAM FIVE

Replies

• My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    CHALLENGE #2: “SABAI (RELAX!) YOUR FEET!”
    Repeat

I again chose Thailand (mainly because one of my favorite Kpop idols is from Thailand) to repeat the second challenge. I like learning about nonmedicinal methods of healing the body, and reflexology has always been an interest. This has furthered my research in finding what all of the spots on the soles are supposed to effect.
  • My_Butt
    CHALLENGE #3

This week I had green apples, green beans, peas, green cabbage, lettuce, spinach, green peppers....does a lime count too?

Oh well, that's more than 4 anyway.
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,656 Member
    edited March 2017
    CHALLENGE #1: “THE SYDNEY BRIDGE CLIMB” (1332 Combined Steps Up and Down) from Week 3 (Australia) I chose to do the steps because I like to challenge myself and try to beat the day before, its good cardio exercise.
  • sue_01
    edited March 2017
    CHALLENGE #2: “FROSTBITE FOOTRACE" -(week 6) I did the 10.49 miles walk / run it was great to be outdoors since we had a big snowstorm at the beginning of the week.
  • sue_01

CHALLENGE #3: “WEARING O’ THE GREEN!"- This weeks green fruits and vegetables are broccoli, kale, avocado, grapes and beans.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Just pointing out that the instructions said to:
    USE A SEPARATE POST FOR EACH CHALLENGE:

Wanting to make sure that we don't lose any points because people combined their challenge posting. Not sure how strict this requirement is, but the challenge said to follow the instructions exactly and we sure don't want to miss any!!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    CHALLENGE #1 - DANSES DE REUNION (5 videos)
    I chose this challenge because I love to dance and the dance videos were fun. Although the challenge requirements was for the first 5 videos, I did all 7 of them for the extra minutes.

• RaeBeeBaby
    CHALLENGE #2 - BE ABLE TO PUSH YOUR SLED (40 minute fitness blender video)
    I chose this challenge because it's the only one that I had failed to complete during this Amazing Race challenge. I didn't want to leave any challenges "on the table" for this race so HAD to complete this one for my own edification.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    CHALLENGE #3 - WEARING O' THE GREEN - 4 servings of green veggies or fruits
    My four included - asparagus, broccoli, romaine lettuce, and green grapes.
    I also had spinach, celery, green cabbage, and kale.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    And my minutes/miles for the week (so far):
    Mon - 80
    Tue - 100
    Wed - 75
    Thu - 70
    Fri - 100

I won't make the 700 this week, but I've been active every day.
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    sue_01 wrote: »
    CHALLENGE #2: “FROSTBITE FOOTRACE" -(week 6) I did the 10.49 miles walk / run it was great to be outdoors since we had a big snowstorm at the beginning of the week.
    This is Challenge #1 from Week 6. You have posted another Challenge #1 with "The Sydney Bridge Climb".
    Therefore, you need to choose a Challenge #2 from the list in order to receive points for both.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited March 2017
    sue_01 wrote: »
    This is Challenge #1 from Week 6. You have posted another Challenge #1 with "The Sydney Bridge Climb".
    Therefore, you need to choose a Challenge #2 from the list in order to receive points for both.

Psssst, @sue_01 - pick Challenge #2 from Reunion Island (5K outdoors) on Week 2... ;) ...it's what I ended up doing if you read back in the thread a bit.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Plus 30 more for Friday - went back and watched videos that I had missed throughout. The northern lights time-lapse videos are just incredible!!

Where I live in NW Oregon we have seen glimpses of the northern lights from time to time. Mostly it's just a green glow in the sky - nothing like the gorgeous show you can see in Alaska, but still pretty cool. I want to see them up close someday!

And BTW, the Iditarod is running right now! The winners have reached Nome, but there are still a dozen or so still on the course. Go Mushers!!
  • My_Butt
    edited March 2017
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    Plus 30 more for Friday - went back and watched videos that I had missed throughout. The northern lights time-lapse videos are just incredible!!

Where I live in NW Oregon we have seen glimpses of the northern lights from time to time. Mostly it's just a green glow in the sky - nothing like the gorgeous show you can see in Alaska, but still pretty cool. I want to see them up close someday!

And BTW, the Iditarod is running right now! The winners have reached Nome, but there are still a dozen or so still on the course. Go Mushers!!

Speaking of the Iditarod, k and I had planned to go up to the Cleveland museum of natural history tomorrow, and I was so excited to see Balto (famous sled dog). A prized fighter from Cleveland saw the mistreatment of the sled dogs, so he brought the team here to Cleveland where they stayed at the zoo. After Balto died, he was taxidermied and moved to the museum.

.....I did some research and found that Balto isn't here this weekend. He is currently on display in Alaska for a little while (I'm assuming while the Iditarod is going on).

Bubble burst.
  • sue_01
    Challenge #2: from Reunion Island (5K outdoors)

I chose to walk /run it was great to be outdoors, and in the sunshine. ( we had the big snowstorm, constant snow for three days).
  • jen_b860813
    jen_b860813 Posts: 303 Member
    edited March 2017
    Challenge #1:
    I chose to do the “MUAY THAI ANYONE?” challenge again. I liked this video so I decided to do it again! I love kickboxing and miss doing it in high school for gym :)
  • jen_b860813
    Challenge #2:
    I chose to do the “TEK IT EASY MON!” I did this on Friday after a very stressful week. It definitely helped me relax.
  • jen_b860813
    Challenge #3:
    This week I had a caesar salad with romaine lettuce, green beans, peas and a spinach salad.

Not super exciting but I did get them all in :)
  • getsa
    getsa Posts: 98 Member
    CHALLENGE #1:

I CHOSE THE CHALLENGE #1: “MUAY THAI ANYONE?” (30 Min. Kickboxing Video) from TUK TUK TO THAILAND!
    I CHOSE THIS CHALLENGE BECAUSE I LIKE TO MMA.
  • ldrichmond476
    ldrichmond476 Posts: 157 Member

CHALLENGE #1: “FROSTBITE FOOTRACE OR IDITAROD?”
    (Option #2 - 5K outside or Option #3 - 10.49 Miles in or out. Note: there is no 2.5K option.)

From week 6 Alaska

I did the 5k outside walking my dogs in the spectacular weather we have been having.
    One needs the leash training and we all can use the exercise.