Looking for friends who MOSTLY eat clean

Options
I know I can eat whatever I want but I prefer volume and want some ideas. Looking for add friends that eat mostly whole foods to get some new ideas

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'm a mix and match of clean and dirty, depending any number of factors. When I want to feel full, I eat Greek yogurt and Fiber One cereal with an orange. I also like to saute fresh spinach, mushrooms, and garlic. I eat a lot of the salmon and tuna packets and grilled chicken kebabs from costco.

And soup. Many soups go a long way with few calories. I like tomato soup and southwestern veggie/chicken soups. I get a lot of bang for my buck with tacos. I get a whole grain shell and use whatever ground meat. Add lots of salsa or tomatillo and use lower fat sour cream (but I gotta have full fat cheese).

And eggs. Lots of eggs. Usually boiled, but I like I'm letter on weekends.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I don't log, but am always up for a conversation about cooking with whole foods or nutrition.

I'm mostly a pretty dull cook (meat, veg, starch, often just as separate courses, sometimes tagine or stir fry or pasta dish -- lots of veg, normally, a bit less starch if I'm trying to cut calories in the meal, fat as accent, maybe fruit as accent, depending on the dish). However, I've been vegetarian for Lent (normal thing for me) and it's inspiring me to finally get back to some of my Indian and middle eastern and other cook books to play around with more ideas.
  • l911jnt
    l911jnt Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I eat "somewhat sometimes" clean lol. Some weeks its not clean at all and then I will get on a kick and prep everything and cook it myself. Just depends on my mood and how busy I am . You can add me, diary is open to friends!
  • fleurholl
    fleurholl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    (mostly) clean vegan here :smile: my recipes on www.fleursvegankitchen.com
  • leelee8881
    leelee8881 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am actually in the process of changing my whole way of eating. I became inspired by a youtuber called fullyrawkristine and I just want to change. But I refuse to fail. So I'm starting 2 raw meals a day, and 1 protein meal. Currently I find it really enjoyable and easy to go raw for breakfast and lunch. So next week I'm going to switch my protein meal to lunch and raw breakfast and dinner. And see how that goes
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty clean with the occasional cheat meal.
  • kspirit
    kspirit Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend. i try to eat clean most of the time.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I eat mostly healthy with some indulgences. No cheat days or cheat meals.
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    fascha wrote: »
    I know I can eat whatever I want but I prefer volume and want some ideas. Looking for add friends that eat mostly whole foods to get some new ideas

I mostly eat simple whole foods for health reasons. I also like this type of food. I'm a vegetarian/almost vegan but am happy to be friends with anybody with any lifestyle. I've lost almost 40 pounds and have been in maintenance since November 2016.